Renegade Power - Sword/Sword

Sarnax.8357

It is a "thing," yes. However, it's plays fundamentally the same as a Sword/Sword Revenant switching between Shiro and Jalis, and minimal interactions with the Citadel Order abilities. You could replace either Legend with Kalla for a little more utility. This was roughly the build I used while testing out Power Renegade.

It's in a strange place where both offhand sword skills hits pretty hard but it's pretty much outclassed by axe due to the strong area cc and gap closer. Axe 4 hits almost as hard as sword 5 but Axe 4 gives you cleave and the much needed gap closer. Sword 5 can combo nicely into staff 5 while proccing hydro/equilibrium but it's hard to hit and requires the energy investment. In PvE, you can Sword 3 into sword 5 if you don't move your camera. It has a good chance of hitting and you can follow up with the above staff 5 hydro proc(though you probably won't have enough energy for equilibrium).

It can be pretty clunky as it can port you when you don't want it to. For example, a champ's breakbar comes up, you hit sword 5, do some nice breakbar damage but you get ported 600 range away. Now you gotta run back into the fight because the champ doesn't get ported with you(as it should). IMO, Sword 5 should just do damage, maybe something extra for flavor(more damage maybe), if your target has stability/can't be moved.

The block is good but it's on a short duration so it's a matter of preference whether you think it's worth it over axe 5's area CC.

Sword/Sword renegade is basically worse than Sword/Sword Herald in most ways. While I can get 26k (no food) out of herald, I can only get 23k out of renegade. From there, the traits and legend don't help much, and the f-skills don't help much either. Maybe there's some way to take advantage of it in PVP, but for PVE purposes if you want a power build, Herald is the way to go.

Archived