[Suggestion] Add one elite skill per class

ROMANG.1903

All classes, without elite specs, have 5 different types of utility skills to choose from. Many talents affect these skills and offer gameplay options. But for no apparent reason, all classes have one utility type that doesn't have an elite skill. The Elementalist lacks an elite arcane skill for example. The Thief doesn't have an elite trap, the Engineer doesn't have an elite gadget... I can go on and on for every class in the game, except perhaps the Revenant.

I see there an occasion to bring more diversity to the game, by adding a new elite skill for each class. Many classes have a set of elite skills from which we choose "the least useless" instead of "the most useful". Adding a new elite could maybe bring build diversity, and refresh the game a little?

@Shafi.8952 said:Make the racial skills and the mistfire wolf, etc be at least semi-vaiable.

What's the point in having them in the game if no one ever have a reason to use them?

That wont happen. Ever. They intended the Racial skills NOT to be as strong as actual class skills. Because it would lead to people making a specific race character for the skill rather than making a character they wanted.

Elementalist (Signet): signet of energy. Passive 180 ferocity. Active reset attunments CD. breakstunEngineer (Gadget): cryospray. Chill and blind foes in a cone in front of you. Belt skill: cleanse burn and bleed.Guardian (Consecration): Faith aura. Gain a light aura that reduce all damage taken by 20%, burn nearby foes and periodically grant might to up to 5 allies in the radius.Mesmer (Fantasm): Fantasmal swarm. A swarm of butterfly assault your foe, periodically applying confusion and bleed to your foe and foes in the radius.Necromancer (Signet): signet of doom. Passive reduce condition damage taken by 10%. Active Inflict fear (2s) to foes around you.Ranger (trap): Howling trap. Confuse and reveal all foes in the radius.Thief (Signet): Jester's signet. Passive reduce damage taken by 10%. Active Weaken and provoke your foe for 4 seconds.Warrior (Shout): "Coward!". Cripple, knock down, and weaken foes around you.

Guardian: Spirit weapon: StaffSummon a staff on the loaction, destroy all surrounding and burn foes within the area.They could just use some parts of the ascalonian meteorshowers plus some summon animation of the staff summoned and tammed into the ground.

Warrior: Shout: "Coward"Immobilizes and knockdowns up to 5 enemies arround you

Ranger: Trap: Storm TrapTrap when activating sucking enemies into the center and stunning them with lightnings.

Thief: Trap: Smoke trap: Creating a smoke field that periodically blinds foes.

Mesmer: Mantra:Mantra of Shattering: Channels a mantra that incorporates the power of all mesmer shatters. Reduces the CD of all shatters for a fixed amount depending on the number of illusions active.->Power Shatter: Does dmg, applies confusion and stuns foes arround you. Grants distortion to allies arround you.

Elementalist: Signet:Signet of the arcane:Passive: Gain reduces utility CD everytime you swap attunementsActive: Skills have no CD for 5s

Necromancer: Signet:Signet of summoning:Passive: Gives you higher health pool per killed foe (caps at 10 stacks)Active: Summon a jagged horror per vitality stack.

@Malicious.3716 said:

@Foxraging.1269 said:I like the idea of the Warrior "Coward!" Shout from GW1.Wish Guardian had a new elite skill cause RF is the only real good one. A really good spirit weapon would be cool.

I never played gw1, so I looked it up on the wiki. Please Anet, that's a total warrior skill.

Mained warrior in GW1, I miss him so much lol I loved the skills from that game.

All classes should simply have for all their Skill Types 5 Skills. That would add greatly more build diversity to the game.And all classes need to receive also for all Skill Types some Skills. Can't be that Anet introduces Skill Types and then is too lazy to give also for all Classes to all Skill Types properly Skills to the Types, or can#t give even all Skilsl also a Type that it is even now stil lthe case, that there exist some typeless skills in the game!!

