Observations from EU WvW reset, Friday Feb 21

Adzekul.3104

The game is unplayable. Populations and queues are extreme, due to people preparing for the coming patch.

I am one of many who is number one in queue for my chosen border, and yet the queues are not moving. This is a fake number, of course, but it is affecting many people.

Many people suffering disconnects also.

Skill lag is extreme. Servers will crash at this rate. Take this opportunity to be proactive, before servers get completely overloaded and (potentially) crash due to extreme load.

Respectfully submitted for your consideration.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

It's funny, I was on DBL, all maps queued (yes including DBL) and... zero lag. First time in many weeks. No skill lag, no warping all over the place. Everything went smooth as butter. It wasnt 50v50 zerg fights sure, more like 30v30 but still.

Our usual guild who tags on red bl left for RoS, so that helps a little, besides whatever BB even had, who usually only have one full zerg on reset.

Any higher than that map player population, I've seen some rubberbanding and even skill lag at times.

deso/wsr have both been a number server for ages, by now and with constant income of bandwagonners it wont change anytime soon.not much of a joy being with any of the 2 servers in matchup but hey gotta deal with it sadly EU removed 1 tier so chance u catch one of them is only getting bigger :( no1 wants these servers lol.

WSR has like not a single guild in it just zone blobs even their "roamers" come in a havoc squad the size of bigger guild :Ddeso just zone blobs at any given time of the day.

@"reddie.5861" said:deso/wsr have both been a number server for ages, by now and with constant income of bandwagonners it wont change anytime soon.not much of a joy being with any of the 2 servers in matchup but hey gotta deal with it sadly EU removed 1 tier so chance u catch one of them is only getting bigger :( no1 wants these servers lol.

WSR has like not a single guild in it just zone blobs even their "roamers" come in a havoc squad the size of bigger guild :Ddeso just zone blobs at any given time of the day.

Well underworld linked with fsp had a ton of roamers too, it hasn't changed that much either.

I'm pretty sure last night some group was afking on EB last night with that queue of ours, or the map cap was somehow bugged.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@CrimsonNeonite.1048 said:We can't even get a full squad on Deso/UW at the moment, the majority of the time, even with some of the long queues.

We lost like 4 guilds too, but yeah the lag is bad even on the borders.Everyone weeps for poor Deso.

if we field on prime like 50 people, and gankdara can still outnumber us at homeBL with 80 or more, than yeah, that's quite horrible. ít is not unusual for us to play under numbers, but for days? the whole time? that's just not fun. (played 8-9 hours today, for 3-4 we couldn't even get a 20 people squad, while gandara gigalink defended every closet on our home border with 30 + pugs... oh yeah, and 20 arrow carts on hills)

also, we lost apparently bunch of people, and got bunch of really fresh players, hard to say if those even have any combat experience. it only shows when fights happen, they don't ask, rather run. this may be fine in tier 4, but for tier 1 and against bigger number it is fatal and nearly unplayable.

i feel that the lags are currently better, but let us talk again when the patch drops..at blob (45+) clashes i still get lesser lags, but it's deadly still quite often since i run very low settings (reduced unit model count plus standard enemy models, pretty bad for fighting masses)

@"reddie.5861" u're likely completely wrong. first, we rarely to never field full blobs these days. whatever "zone blobs" means, zergs (25-35) should be normal for t1 servers. WSR often concentrates its numbers... and they have guilds. every server does, just sometimes they're weirdly spread amongst servers. if you mean sole "guild raids", well those are often just hour-based actions, the chances to completely miss them is rather big i'd say.

@kamikharzeeh.8016 said:

@CrimsonNeonite.1048 said:We can't even get a full squad on Deso/UW at the moment, the majority of the time, even with some of the long queues.

We lost like 4 guilds too, but yeah the lag is bad even on the borders.Everyone weeps for poor Deso.

if we field on prime like 50 people, and gankdara can still outnumber us at homeBL with 80 or more, than yeah, that's quite horrible. ít is not unusual for us to play under numbers, but for days? the whole time? that's just not fun. (played 8-9 hours today, for 3-4 we couldn't even get a 20 people squad, while gandara gigalink defended every closet on our home border with 30 + pugs... oh yeah, and 20 arrow carts on hills)

also, we lost apparently bunch of people, and got bunch of really fresh players, hard to say if those even have any combat experience. it only shows when fights happen, they don't ask, rather run. this may be fine in tier 4, but for tier 1 and against bigger number it is fatal and nearly unplayable.
Goes to look at matchups

BB has won 4 out of 48 skirmishes. Gandara has won 9. Who won the other 35 times? Cant possibly be Deso, because its nearly unplayable.