Bear Warclaw Skin

Randulf.7614

WoW kinda spoiled War bears for me tbh, but this looks like a cool skin. Would prefer to see it in motion though, and how it looks using the existing rig.

So the question is, why the BL logo at the end? Is this a 2000 gem premium Warclaw mount skin, or the one they promised would be earned via reward track? The gif doesn't show anything about guild logos. Is ANET releasing two different Warclaw mount skins at the same time?

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:WoW kinda spoiled War bears for me tbh, but this looks like a cool skin. Would prefer to see it in motion though, and how it looks using the existing rig.

So the question is, why the BL logo at the end? Is this a 2000 gem premium Warclaw mount skin, or the one they promised would be earned via reward track? The gif doesn't show anything about guild logos. Is ANET releasing two different Warclaw mount skins at the same time?

This looks like the 2000 gem one. The wvw track one is a guild warclaw with your emblem on it as you say, so I presume 2 diff skins

@Randulf.7614 said:

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:WoW kinda spoiled War bears for me tbh, but this looks like a cool skin. Would prefer to see it in motion though, and how it looks using the existing rig.

This looks like the 2000 gem one. The wvw track one is a guild warclaw with your emblem on it as you say, so I presume 2 diff skins

So unless ANET is releasing two unique Warclaw skins at the same time, that would suggest the naysayers will be correct, and the 'earnable' mount will just be a reskin of the stock warclaw + emblem? Guess we'll see tomorrow.

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

So unless ANET is releasing two unique Warclaw skins at the same time, that would suggest the naysayers will be correct, and the 'earnable' mount will just be a reskin of the stock warclaw + emblem? Guess we'll see tomorrow.

They did say something about "leopard" so it could be a reskin of that normal looking cat one with the emblem

@Randulf.7614 said:

They did say something about "leopard" so it could be a reskin of that normal looking cat one with the emblem

Yup, I thought of the outrider skin as well (https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Outrider_Warclaw_Skin) when they said that, but I was hoping for more than just a re-skin. At the very least it better have 4 dye channels.

Looks more like a Warg to me, but hey: It's a nice addition for fans of The Golden Compass.

Still, can't help but wonder why they keep inventing new creatures as mounts without first providing mounted versions of things that already exist and are wanted, like the fern/thorn wolves, Moa, and other core Tyrian critters. Gimme the basic beasties.

@AgentMoore.9453 said:Looks more like a Warg to me, but hey: It's a nice addition for fans of The Golden Compass.

Still, can't help but wonder why they keep inventing new creatures as mounts without first providing mounted versions of things that already exist and are wanted, like the fern/thorn wolves, Moa, and other core Tyrian critters. Gimme the basic beasties.

Maybe they’re holding those ideas for when they start to run out of these more inventive options

@videoboy.4162 said:It seems like a bad time to advertise an awesome gem store mount, when they're finally releasing a new mount skin awarded in-game. Odds are the Gem Store one is going to look far superior to the first earnable one.

Probably but I’ve wanted that base cheetah skin for awhile now and didn’t want to buy the pack. It is kind of bad timing, but I’m still excited about unlocking the cheetah, even if it’s just the same one with a guild emblem.

I also like the fact that they’ve listened to players and added an in game obtainable skin. I think it sets a new precedent and opens up the possibility that they could eventually provide these as rewards elsewhere.

I think it is pretty bad timing in the sense that the great decision they made to do this will be met with disdain. They probably could have waited a bit to do this promo.

Anyway, here’s to hoping there are more to come. Maybe a neat sky scale skin in the future. Or a charr car version of the roller beetle or something. Doubtful, but at least they’ve shown it’s a possibility.

@Blur.3465 said:

@videoboy.4162 said:Anyway, here’s to hoping there are more to come. Maybe a neat sky scale skin in the future. Or a charr car version of the roller beetle or something. Doubtful, but at least they’ve shown it’s a possibility.

This, THIS! I so want a roller beetle charr car skin! Gimme gimme!

It does seem like easy money for them to make one I agree

@Danikat.8537 said:Am I the only one who thinks this looks more like a hyena than a bear?

It wouldn't be the first time Anet had mislabelled an animal - their 'armadillo' mount is clearly a pangolin.

It's a bear in my eyes. Far too bulky for a hyena and the roar is very bear like in animation.

edit: Certain angles with the ears spiked up I can see what you mean, esp with that jawline. It's still a bear, just not a grizzly bear

For anyone wondering, it is a 2000 gem skin