Home› Game Release Notes
Game Update Notes: February 25, 2020
02/25/2020—February 25 Release Notes
Players can revert recent changes made to their build with the click of a button!
- The button can be found in the upper-right corner of the Build tab in the Hero panel. The button will be enabled when players begin making changes to a Build Template.
- Clicking the revert button will undo all the changes made while the window was open.
A new category of achievements has been added for players taking their first steps in the world of Tyria.
- These achievements are aimed at helping new adventurers discover events and activities they might find interesting.
- The achievements and associated rewards are also available to veteran adventurers. So, if you're a mentor and players are asking for help in starting zones, lend a hand!
Introduced new art and functionality to make it easier to distinguish between downed and defeated characters.
- There will now be a visual difference when players interact with a downed or defeated character to revive them.
- The floating icons and map markers displayed for downed and defeated characters have been updated for visual clarity.
All gathering tools will now collect one additional resource per interaction when gathering from rich resource nodes or after triggering an extra gathering-strike bonus from a consumable booster.
- Fixed a bug that prevented Spirit Strings from dropping when all the listed requirements were met and the Keep Construct was defeated.
Structured Player vs. Player
- The Call of the Mists effect will be active from February 25 to March 3.
- PvP seasonal achievements have been added under the Competitive section of the Achievements tab in the Hero panel. Earn achievement points and other rewards for competing in ranked play during PvP seasons.
- Mini seasons of varying game modes will now run between regular PvP Conquest seasons. The first mini season will run for one month and use the 2v2 Team Deathmatch mode.
- The Warlord's armor set has been added. Warlord's Armor Boxes can be obtained from the PvP league reward track.
World vs. World
- Wall positions have been adjusted on the north side of Stonemist Castle and the south side of Overlook Keep.
- Walls have been adjusted at Mendon's Gap:
- The west side destroyable wall is no longer destroyable.
- A new destroyable wall has been placed on the east side.
BLACK LION TRADING COMPANY GEM STORE
New Items and Promotions
- The new War-Torn Marauder Warclaw Skin is now available in the Style category of the Gem Store for 2,000 gems.
- For a limited time, the Armistice Bastion Pass returns to the Utility category of the Gem Store at a discounted price of 800 gems—a savings of 20%.
- For a limited time, the Kasmeer's Staff Skin returns to the Style category of the Gem Store at a discounted price of 450 gems—a savings of 25%.
- For a limited time, the Kasmeer's Regal Outfit is offered at a discount of 25% off in the Style category of the Gem Store for 525 gems.
Black Lion Chest
The Black Lion Chest has been updated to the War-Torn Chest and can be previewed for a full list of its contents.
- The Battle-Hardened Kit has been added as the guaranteed item for the duration of the War-Torn Chest.
- The new War-Torn Marauder Warclaw Skin is available as an uncommon drop for the duration of this chest.
- The new Kasmeer's Regalia Cape Skin is available as an uncommon drop for the duration of this chest.
- The Whale Spirit Glider returns as an uncommon drop for the duration of this chest.
- The Cavalier and Dreamthistle weapon sets are available as uncommon and rare drops respectively for the duration of this chest.
- Unused versions of the Glyph of the Leatherworker and Glyph of the Tailor are available as rare drops for the duration of this chest.
The items available in exchange for Black Lion Statuettes have been updated. Black Lion Statuettes are redeemable by using the statuette itself or by exchanging them at any of the Black Lion Chest Merchants located in every major city.
- A new selection of full armor set skins has been added, including Zodiac, Phalanx, Viper's, Krytan, Profane, Primeval, Flamekissed, Flamewalker, and more.
- The exclusive Searing Chain Gloves, Desert King Throne, Wild Magic Backpack Glider Combo, and Storm Dagger Skin are currently available.
- The bonus collection has been updated to a selection of back item skins and gathering tools including the Mist Herald Back Item Skin Set, Black Wings Glider Combo, Fused Molten Logging Axe, and more.
Improvements and Updates
- For a limited time, the Dragon Minions, Elementals, Outlaws, Scarlet's Forces, and Shiverpeaks miniatures have been added to the Black Lion Miniature Claim Ticket Vendor. Black Lion Miniature Claim Tickets are dropped from Black Lion Chests.
ArenaNet Communications Team