What I'd like to see for Thief as example:

Healing:

Deceptions1) Hide in Shadows = Vanish in Stealth, Heal yourself and cleanses 3 Conditions from you.2) Shadow Clones = Create two Shadow Clones, which heal you with their Attacks and let you regain Endurance, when they get defeated. Works as Stun Breaker.3) Smoke Grenade = Throw a Smoke Grenade, which creates a Smokescreen on Target Location, deals damage and blinds and poisons foes. Heal yourself and gain Heals from leeched Health that is absorbed from the by poison affected foes as logn the poison is on them.4) Shadow Form = Heals yourself, grants you Super Speed and Quickness while it lets you auto evade the next incoming 3 Attacks.5) Dark Avenger = Heal yourself, grants you Protection and Regeneration and converts within the next 10 seconds for each Critical Strike you deal to a foe a Condition over to that Target.

Signets1) Signet of Malice = Passively Heals with each Attack, Actively, Heals you2) Signet of Cruelty = Passively Heals you whenever foes receive Conditions from you, Actively converts all Conditions to your Target foe and heals you a bit stronger for each conditionyou put onto your target this way3) Signet of Pacifism = Passively heals you, whenever you take damage and reduces significantly the Hard CCs on you in their durations. Actively works as Stun Breaker and Heals you, while gainign Stability, Resistance and Protection for some time.4) Signet of Thievery = Passively heals you, whenver you steal something, or use Stolen Skills. Actively heals you and you steal random Boons from your nearby foes.5) Signet of Dexterity = Passively heals you ,whenever you perform a Dodge Roll and reduces Weakness and Blindness Efficiency on you by 20%. Actively heals you and grants you Super Speed and Might for some time when performing Dodges

Venoms1) Skelk Venom = Heals yourself and your next few attacks heal you. Works now also as Stun Breaker.2) Scorpion Venom = Heals yourself and your next few attacks cause Torment and Cripple.3) Firefish Venom = Heals yourself and your next few Attacks cause Burning and remove Boons.4) Jellyfish Venom = Heals you and grants Retribution to you. Your next few Attacks cause Vulnerability and leech Endurance.5) Viper Venom = Heals you and grants Swiftness. Your next few Attacks cause Poison and Slow.

Tricks1) Withdraw = Heal yourself and perform a backwards evade roll, while regaining Initiative now and removing 2 Conditions2) Somersault = Heal yourself, perform a Salto over your enemies while reflecting back projectiles and deal aoe damage at the ground target where you will land. Combo Finisher for Combo Fields.3) Shadow Dash/Grasping Shadows = Heal yourself and perform a Shadow Step to your Target, turns into Grasping Shadows, which lets you and your target to which you shadow stepped return to your position from where you activated Shadow Dash to forcefully change the position of your target foe that way. Stun Breaker4) Dark Net = Heal yourself and throw a Net of Darkness at your foe, which will stun and blind periodically the target enemy as long the foe doesn't destroy it, or use a Stun Breaker Skill to instantly remove it completely.5) Mirror of Shadows = Copy Cats the Healing Skill of your Target Enemy and grants you stealth when you use the copied Healing Skill.

Traps1) Sling Trap = Heal yourself when you set up this Trap. Weakens the foe which runs into it and launches into the air, causing knockdown when landign back to the ground.2) Signet Trap = Heals yourself and deactivates for some time all the Signet Effects for the foe which runs into it and nearby foes.3) Banish Trap = Heals you, and deals damage, which will instatly kill Minions and Summons, if the foe had some active at the moment of running into the trap.4) Dust Trap/Self Activation = Heals you and causes a huge dust cloud, that will stealth you and allies, while blinding and weakening foes inside of it, as logn it is up. Works as Stun Breaker when using Self Activation.5) Screamer Trap = Heals you and makes it temporarely unable for foes in their near to use any Shouts, as long the loud scream of this trap is active and overcovers the shout effects with its nullifying mechanic.

