Doylak and Bear stance

anduriell.6280

Doylak is useless in PVP. In WvW is fine because didn't got the increased CD, however the only stance used in PvP with the full minute cooldown became totally useless in that gamemode. Also Ranger has less access to stun breaks after the balance which makesmthe soulbeast unplayable against all the CC in game.

I propose the following:

• Remove the damage reduction from doylak stance and take the CD down to 45s in all gamemodes.
  • Add the damage reduction to the Bear Stance so that skill is more attractive as it has very low base healing. Leave the rest as it is.

What do you think?

@Sandzibar.5134 said:

@Eurantien.4632 said:I'd argue bear stance is the best heal we have... but what do I know?

Would you like to know more?

Yes
No

Since every heal was nerfed to 30s cds (besides water spirit) the amount they heal for doesn't really matter as much as it used to. What I think matters more is what the skill offers. Personally, I find bear stances ability to basically make me immune to condis for 6s (I trait it, to share the small duration) to be much more useful than a couple thousand more HP (and of people are throwing condis at me, I'm getting healed for more).

With bear stance, you can pop it and get aggressive because you dont have to worry about condis. Healing spring doesn't cleanse fast enough. We heal as one doesn't offer cleanse. And troll unguent only cures condis on you at the time of the cast.

It just offers a lot of utility other heals dont.

@Eurantien.4632 said:

@Eurantien.4632 said:I'd argue bear stance is the best heal we have... but what do I know?

Yes
No

Since every heal was nerfed to 30s cds (besides water spirit) the amount they heal for doesn't really matter as much as it used to. What I think matters more is what the skill offers. Personally, I find bear stances ability to basically make me immune to condis for 6s (I trait it, to share the small duration) to be much more useful than a couple thousand more HP (and of people are throwing condis at me, I'm getting healed for more).

With bear stance, you can pop it and get aggressive because you dont have to worry about condis. Healing spring doesn't cleanse fast enough. We heal as one doesn't offer cleanse. And troll unguent only cures condis on you at the time of the cast.

Well the rest of the Heals have a 6 seconds smaller CD when traited: 24s to be exact.TU is still the best cleanse + heal in game for Ranger.WHaO is not good enough now although is the highest heal + boon duplication.

Bear stance is 30s CD, low heal and the benefit is offers is to consume conditions. If you don't use WS it is mandatory but otherwise TU is still better. At least in my opinion. But everyone to their own tastes and devices.

I was wondering the if the 30s CD in wvw was intended or not. The patch notes just say "Dolyak Stance: Increased cooldown from 40 seconds to 60 seconds.". They don't mention that it would be only for spvp. They also say "All splits are for both PvP and WvW (and not PvE) unless noted otherwise."

@anduriell.6280 said:

Yes
No

Well the rest of the Heals have a 6 seconds smaller CD when traited: 24s to be exact.TU is still the best cleanse + heal in game for Ranger.WHaO is not good enough now although is the highest heal + boon duplication.

Bear stance is 30s CD, low heal and the benefit is offers is to consume conditions. If you don't use WS it is mandatory but otherwise TU is still better. At least in my opinion. But everyone to their own tastes and devices.

Maybe it’s time for leader of the pack to apply a 20% cooldown reduction on top of what it already does?

Edit - instead of providing ally share, just have a 20% cooldown reduction since stance sharing isn’t a thing...