Help me pick a WvW Server [NA]

Aibon.4608

Hey, all, can someone point me to a server, on NA, that is active around 8 PM - 12 AM EST? I am currently on Jade Quarry, but our numbers are dismal, around the clock, and the few people we do have are, frankly not great at WvW. If someone could fill me in on what servers are currently strong, during those times, I'd appreciate it.

@Aibon.4608 said:Hey, all, can someone point me to a server, on NA, that is active around 8 PM - 12 AM EST? I am currently on Jade Quarry, but our numbers are dismal, around the clock, and the few people we do have are, frankly not great at WvW. If someone could fill me in on what servers are currently strong, during those times, I'd appreciate it.

wvwstats.com has coverage statistics.

@Tinnel.4369 said:

@"Aibon.4608" said:Hey, all, can someone point me to a server, on NA, that is active around 8 PM - 12 AM EST? I am currently on Jade Quarry, but our numbers are dismal, around the clock, and the few people we do have are, frankly not great at WvW. If someone could fill me in on what servers are currently strong, during those times, I'd appreciate it.

wvwstats.com has coverage statistics.Just to add to this

NA Est - 1) Fort Aspenwood 2) Anvil Rock 3) Maguuma 4)Northern Shiverpeaks 5) DragonbrandNA Pst - 1) Fort Aspenwood 2) Anvil Rock 3) Northern Shiverpeaks 4) Dragonbrand 5) Blackgate

Some of those are full servers so you would have to join their linking server to play with them. Most of the others are Very High which would cost a decent amount of gems to transfer.

@Aibon.4608 said:Hey, all, can someone point me to a server, on NA, that is active around 8 PM - 12 AM EST? I am currently on Jade Quarry, but our numbers are dismal, around the clock, and the few people we do have are, frankly not great at WvW. If someone could fill me in on what servers are currently strong, during those times, I'd appreciate it.

just pick between mag/AR/NSP

@Imperious.4298 said:Tbh I'd avoid Mag, they've been hit or miss as of late and just a salt mine mostly in the early hours of the day and even towards the late afternoon, we lose our EBG garri constantly if against FA,SbI or just anyone at this point and apparently can't even keep our own home borderlands at times...

can't really judge by just that matchup it's FA/SBI the most stacked server atmforming omniblobs and roll over ppl can't really much about that

@Blackhawk.3951 said:as next week is the big showdown between two stacked servers... your time will have activity where ever you go if your planning to join one of their servers. Right now FA leads EVERY time zone so if you like just being carried them that’s your go to server.

FUCK ME,i was on Fa. had the AMAZING IDea to transfer back to EU and 1 year later FUCK i regret my decision.Now its full aaand cant get back :(Thinking on DB tho

@ilMasa.2546 said:

@Blackhawk.3951 said:as next week is the big showdown between two stacked servers... your time will have activity where ever you go if your planning to join one of their servers. Right now FA leads EVERY time zone so if you like just being carried them that’s your go to server.

kitten ME,i was on Fa. had the AMAZING IDea to transfer back to EU and 1 year later kitten i regret my decision.Now its full aaand cant get back :(Thinking on DB tho

Wait a bit. Evidently the weather got too ‘fair’.

Soon, they’ll get a new link and...

I joined BP last week.They are pretty stacked at your preferred time zone.

8pm-12am EST (Populated & Strong timezone)

• 2-3 maps queued
  • Many decent guilds/commanders raiding
  • High KDR (Usually farms other servers)

12am-4am EST (Populated but Weak timezone)

• 1 map queued
  • 1-2 PUG commanders
  • Low KDR (Usually get farmed by other servers)

4am-7am EST (Relatively Populated but Hit/Miss timezone)

• No maps queued but with enough activity relative to other servers
  • 1-2 PUG commanders
  • Low/High KDR (Depends on whether LATE guild raids)

7am-11pm EST (Lowly Populated and Weak Timezone)

• No maps queued
  • No commanders
  • Low KDR (Usually gets flipped by other servers without a fight)

11pm-8pm EST (Relatively Populated and Decent Timezone)

• No maps queued
  • 1-2 PUG commanders
  • Average KDR (Able to break even)

@EremiteAngel.9765 said:

• 2-3 maps queued

• 1 map queued
  • 1-2 PUG commanders

• 1-2 PUG commanders

• No maps queued
  • No commanders

• No maps queued
  • 1-2 PUG commanders

Pfff so you saying 12-4 am EST for BP is weak?? Haha haha... ha ha ha ... no, your viewpoints are way off...

