Requesting Cantha

Kilo.2539

Dear Anet,

I would like to know who "we the community" can contact at NCSoft to request a return to the Canthan region?

The following excerpt is from the Guild Wars 2 Wiki page about Cantha - https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Cantha"Map artist Josh Foreman has said that a lot of the development team would like to return to Cantha and encourages interested players to ask for a future Canthan region"

@Kilo.2539 said:

@crashburntoo.7431 said:This is likely the content most requested since launch, or possibly before launch.

It's my understanding that ArenaNet are powerless with respect to Cantha and any request for Cantha should be made to NCSoft.

I hadn't heard that, but if that's what it takes, right! I'll sign the petition or send a letter if we can get a contact. Count me in.

@ProverbsofHell.2307 said:Wasn't there something like they can't add Cantha now due to cultural sensitivity issues?

It's my understanding that this was the case. Either way, if Anet could provide a PoC at NCSoft so "we the community" can voice our interest I'd be much appreciative.

@Jukens.1693 said:As i understood it, Cantha was cultural mix of East Asian countries, players took offence of this and thats were the problem rose? Since Anet has servers in China, Cantha should only be inspired by Chinese culture in Gw2, that would be a way to bring it back.

I agree, that's what I've been saying for a while.

@Jukens.1693 said:As i understood it, Cantha was cultural mix of East Asian countries, players took offence of this and thats were the problem rose? Since Anet has servers in China, Cantha should only be inspired by Chinese culture in Gw2, that would be a way to bring it back.

For Elona they took inspiration from multiple countries and nobody whined about black culture in a game unrelated to real life offending them by being mixed or whatever, point is if what they said about cantha remained true a similar situation would have happened

• 1 year later...

@Kilo.2539 said:

@crashburntoo.7431 said:This is likely the content most requested since launch, or possibly before launch.

It's my understanding that ArenaNet are powerless with respect to Cantha and any request for Cantha should be made to NCSoft.

This is just a community myth that has no evidence and makes no sense. The game already has a lot of art, assets, characters and lore about Cantha, the Gw1 Cantha is still live without any issues and NCsoft was still the owner back then as now. Foreman means request it from Anet.

Archived