Firebrands should lose access to renewed focus in PvP

Crab Fear.1624

The tomes are already broke.

You put a class in a game designed to have no healer that heals, boons, and tanks.

What about druid?

Yeah....druid the firebrand.

Anyways, 5 skills per tome because of base pages.

This stuff should not be recharged and used again doubly so outside of natural recharge.

Yes, I and many others hate firebrand.

Well. FB was insane since its release and still is. Recent 2x2 my friend reported that they met in the first round "god of pvp" and "best of the best" playing DUO firebrands. :joy:Tomes could use lower cd but also less pages baseline and from the trait. (3 base/5 traited for an example). Thoughts ?But should they lose Renewed focus? No.

my vote would be changing the tomes so that using 1 of them puts all of them on cd so you get options to use all 3 you just can do all 3 back to back into one another.

I however do not agree with removing renewed focuseven possibly just rebalancing it if need bit so that it only recharges the last tome you used not all 3

There certainly are options anet will need to look at but guardian usually gets off pretty easy with nerfs and most nerfs are usually compensated with something else. This could be a "be careful what you wish for" moment. :p

The problem isn't the number of tome skills. The problem is that specific tome skills are so powerful alone.

-F2 5 is completely absurd, easily the best condi cleanse ability in the game. The heal boost could have been a skill on its own and been viable.-F1 3 is an awesome interupt with no ability to dodge. F4 is good dps, even with no condi damage. F5 is good when it can be shared and can be precast.-F3 4 is 4s of resistance on pulse in an completely absurd radius. At half that radius it would be amazing. 5 is every defensive buff you can think of smashed into one ability for good duration and 600 radius. Come on, how was this supposed to be balanced.

The rest of the abilities? Meh. Most of the time, sitting in tome after using those specific skills is either a dps or healing loss, depending on what you are speced for. As a dps fb, your F2 1 is anemic and heals for like 700. Yeah, its spammable with quickness, but every other class can do more than double that in just auto attacks. F1 burning is good if you are condi, but awful if you are power. throwing stab around is nice with F3 1, but not great with only 1 short duration stack and shortish radius.

Imo, nerf the skills named above. Renewed Focus is fine. The individual skills are too strong and are a big contribution to boon spam.

FB/guard main

Firebrand is receiving hefty nerfs to their tomes. Base heals down. Heal coefficients down. Boon duration down. Mantras heavily nerfed.

Lets see how things play out before we call to gut a class further.

On a side note, I'd rather nerfs be done in such a way that it doesn't dumb down ("streamline"). A class too much. I've already seen one of my favorite MMO's ruined due to excessive pruning and heavy handed nerfs.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@"Fueki.4753" said:
Firebrands
Mirage
should lose access to
renewed focus
Phantasms, Clones and Illusions
in PvP.The
tomes are
Mirage Cloak is
already broken.Yes,
I and
many
others
hate
firebrand
Mirage
.the classic " quickly derail so they dont nerf my main! "It was more of a sarcastic joke reflecting what the topic creator wishes for Firebrand.I don't even play Firebrand (or any other elite specialization) in PvP anymore.

@Poledra Val.1490 said:Yes lets nerf Guardian as a whole to oblivion with the most used and only usefull Elite skill it has, good call. Rolls eyes'

I don't disagree with the sentiment, but Renewed Focus isn't their only good elite. Mantra of liberation is already really good as both a self stun-break, and stability source rolled into a neat package-- with 3 charges and a stunbreak for allies to boot.

With stab and stun-breaks as a whole going down, it'll be even more valuable.

@Kuma.1503 said:

@Poledra Val.1490 said:Yes lets nerf Guardian as a whole to oblivion with the most used and only usefull Elite skill it has, good call. Rolls eyes'

I don't disagree with the sentiment, but Renewed Focus isn't their only good elite. Mantra of liberation is already really good as both a self stun-break, and stability source rolled into a neat package-- with 3 charges and a stunbreak for allies to boot.

I'd rather have Arenanet to put the meaning of elite back into elite skills than preventing their usage with e-specs.

@Kuma.1503 said:

To be honest Mantra of Liberation is rarely used at least in EU in terms of symbol brand and it might be used post patch more but suffice to say its far more useful to have an invun and renewing all tomes/virtues currently.

@"Ziggityzog.7389" said:What is the "trade off" for going firebrand? All I see is 15 new skills and no downside for going with the spec.

Instant cast F skills mainly.

Guard also has a lot more build holes than a lot of other classes before trait lines. You have the lowest base hp of any class, but the meditation heal offsets that a lot. You have a lot of stab problems and pretty poor stun breaks, but Virtues gives stun breaks and stab. The meditation heal makes the two medi stun breaks viable. Without any trait lines, guard is probably the worst class.

The cost of giving up a trait line is a bit more pronounced for guard, but i agree that the class in its current form fills a few too many holes for that tradeoff. Core guard has a LOT more damage than fb, but gives up all the group support. Guard doesn't have the damage of war, and core guard ends up being a mostly worse war.

That being said, if FB is nerfed too far, guard doesn't have another competitive spec atm. Maybe that changes during the patch, but we will see. DH got punted almost instantly after its (not even OP) release. Hammer core guard has been nerfed into oblivion and is getting a HUGE nerf after the next patch. All the other core guard builds might be viable, but there really wasn't anything spared the nerf hammer from their builds. We will see, but i could very easily see them nerfing fb too low and guard not having any presence at all.

@Crab Fear.1624 said:

@bravan.3876 said:Fb shouldn't have f skills (trade off logic and all that stuff ya know). Then they can keep RF. Deal? (already talked to Anet they found that idea pretty good and a fair solution)

What would renewed focus do?

Because if it recharges their tomes....

Sssssssssst don't tell them!

Btw is that the only thing you struggle with from my post? Fb no f skills seems fine to you as trade off?