Welcome to condi bunker meta!

@Ben K.6238 said:

@geist.4126 said:Condi cleanse is still way too strong on many classes.

Probably is, but condis need to be rationalised at the same time. The only reason people take so much condi cleanse in WvW is because you need it.

Nah it's because of low investment. If there was a sigil that basically counters all but two or three powerbuilds everybody would run it. You can save your time learning a lot of skill animations and effects this way.

@Yasai.3549 said:

@Dawdler.8521 said:Roamed for 1.5h on a crowded border... did not meet any noticable condi bunkers, only power builds. Zero mirages. Even very few thieves.

I'm on NA here, met like 5 Condi Revenants, 2 Condi Firebrands, bunch of Scourges, 5 Condi Deadeyes.

Only Power builds I met are 10 Warriors.

That pretty much describes it. Also, huge uptick in burn guards (DH and Core), since none of their burning was even touched.

@schloumou.3982 said:

Probably is, but condis need to be rationalised at the same time. The only reason people take so much condi cleanse in WvW is because you need it.

Nah it's because of low investment. If there was a sigil that basically counters all but two or three powerbuilds everybody would run it. You can save your time learning a lot of skill animations and effects this way.

Sigils are a start, but you need to invest more than that if you want to survive condi builds (and particularly if you want to faceroll them). A couple clears every 5 seconds doesn't suffice these days.

@Ben K.6238 said:

Sigils are a start, but you need to invest more than that if you want to survive condi builds (and particularly if you want to faceroll them). A couple clears every 5 seconds doesn't suffice these days.

Anti Toxin Runes, -20% condi duration food, cleansing on swap, and at least one skill that removes condis, preferably 2.

@Dawdler.8521 said:Roamed for 1.5h on a crowded border... did not meet any noticable condi bunkers, only power builds. Zero mirages. Even very few thieves.

I found a tanky condi ele or something. Fought it on condi firebrand and neither of us dropped below 90% lol. Some randoms came and insta died though. Honestly, I have no idea what people run, but it certainly isn't condi clear.

I have no other instances to report because blobs everywhere since update.

@Ben K.6238 said:

Well you're not supposed to be able to survive indefinitely, you're supposed to survive long enough to kill them. Sigil of cleansing is often enough for that and is fairly absurd in it's power

Condi dmg shouldn't just be ignorable with 1-2 sigils and a skill or two. If you really want to you can faceroll condi builds with stuff like cleansing+antitoxin, a few condi clear skills etc, which you notably can't against power

Just like toughness and protection doesn't make you immune to power dmg.

Also resistance should be reworked

What I experienced up to now is that dire and trailblazer condi builds are extremely hard to actually kill if you don't run at least marauder gear with some offensive traits but are at the same time no threat at all as they just can't do significant damage.

That's pretty much what I expected before the patch. Either swap your gear template to your marauder preset or just ignore the encounter and move away.

Btw.: Bunker Core Ranger is two classes above Bunker Core Necro in terms of durability and adds decent mobility on top.

I wouldn't say it's a condi bunker meta just yet. I haven't had a lot of time to play due to work right now but I'll have more on the weekend. In my few hours of roaming I did encounter a lot of burn guards, but it was a healthy mix of power/condi engagements - found most of the condi players I fought to be burn guards, condi revenants, scourge, or condi mesmers. With the lowered damage I swapped from marauder to zerker and upped my condi removal and have done fine against all the above. The hardest of that I found to be one condi rev, very high pressure and the sustain was incredible too. I'd imagine it was some sort of mix of condition/toughness/healing power with just enough boon duration/expertise.