WHAT WAS THAT

MasterDeere.3417

I 1v1 ranger in wvw..... I usually win vs ranger with my ele, its not even a challenge. But that ranger.......He had ALLL the buff full stack PERMA, was turning invisible each time I was getting a little fighting advantage, was removing condition non stop, dammage on him was very very very low, he was impossible to CC or cripple or paralyse and was interrupting me non stop. But also he was doing more dammage than full berserker ranger I fought so many times. So my questions is: What are all others rangers doing, that build should be the only build, it is the most OP build I saw this year BY FAR.

I'm assuming he was running sword warhorn and used smokescale?

He was also probably using guard and dolyak signet if hes as tanky as you say.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?POwEwE2osAmIzj9wQxTZy9VPi0A-z5gfCGdA

He can stealth with lb 3 and by leaping/ blasting the smokefield. Using warhorn 5 and merging with pet grants him a ton of boon uptime via fresh reinforcement trait.

@Happy Yes.1453 said:I encountered a ranger hacker today in wvw, couldnt cc him and he had perma health regeneration on steroids. He was just standing still clicking his skills. I hit him like a dps golem but he was never below 90pct health. Imagine cheating in the most abbandoned mode in a dead game.

That's not hacking, that's just Troll Urguent. The skill name is fitting of its role in the game. :p

Its often stacked with the regenerative Signet, food, the trait that regenerates when having Protection, Regeneration buff, etc. And then they were probably running Dolyak Runes too, and as a result you're looking at like, HPS in the thousands.

Plus Ranger can resist conditions with Protection, unlike most classes. As for CC, Ranger has generous access to Stability.

@Happy Yes.1453 said:I encountered a ranger hacker today in wvw, couldnt cc him and he had perma health regeneration on steroids. He was just standing still clicking his skills. I hit him like a dps golem but he was never below 90pct health. Imagine cheating in the most abbandoned mode in a dead game.

Some people here would say: thats because he was good, need skill to play like a golem.

@MasterDeere.3417 said:I 1v1 ranger in wvw..... I usually win vs ranger with my ele, its not even a challenge. But that ranger.......He had ALLL the buff full stack PERMA, was turning invisible each time I was getting a little fighting advantage, was removing condition non stop, dammage on him was very very very low, he was impossible to CC or cripple or paralyse and was interrupting me non stop. But also he was doing more dammage than full berserker ranger I fought so many times. So my questions is: What are all others rangers doing, that build should be the only build, it is the most OP build I saw this year BY FAR.

So what you are really admitting is that we need to nerf Ele bc you “ usually win vs ranger with my ele, its not even a challenge”. Wins should be more balanced, right?

@"Yasai.3549" said:That's a normal boonbeast yu just fought.

It abuses boons to get advantage over their opponent and just wear them down through superior sustain and damage.It's also so easy to play even a newbie can play it.

This is why they are getting hardcore nerfed next patch.

Everything getting nerfed next patch and that won't stop nerf cries because it will remain easier to blame the game rather than yourself but more than anything it will remains easy to call everything else OP...while "forgetting" how OP is what you play yourself

You are a thief main with even less room to talk than everybody else but again I won't expect you to agree with me, the OP is an ele main using condi sword weaver which I played extensively in WvW with a mix of trailblazer/dire....it's easy to claim "I always win every 1v1 vs rangers"...not too hard against typical bow ranger used to tower sniping.

Sword weaver is neither hard or fair to fight against in wvw and the only reason I was advocating in favor of it was because everything around it was equally broken, the build was used by anet devs to sweep under the rag the real issues with ele class...which will now resurface again once sword weaver get gutted..the OP will now lose even to regular rangers..so any nerf boonbeast may receive will be completely void.

To answer the OP anyway...he must have fought a mix of diviner/cavalier/marauder boonbeast with dolyak/axe/axe and cleansing sigils ....yes that set up can take care of overconfident condi weavers going all ham against a ranger; the build is as OP as condi sword...no real contest here, both can recover from several mistakes and both can let you win fights you should otherwise lose in term of gameplay.

I normally jump on my 8k hours condi weaver to humiliate arrogant condi mirages at their own game...yes condi sword is a cheese build anybody can play effectively just as boonbeast or condi DE...but against a condi mirage I have no shame, that build it's the epitome of lack of skill

@"Arheundel.6451" said:

Everything getting nerfed next patch and that won't stop nerf cries because it will remain easier to blame the game rather than yourself but more than anything it will remains easy to call everything else OP...while "forgetting" how OP is what you play yourself

Everything is op if it directly counters them.

Boon corrupts and Condi seem op to Boonbeasts.

Condi Cleanse and reverse Condi pressure seem op to Mesmers who have very low Condi cleanse.

Ranged Power damage seems op to Scourges.

These are just examples, but the idea here is that build counters exist and they always feel op to the receiving end.

One thing which really is Op is probably Stealth because there is no counterplay against something yu cannot see.

Revealed isn't even a counterplay anymore ever since Deadeye existed.

As to my comment on Boonbeast :

They are extremely overtuned.

Even after the Plasma nerf, they can still press 3 buttons and get perma protection, 25 Might, Vigor, Regen and Stability.

They are indeed getting nerfed because they were doing this too well and too consistently without any skill involved.

It's like Elixir popping Engi except it lasts forever and yu regen several hundred Health per second.