About this patch

Look for those saying they ruined PvE, they did not ruin PvE yes they removed some stability from certain skills but that does not ruin a game mode, they did not do any damage nerfs for PvE, they only did damage nerfs for Spvp and WvW, in fact they buffed some PvE skills by reducing cooldowns and or buffing some damage and durations. Read the notes fully once instead of misunderstanding the entire patch.

@"Phobos.8467" said:DMG no, but play PVE, patch notes or not, PVE now for me is completely ruined

So you keep saying, but I notice very little difference. Some numbers got a bit changed. How has the entirety of pve been completely killed off by a small adjustment of numbers? I would like to see some robust details to explain how pve was "ruined"

There were a lot of nerfs to CC and stability. And I didn't notice any corresponding tweaks to PvE mobs/Bosses to compensate. So I think it's reasonable for PvE players to think that this is a bad thing. If ANet wanted to make three separate game modes, they should have thought about what it would be like to support three separate game modes. And if you get into sub-modes like raids, it becomes even worse. Why should one game mode or sub-mode have to suffer for what needs to be changed in any of the others?

@Elden Arnaas.4870 said:And I didn't notice any corresponding tweaks to PvE mobs/Bosses to compensate.

This is the most concerning. Slower CC means having to predict ahead of time to score interrupts, instead of twitch reflexes. Slower CC means less time to bust defiance bars.And I'll bet enemy CC hasn't slowed down one iota. Nor their cooldowns increased.

I haven't really noticed any difference in CC. I've been fighting Veteran Stoneheads in Draconis Mons today, after the update, and I'm still able to break their bars as quickly as before. Admittedly I haven't tried anything else, except rolling devils and I don't think they're much use here since any single CC skill will break their bars.

@Rauderi.8706 said:

@Elden Arnaas.4870 said:And I didn't notice any corresponding tweaks to PvE mobs/Bosses to compensate.

This is the most concerning. Slower CC means having to predict ahead of time to score interrupts, instead of twitch reflexes. Slower CC means less time to bust defiance bars.And I'll bet enemy CC hasn't slowed down one iota. Nor their cooldowns increased.

I guess I would ask are you using hard or soft CCs.

@Rauderi.8706 said:

This is the most concerning. Slower CC means having to predict ahead of time to score interrupts, instead of twitch reflexes. Slower CC means less time to bust defiance bars.And I'll bet enemy CC hasn't slowed down one iota. Nor their cool downs increased.

Sine when did you have to worry about PvE mob CC in this game?

re: Sine when did you have to worry about PvE mob CC in this game? - There are a significant number of CC wielding mobs in the expansions & living story. The White Mantle typically have decent CC. And even in Core - Some of the mobs in Orr(even the early parts) have CC. To me the obvious solution is to mount up and just skip more stuff.(where you can) But there will obviously be places where you can't just mount up and wade through.

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@Zaklex.6308 said:Sine when did you have to worry about PvE mob CC in this game?There's quite a thread about shatterer's breakbar on the front page. Just saying.

First, I think he was referring to getting cced by mobs.

Second, the shatterer cc bar is meant to get broken with the weapons provided during the event. The pylons do not require a lot of cc, but proper split of the entire group, which simply does not happen with random PUG groups because everyone is stacked at the boss an runs to the closest pylon first.

Third, let's not pretend that the shatterer cc bar was not an issue before this patch.

@Cyninja.2954 said:

@"Zaklex.6308" said:Sine when did you have to worry about PvE mob CC in this game?There's quite a thread about shatterer's breakbar on the front page. Just saying.

First, I think he was referring to getting cced by mobs.

Second, the shatterer cc bar is meant to get broken with the weapons provided during the event. The pylons do not require a lot of cc, but proper split of the entire group, which simply does not happen with random PUG groups because everyone is stacked at the boss an runs to the closest pylon first.

Third, let's not pretend that the shatterer cc bar was not an issue before this patch.I did mention shatterer specifically because i finished reading that thread just before i made that post, but I could have also brought up VB Matriarch, or Serpent's ire, for example, or just answered with "since Anet started introducing breakbar mechanics to open world bosses"

But if he was referring to getting cc'ed by mobs, then my answer is "since core, and original Orr mobs". There's quite a number of mobs with cc in the game, that, even if not really threatening to a capable player, can still be downright annoying. And that's even without considering that standarts of players in open world are not quite the same as for instanced content, for example.