@Orpheal.8263 said:All classes should simply have for all their Skill Types 5 Skills. That would add greatly more build diversity to the game.And all classes need to receive also for all Skill Types some Skills. Can't be that Anet introduces Skill Types and then is too lazy to give also for all Classes to all Skill Types properly Skills to the Types, or can#t give even all Skilsl also a Type that it is even now stil lthe case, that there exist some typeless skills in the game!!

What I'd like to see for Thief as example:

Healing:

Deceptions1) Hide in Shadows = Vanish in Stealth, Heal yourself and cleanses 3 Conditions from you.2) Shadow Clones = Create two Shadow Clones, which heal you with their Attacks and let you regain Endurance, when they get defeated. Works as Stun Breaker.3) Smoke Grenade = Throw a Smoke Grenade, which creates a Smokescreen on Target Location, deals damage and blinds and poisons foes. Heal yourself and gain Heals from leeched Health that is absorbed from the by poison affected foes as logn the poison is on them.4) Shadow Form = Heals yourself, grants you Super Speed and Quickness while it lets you auto evade the next incoming 3 Attacks.5) Dark Avenger = Heal yourself, grants you Protection and Regeneration and converts within the next 10 seconds for each Critical Strike you deal to a foe a Condition over to that Target.

Signets1) Signet of Malice = Passively Heals with each Attack, Actively, Heals you2) Signet of Cruelty = Passively Heals you whenever foes receive Conditions from you, Actively converts all Conditions to your Target foe and heals you a bit stronger for each conditionyou put onto your target this way3) Signet of Pacifism = Passively heals you, whenever you take damage and reduces significantly the Hard CCs on you in their durations. Actively works as Stun Breaker and Heals you, while gainign Stability, Resistance and Protection for some time.4) Signet of Thievery = Passively heals you, whenver you steal something, or use Stolen Skills. Actively heals you and you steal random Boons from your nearby foes.5) Signet of Dexterity = Passively heals you ,whenever you perform a Dodge Roll and reduces Weakness and Blindness Efficiency on you by 20%. Actively heals you and grants you Super Speed and Might for some time when performing Dodges

Venoms1) Skelk Venom = Heals yourself and your next few attacks heal you. Works now also as Stun Breaker.2) Scorpion Venom = Heals yourself and your next few attacks cause Torment and Cripple.3) Firefish Venom = Heals yourself and your next few Attacks cause Burning and remove Boons.4) Jellyfish Venom = Heals you and grants Retribution to you. Your next few Attacks cause Vulnerability and leech Endurance.5) Viper Venom = Heals you and grants Swiftness. Your next few Attacks cause Poison and Slow.

Tricks1) Withdraw = Heal yourself and perform a backwards evade roll, while regaining Initiative now and removing 2 Conditions2) Somersault = Heal yourself, perform a Salto over your enemies while reflecting back projectiles and deal aoe damage at the ground target where you will land. Combo Finisher for Combo Fields.3) Shadow Dash/Grasping Shadows = Heal yourself and perform a Shadow Step to your Target, turns into Grasping Shadows, which lets you and your target to which you shadow stepped return to your position from where you activated Shadow Dash to forcefully change the position of your target foe that way. Stun Breaker4) Dark Net = Heal yourself and throw a Net of Darkness at your foe, which will stun and blind periodically the target enemy as long the foe doesn't destroy it, or use a Stun Breaker Skill to instantly remove it completely.5) Mirror of Shadows = Copy Cats the Healing Skill of your Target Enemy and grants you stealth when you use the copied Healing Skill.

Traps1) Sling Trap = Heal yourself when you set up this Trap. Weakens the foe which runs into it and launches into the air, causing knockdown when landign back to the ground.2) Signet Trap = Heals yourself and deactivates for some time all the Signet Effects for the foe which runs into it and nearby foes.3) Banish Trap = Heals you, and deals damage, which will instatly kill Minions and Summons, if the foe had some active at the moment of running into the trap.4) Dust Trap/Self Activation = Heals you and causes a huge dust cloud, that will stealth you and allies, while blinding and weakening foes inside of it, as logn it is up. Works as Stun Breaker when using Self Activation.5) Screamer Trap = Heals you and makes it temporarely unable for foes in their near to use any Shouts, as long the loud scream of this trap is active and overcovers the shout effects with its nullifying mechanic.