@MELORD.5013 said:

@Imperious.4298 said:Tbh I'd avoid Mag, they've been hit or miss as of late and just a salt mine mostly in the early hours of the day and even towards the late afternoon, we lose our EBG garri constantly if against FA,SbI or just anyone at this point and apparently can't even keep our own home borderlands at times...

can't really judge by just that matchup it's FA/SBI the most stacked server atmforming omniblobs and roll over ppl can't really much about that

I mean considering how they've been responding to said servers, it's not worth it, I put enough with people blaming others for not doing anything when they themselves are just sitting and watching instead of doing anything. Literally.

@Blackhawk.3951 said:

• 2-3 maps queued

• 1 map queued
  • 1-2 PUG commanders

• 1-2 PUG commanders

• No maps queued
  • No commanders

• No maps queued
  • 1-2 PUG commanders

Pfff so you saying 12-4 am EST for BP is weak?? Haha haha... ha ha ha ... no, your viewpoints are way off...

There is usually a map queue in EBG from 12-4am EST on BP.However, it is led by a Pugmander and not a very organized guild.They depend more on numbers to handle fights.Usually they get rolled over if faced with organized opposing guilds.If the opposing side's guilds are not raiding, then BP wins due to sheer numbers.With Mag being the exception as their pugs are some of the most experienced fighters in WvW and even when outnumbered, Mag pugs are skillful enough to chip BP's blob down during those hours.

Can i get some help aswell?Ima transfer back to US and these are the server i 'd like some infos about:

• Sea of Sorrow
  • Northern Shiverspeaks
  • Borlis Pass !?
  • DragonBrand ?!
  • Yak's Bend
  • Anvil Rock
  • Maguma
  • Jade Quarry

In specific i would like to know which server offers an all around coverage.I play on EU time-zone mostly,but i can go for an "early prime" US aswell.

So far here,people have talked mostly of BP: wondering what about the others.

@"ilMasa.2546" said:Can i get some help aswell?Ima transfer back to US and these are the server i 'd like some infos about:

• Sea of Sorrow
  • Northern Shiverspeaks
  • Borlis Pass
  • DragonBrand
  • Yak's Bend
  • Anvil Rock
  • Maguma
  • Jade Quarry

In specific i would like to know which server offers an all around coverage.I play on EU time-zone mostly,but i can go for an "early prime" US aswell.

I would not recommend DB.They winning tier 4 only due to sheer numbers.I reckon Mag is gonna have a field day with them this rest.

@"ilMasa.2546" said:Can i get some help aswell?Ima transfer back to US and these are the server i 'd like some infos about:

• Sea of Sorrow
  • Northern Shiverspeaks
  • Borlis Pass
  • DragonBrand
  • Yak's Bend
  • Anvil Rock
  • Maguma
  • Jade Quarry

Ok, I will give you an honest opinion on the servers I know. DB is a pretty laid back server. It has its good sides bring you close as a family. And dang it if they don’t fight against near impossible odds. But it’s a coin toss on who they get as a link. The coverage is not 24/7 and does have dead zones.

MAG right now I wouldn’t recommend transferring to due to either the server is holding off on fights to tank or they have given up. And the chat can be rather...well let’s just say you will see more vitriol than anything. (Currently a link to MAG and it is not like the MAG of old.)

I would highly recommend waiting until the patch drops before making a decision. Watch GW2stats before and after because this patch will either make or break servers.

@Sinfullysweet.4517 said:

• Sea of Sorrow
  • Northern Shiverspeaks
  • Borlis Pass
  • DragonBrand
  • Yak's Bend
  • Anvil Rock
  • Maguma
  • Jade Quarry

Ok, I will give you an honest opinion on the servers I know. DB is a pretty laid back server. It has its good sides bring you close as a family. And dang it if they don’t fight against near impossible odds. But it’s a coin toss on who they get as a link. The coverage is not 24/7 and does have dead zones.

MAG right now I wouldn’t recommend transferring to due to either the server is holding off on fights to tank or they have given up. And the chat can be rather...well let’s just say you will see more vitriol than anything. (Currently a link to MAG and it is not like the MAG of old.)

I would highly recommend waiting until the patch drops before making a decision. Watch GW2stats before and after because this patch will either make or break servers.

Actually DB was my first US server i transfered to,back in vanilla.Time has passed so,no idea what is the current situation there,but not having a propre 24/7 coverage is kinda of an issue to me,just cos i really want to see people since my chedule is also kinda random.

So u sayin its better to wait until patch but i was thinking the opposite: when the patch drop i guess there will be an influx of (returning?) players so,maybe now its a better time to actually judge numbers?! Honest question