Updated Hall of Monuments

I know everyone has their opinion, but I haven't put mine out for dissection.

The new HoM would be optional, not cost gold, but use achievements to unlock an appropriate location (maybe even attached to the Home Instance) and what you want to show.

Many people don't have Legendary weapons/armor/back items so requiring a space for them would be a waste.Not everyone has a Ranger, so a pet menagerie would do no good.A shelf with mini-characters wearing your favorite armor/weapon skins, clickable so you could change easily without hunting the wardrobe tab.A shelf for actual Minis to be displayed.A location for Mounts to lay about would be nice as well.And Banner wall for Titles.

Nothing in the HoM would replace anything found in the "real world" or a Guild Hall.

Good idea or not, what else would you want to add to your personalized Hall of Monuments?

Since we're getting close to the original HoM on the map I'm all for repurposing it for our current characters in GW2.

Since people may have different things to display, perhaps it would be possible to have a number of categories to display and then per wall area choose what you want to display there.

I would however want to have some things there like at least a vendor and bank access but then there already is a vendor so that's something.

There is already a HoM in GW2 https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Hall_of_Monuments. Anyone can access it but it will have nothing if you did not play GW1. It is useless to GW2 players that did not play GW1 however. I think they shouldn't touch it since they gave exclusives to GW1 players (and I am one that didn't play GW1).

When it comes to stalling out some achievements you got, book collections (this has passed a lot of times on forums), and the likes I would rather opt for Sun's Refuge as everyone has either a portal scroll or Sun's Plea to go there already and you can invite others over in party. But without it being a gem store item. I don't know if its really a viable thing to develop however as not many would visit it I guess.

For a long time, I hoped that the Home Instance would turn out to be the place that the HoM was in the first game. I'm guessing it's not set up for that kind of customisation. The HoM in GW2 has a history with a lot of the players but, beyond a single merchant, it's completely "useless". I really think it could be redesigned/updated to serve the player the same way it did in GW1.The Home Instances and Sun's Refuge are already cluttered enough. HoM could be set up like the Guild Halls, at least when it comes to placing decorations, that is.

You missed a line.

"I would like to see a new Hall of Monuments style display area for my collections and certain achievements."

It's called a "mission statement" or "premise". It ties together the whole argument and its intention clearly.

As to my opinion on the matter: Yes, I would like that too. I think it's a neat idea, and the inclusions you posit are curious, but interesting. The major downside is, there is a limit to what and how much can be displayed in a feature like that, especially if you want it to update dynamically. This means that future releases might not be allowed spacing for new versions, or that a large number of things would be omitted. There are ways around it, naturally, and I know they could fairly easily work something out.

I was disappointed in the GW2 version I got with the hall of monuments. I maxed 4 of them on GW, and nothing was available that was saved. For example I had all of the Torment weapons on display all gone in GW2. I know in the beginning GW2 did not have them, but after they did the weapons should of been accessible to those with maxed halls in GW. That is a small portion of things they could of done.

@Chyanne Waters.8719 said:I was disappointed in the GW2 version I got with the hall of monuments. I maxed 4 of them on GW, and nothing was available that was saved. For example I had all of the Torment weapons on display all gone in GW2. I know in the beginning GW2 did not have them, but after they did the weapons should of been accessible to those with maxed halls in GW. That is a small portion of things they could of done.

I dont agree. You collected those items and got titles, skins, pets and AP.

I mentioned this as well a little while back. I believe Arena Net was compiling metrics with the Suns refuge to see if players wanted this feature again like in Gw1. Hopefully the metrics showed that a lot of people wanted a more expanded feature like in gw1 which was a major long term goal for many players and kept Gw1 fairly active long after it stopped receiving major updates.In addition, if and when they do decide to add a feature like this, it by no means reflects that Gw2 isgoing to end and pass our achievements to its successor as some has stated. It would just be good for the over health of a game to show your progress over the years. I remember people loved to go to each other HoM in Gw1 to see each other progress.

I'd be interested in such a feature building on the most recent development, though I would want a place to display legendary equipment and ranger pets as well as a mount lounge area and a bookshelf and a miniatures display. Perhaps if the display sections only appeared if the player had something that could be placed in them, or if which sections to display could be customized, that would solve the "empty cabinet" problem.

The HoM stone could still give access to the original version of the instance and the features there. I'm assuming we'll be getting a portal scroll for the updated instance when Visions starts.

What if part of the new HoM process was "building" it?Scouting locations (similar to choosing a Guild Hall), securing the area, finding NPCs to construct what you want, gather building materials from across the maps, and hire proper NPCs to maintain the areas you have constructed.

Imagine getting a quest that you go to your Librarian for research; only getting the proper answer if you have the correct book.A place to display Ascended/Legendry armor in whole sets, freeing up one bag space for another.A keeper for pets and one for MountsA gardener for the additional plots of land to sow ascended seedsThose Daily items harvested in the Home instance could be used from either location (for those who don't have/want a new HoM).

@"Taelac.7036" said:I'd be interested in such a feature building on the most recent development, though I would want a place to display legendary equipment and ranger pets as well as a mount lounge area and a bookshelf and a miniatures display. Perhaps if the display sections only appeared if the player had something that could be placed in them, or if which sections to display could be customized, that would solve the "empty cabinet" problem.

The HoM stone could still give access to the original version of the instance and the features there. I'm assuming we'll be getting a portal scroll for the updated instance when Visions starts.

The scrying pool is already there with Aurene, and it already looks usable as is, I don't think there's going to be any change to the HoM for Visions.

@Zaklex.6308 said:

@"Taelac.7036" said:I'd be interested in such a feature building on the most recent development, though I would want a place to display legendary equipment and ranger pets as well as a mount lounge area and a bookshelf and a miniatures display. Perhaps if the display sections only appeared if the player had something that could be placed in them, or if which sections to display could be customized, that would solve the "empty cabinet" problem.

The scrying pool is already there with Aurene, and it already looks usable as is, I don't think there's going to be any change to the HoM for Visions.

That's the updated instance I was referring to, though it was difficult to make that as clear as I'd have liked without giving spoilers.

@Taelac.7036 said:

@Taelac.7036 said:I'd be interested in such a feature building on the most recent development, though I would want a place to display legendary equipment and ranger pets as well as a mount lounge area and a bookshelf and a miniatures display. Perhaps if the display sections only appeared if the player had something that could be placed in them, or if which sections to display could be customized, that would solve the "empty cabinet" problem.

That's the updated instance I was referring to, though it was difficult to make that as clear as I'd have liked without giving spoilers.

Not only does it look useable, if you enter the water Aurene comments on it referring to its powers!