Deflecting shot: Was fun while it lasted

Xervite.5493

@"Yasai.3549" said:Still gonna use it to yeet people off hills outer.

Imo this "nerf" is a buff overall.If yu have no issues with stability or stunbreaking, LB3 can now CC even without Heavy Light, allowing yu to trait Big Game Hunter or Hunter's Fortification instead.

With 0.75 secs cast time and slow projectile speed, hitting something will be like winning the lottery. Ohh, you get no money when you do, since it is zero damage.

@otto.5684 said:

Imo this "nerf" is a buff overall.If yu have no issues with stability or stunbreaking, LB3 can now CC even without Heavy Light, allowing yu to trait Big Game Hunter or Hunter's Fortification instead.

With 0.75 secs cast time and slow projectile speed, hitting something will be like winning the lottery. Ohh, you get no money when you do, since it is zero damage.

Yes its difficult but it can work well if you play tactical. Lead your shots and predict movement.

@Xervite.5493 said:

Yes its difficult but it can work well if you play tactical. Lead your shots and predict movement.

I play DH mostly nowadays, media trapper LB/sword. With 0.25 sec it requires much effort and planning to land DS. Skill if you may say. On live, I think it is under powered. No fucking way it will work with an extra 0.5 sec extra cast time. And zero damage?! This is what happens when devs do fucking mediocre work and make bull shit changes that (according to the update update post) have no clue how will impact the game.

I think I'm going to use Hunter's Fortification first. BGH requires that you don't pull... I can't see myself not wanting to do that, especially with the decrease of stability

@"mrauls.6519" said:

I think I'm going to use Hunter's Fortification first. BGH requires that you don't pull... I can't see myself not wanting to do that, especially with the decrease of stability

I think BGH would still be a choice pick for PvE encounters, and the added base knockdown is just extra Breakbar damage yu normally wouldn't have.

For PvP/WvW, yu may wanna run Hunter's Fortification together with Shelter for nice Condi Cleanse when Blocking, or simply deal more opening damage when yu have no Conditions on yurself, which is pretty easy to accomplish as Medi Trapper.

Also, I think it might have been previously wonky to use Deflecting Shot right after Judge's Intervention, but now with extra cast time, it could be used to combo with Judge's Intervention just by aiming forward in the direction of the target and hitting the teleport for surprise unblockable knockdown.

@Yasai.3549 said:

@"mrauls.6519" said:

I think BGH would still be a choice pick for PvE encounters, and the added base knockdown is just extra Breakbar damage yu normally wouldn't have.

For PvP/WvW, yu may wanna run Hunter's Fortification together with Shelter for nice Condi Cleanse when Blocking, or simply deal more opening damage when yu have no Conditions on yurself, which is pretty easy to accomplish as Medi Trapper.

Also, I think it might have been previously wonky to use Deflecting Shot right after Judge's Intervention, but now with extra cast time, it could be used to combo with Judge's Intervention just by aiming forward in the direction of the target and hitting the teleport for surprise unblockable knockdown.

I highly do not suggest running shelter unless you don't take the trap CD reduction trait. I cant wait to try this patch out!

@"mrauls.6519" said:

I highly do not suggest running shelter unless you don't take the trap CD reduction trait. I cant wait to try this patch out!

Shelter has been pretty good for most part of WvW not gonna lie.Majority of the mindless zerglings do not have unblockable CCs just sitting around to poo poo on Shelter.

It's them roamers yu have to watch out, but even so, Shelter does have its uses every now and then.