Next Round of Elites

I know it's a little too soon to be thinking about "What's next?"

But I think there is a lot of support for an homage to GW1: /Paragon, /Dervish, /Ritualist, /Assassin, /MM, ...Matching each elite with a primary is a matter of opinion. Some fit very well; Thief/Assassin or Necro/MM. Others could fit into a couple primaries Revenant/ or Mesmer/ or Necro/Ritualist (each deals with powers from "beyond" in their own way) Guardian/ or Revenant/Dervish (wading into battle with the a holy edge fits both).

I know each profession is trying to unlock new weapon classes. Dervishes are the only one that people may say would open a brand new class, but a dervish shouldn't be limited to just a scythe. Any edged weapon would be acceptable to cut/bleed foes.

I am hoping for Paragon, Dervish, Ritualist and Assassin to make it on our 3rd Expansion!

Elite Specs:

• Guardian: Paragon. Spear/Javalin/Trident
  • Revenant: Ritualist. Scepter/Focus
  • Thief: Assassin. ....
  • Warrior: Dervish. Scythe

(Just a suggestion xD)

Land-Spear/Longspear/Javalin/land-Trident, please, please, pleaaasee! :smile:Also Polearms!

And I was really wow-ed when I saw Longbow for Mesmer in Siren's Landing! Illusions and clones were using Longbow and their skills looked really cool! So I hope Mesmer will get longbow in our 3rd expansion.

Edit: I hope also the remaining GW Utopia cancelled professions will make it to the Elite Specs!We already have the Chronomancer.Let's the Summoner will make it too!

Call me negative if you will but i hope they stop the current trends when it comes to elite specs

1) Fixing core class design flaws2) Shoring up the innate weapon balance issues (Engi has the most room for more new weapons, Warriors only have room for 5 more specs total)3) Fix the very real issue of giving Specializations to the jack-of-all classes that are always weaker than other elites, but become overpowered due to enhancing the generalist nature of those classes

If/When they can solve those problems which are pretty high level design issue then i might be excited to see what's next. However, there's been no evidence that any of these are being remotely thought about by the eSpec team.

Archived