Heal thief...lulz

@Red Haired Savage.5430I don't know, whats so funny here. The proposal I've written down there as an example was made due to me wanting to have juts more build diversity, and how I'd like see more build diversity through increasing for each class and their skill types the amount of skills per skill type from 1 to 5, and made for this as an example, how these 5 skiills per skill type could look on the Thieves Healing Skill Section.

You can't disagree, that this proposal would definetely create more build diversity, if you would be under my example able to choose between 25 possible Healing Skills to use, over the currently only 4 chooseable Healing Skills only that is Hide in Shadows, Signet of Malice, Skelk Venom and Withdraw, whle there exists yet sadly no Healing Trap Skill, which is why I'm also for it, that finalyl all classes should receive fittign to all of their Skill types also skills for that Skill Type under Healing and Elite Skills.

Also think about it, how much more Build Diversity we would have, if you could choose among 25 possible Elite Skills for your Build, instead of having to choose from only 3.Sure, making all those Skilsl wouldbe quite some effort, but its not something, that ANet has to rush, its work, that they can do slowly step by step every few Balancing Patches adding also for all Classes some new Healing and Elite Skills, until the point is reached, where all classes have for all Skill Types 5 viable options to choose from among the Healing and Elite Skills.

I am very cionvinced about it, that the Game woudl only profitate much from it, if it would provide us in this way for all classes more Build Diversity through increasign the amount of useable Healing and Elite Skills to help us define better more our own individual builds. I think its very bad for build divesity to limit the amoutn of ksilsl pr skil ltype on Healing and Elite Skill to just only 1, because this gives you as a player practically the impression of Anet sayign that they want in these two Skill Sections absolutely no diversity at all.

@Orpheal.8263 said:@Red Haired Savage.5430I don't know, whats so funny here. The proposal I've written down there as an example was made due to me wanting to have juts more build diversity, and how I'd like see more build diversity through increasing for each class and their skill types the amount of skills per skill type from 1 to 5, and made for this as an example, how these 5 skiills per skill type could look on the Thieves Healing Skill Section.

You can't disagree, that this proposal would definetely create more build diversity, if you would be under my example able to choose between 25 possible Healing Skills to use, over the currently only 4 chooseable Healing Skills only that is Hide in Shadows, Signet of Malice, Skelk Venom and Withdraw, whle there exists yet sadly no Healing Trap Skill, which is why I'm also for it, that finalyl all classes should receive fittign to all of their Skill types also skills for that Skill Type under Healing and Elite Skills.

Also think about it, how much more Build Diversity we would have, if you could choose among 25 possible Elite Skills for your Build, instead of having to choose from only 3.Sure, making all those Skilsl wouldbe quite some effort, but its not something, that ANet has to rush, its work, that they can do slowly step by step every few Balancing Patches adding also for all Classes some new Healing and Elite Skills, until the point is reached, where all classes have for all Skill Types 5 viable options to choose from among the Healing and Elite Skills.

I am very cionvinced about it, that the Game woudl only profitate much from it, if it would provide us in this way for all classes more Build Diversity through increasign the amount of useable Healing and Elite Skills to help us define better more our own individual builds. I think its very bad for build divesity to limit the amoutn of ksilsl pr skil ltype on Healing and Elite Skill to just only 1, because this gives you as a player practically the impression of Anet sayign that they want in these two Skill Sections absolutely no diversity at all.

Yes but you litterly had every skill healing.

• 1 month later...

Reminder that 7/9 professions are missing 1 healing skill and 2 elite skills. Engineer is missing a whole slot skill family on top of that, and revenant is missing a whole legend to be even with the other professions.

@Shafi.8952 said:Make the racial skills and the mistfire wolf, etc be at least semi-vaiable.

What's the point in having them in the game if no one ever have a reason to use them?

I'd rather see them removed, they're pointless.

Archived