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@"Zaklex.6308" said:Sine when did you have to worry about PvE mob CC in this game?There's quite a thread about Shatterer's break bar on the front page. Just saying.

First, I think he was referring to getting cc'ed by mobs.

Second, the Shatterer cc bar is meant to get broken with the weapons provided during the event. The pylons do not require a lot of cc, but proper split of the entire group, which simply does not happen with random PUG groups because everyone is stacked at the boss an runs to the closest pylon first.

Third, let's not pretend that the Shatterer cc bar was not an issue before this patch.I did mention Shatterer specifically because i finished reading that thread just before i made that post, but I could have also brought up VB Matriarch, or Serpent's ire, for example, or just answered with "since Anet started introducing break bar mechanics to open world bosses"

But if he was referring to getting cc'ed by mobs, then my answer is "since core, and original Orr mobs". There's quite a number of mobs with cc in the game, that, even if not really threatening to a capable player, can still be downright annoying. And that's even without considering that standarts of players in open world are not quite the same as for instanced content, for example.

Annoying, maybe, but then again if they're dead before they even have a chance to use their CC on you or you're on a mount it doesn't matter...now if Orr was still as dense today as it was at release, then we might have a problem(remember they cut the number of enemies in Orr by three fold after people said it was too difficult, which I disagreed with and I'm an average/casual player at best, just like I enjoyed the density and difficulty of mobs in HoT at release).

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@Zaklex.6308 said:Sine when did you have to worry about PvE mob CC in this game?There's quite a thread about shatterer's breakbar on the front page. Just saying.

Puggles were not breaking the bar before the patch, and now they are not breaking the bar, you think its because of the balance patch? There still is not a cc tutorial, and the playerbase is really bad at playing the game.There was someone reporting on reddit about how many players including those 300+ mastery point were failing the dodge tutorial in the starter zones. Lets just face it, the general playerbase is just awful at the game, and no balance patch is going to fix that.

A lot of mobs use CC, even in Core. There are Oakhearts in starter areas, Krait and Skelk in low to moderate level areas, Risen in higher level areas, etc... in the case of a single mob, this is what I call "nuisance CC" - the mob has no chance to kill your character, it just halts your movement for a time. But when you're in aggro range of several CC using mobs, it becomes an issue. Yes, you can mount up if you have PoF and have at least one mount unlocked. But sometimes mounting up is not a good or an available solution.

In short, you can make nerfs like this in PvP and WvW without the same ramifications, because the nerf is for both sides equally.(all participants are players, all got the exact same nerf) In PvE the nerf is to all players, but mobs and environmental effects will need to be adjusted to compensate. Unless the one-sided adjustment is intentional, to correct what ANet considers an already existing imbalance.(in PvE)

@Phobos.8467 said:DMG no, but play PVE, patch notes or not, PVE now for me is completely ruined

I don’t really play PvE anymore, I mainly focus my time in WvW, but I wanted to say there are a lot of WvWers and PvPers that feel the same way you do.

You aren’t alone with feeling the patch has pretty much ruined the game.

Condi Bunker (which is now meta) in WvW and PvP is not fun, never has been, never will be.

You know they messed up when combat is in the state that conditions can burst quicker and easier than power damage. DoTs (damage over time) does faster burst than power....

@Phobos.8467 said:DMG no, but play PVE, patch notes or not, PVE now for me is completely ruined

Well for me the patch ruined PvE too. Im not sure why Phobos said they feel this way, but I can explain why I feel this way.

I feel like PvE is ruined for me because PvP/WvW for Mirage was ruined and with the 1 dodge even if I get used to it in pvp/wvw it will play totally differently in pve with two dodges. So now my main character with about 5k hours and legendary armor that I usually use in all 3 game modes has been basically made invalid as a choice. That has me upset it also makes it feel like its not worth the investment to develop the same familiarity with say Ele or Necro at this point because I dont have faith the same thing wont happen to them. Basically, in the end it feels pretty unrewarding to have bothered to make legendary armor, or improve my play or learn to play in more modes.

For me PvE has always felt pretty stale and scripted also often unrewarding, but it passed the time. The PvP/WvW is more fun because its less scripted, at least to me, however it some times it requires more focus or work when Im feeling lazy or tired. Those are the times I mostly liked to PvE, but now I wont do much pve either. I just wont much now. So it seems fair to say PvE was ruined from that angle.