Blocking a player should prevent them from being on your team

EtherProdigy.5726

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@bluri.2653 said:ok give this a moment to sink in, what if i block every player that are worse than me so they can't be in my team. do you think this sounds like a great idea still?

yes, i dont think any one genuinely enjoys playing with people in gold or below when they are in plat or above (unless you actually do enjoy completely lopsided matches and not competitive ones). i'm not sure why all of a sudden the opposite would be true, how many countless times have we heard about how bad it is?

the trade off would be long queue times for people who do this, as there would be a very small pool of players for this person to be grouped with and theyd have to all be online at the same time. again, im not seeing a downside, are you sure you thought that through before you posted?

@EtherProdigy.5726 said:

@bluri.2653 said:ok give this a moment to sink in, what if i block every player that are worse than me so they can't be in my team. do you think this sounds like a great idea still?

yes, i dont think any one genuinely enjoys playing with people in gold or below when they are in plat or above (unless you actually do enjoy completely lopsided matches and not competitive ones). i'm not sure why all of a sudden the opposite would be true, how many countless times have we heard about how bad it is?

the trade off would be long queue times for people who do this, as there would be a very small pool of players for this person to be grouped with and theyd have to all be online at the same time. again, im not seeing a downside, are you sure you thought that through before you posted?

ah yes ill block everyone under legend, ill never get a qpop. cu!

this would be the block wars, instead of blocking ppl there are worse than me Id block all the ppl there are better than me, in fact i wouldn't block only the worst players cuy i know i could carry everygame and rise to the top of leaderboards. Now imagine all those silver blocking me cuz i broke their game.

In a universe of a 2k players ppl would be stuck in q forever in no time

@bluri.2653 said:

ah yes ill block everyone under legend, ill never get a qpop. cu!

whats wrong with that? uve effectively eliminated urself, at no cost to any one else, because of arguably toxic behavior. its a win/win.you OPT IN for something like that.

@Khalisto.5780 said:this would be the block wars, instead of blocking ppl there are worse than me Id block all the ppl there are better than me, in fact i wouldn't block only the worst players cuy i know i could carry everygame and rise to the top of leaderboards. Now imagine all those silver blocking me cuz i broke their game.

In a universe of a 2k players ppl would be stuck in q forever in no time

if you block people better than you, then you would only go against them, or did you not read the title of the thread?if people OPT IN for longer queue times for themselves, whats the problem?

@EtherProdigy.5726 said:

@Tharan.9085 said:There is a reason why no game uses a matchmaker like that

and what would that reason be?as far as i can see, theres no negatives.

Well yes, bc you dont think far enough

still waiting to hear the reason....

It's way to easy to exploit (players banning Bad players permanently from their ranked qs) and would lead to endless q times. Compared to what? Your ego beeing hurt?

@Tharan.9085 said:

It's way to easy to exploit (players banning Bad players permanently from their ranked qs) and would lead to endless q times. Compared to what? Your ego beeing hurt?

whats the exploit? potentially, waiting longer for a game without some one who has a personal vendetta against you who is going to throw your game just because you are in it? doesnt seem like much of an exploit. identifying wintrade/throw accounts and removing them from the pool of players you can be grouped with? doesnt seem like an exploit to me.

why does it sound like you think playing with bad players or players entire divisions below you is SUPPOSED to be the way the game works, especially at higher tiers? its not. take a look at any other game and check the ratings/divisions of the players. not playing with bad or toxic players, doesnt seem like a negative thing in my opinion, ESPECIALLY because the more people i blocked the longer my queue time would get as my own decision, long queue times would be self inflicted, i AGAIN dont see the problem. it is a choice a person could make for themself or not.

@EtherProdigy.5726 said:

What if you block people not because they're toxic but just because they're bad players?They wouldn't be on your team anymore but you could have them as enemy team, giving you (and your team of "pros") an unfair advantage.

@Raizel.1839 said:

What if you block people not because they're toxic but just because they're bad players?They wouldn't be on your team anymore but you could have them as enemy team, giving you (and your team of "pros") an unfair advantage.

i dont see a problem with that. if thats actually an issue, then the matchmaker should be addressed and bad players SHOULD NOT be put in games with good ones.block enough "bad players" and now u get to wait through long queues, the trade off is there, i dont see a problem.

@phokus.8934 said:This is one of those ideas that’s not even thought out. If you can’t honestly see how you can manipulate your matches then I don’t know what to tell you.

then explain it to me instead of just complaining about it.matches are already completely manipulated, you can queue into any one u want at any time, ranked begins at lvl20, syncqing into ur buddies who are duo'd already exists and is done regularly on stream.

@EtherProdigy.5726 said:

@"Tharan.9085" said:There is a reason why no game uses a matchmaker like that

well....

a) This would be an incredibly comfortable tool for wintrades

b) Any one player being able to manipulate the Matchmaker is a bad idea, that

c) could lead to complex chain-reactions since its NOT an exclusive right to just one player.

Lets Just imagine for a second that we establish a culture, where every Legend + Plat player on one region decides to block the r1 player on the leaderboards.The R1 player, doesnt even necessarily have to be an unpleasant person (but his is the internet and everybody is salty literally all the time and no-one can have their ego bruised). So the rank 1 player gets punished cause they essentially will never have any good players in their team. Not because the r1 player blocked them, but because everybody else blocked the rank 1 player.....you know....for memes and luls.

Also it's NOT just the blocklist of 1 player that has to be considered when the matchmaker forms teams. Obviously this "feature" cant be exclusive to just a select few players. If 1 player has somebody on their blocklist but the other 3 members of their to-be team don't, is it really fair to not include the blocked person in question in the Pool?

Like personally I have about ~30 people on my blocklist....and thats not a lot.But if you think of the 5-man-dynamics of such a system....a HUGE number of possible team-building-scenarios for the Matchmaker just dont exist.

tl;dr : not only is such a system abuseable but also would it inhibit the matchmaker from actually making fair games.And as much as it hurts me to say: Your personal feelings should not negatively affect the Matchmaker from making good (or as good as possible) games.Imagine that in 2020.