(Updraft) Is This Intended?

BigEvs.6971

Updraft seems to have changed. The evade now occurs as it did before but the knockback effect seems to happen on a delay? It's really weird and difficult to tell whether I'll actually CC anyone. I've seen people walk out of my updrafts.

It's like a worse version of Revenant Surge of the Mists now.

Edit:I am aware that this is intended. It's very unfortunate as offhand dagger now still manages to lag behind focus despite it getting a noticeable nerf/change as well.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually don't care about Updraft being modified in PvP, for I don't play PvP.But first of all, this was NOT announced in the patch notes, so BAD MOVE here Anet.And, seriously, WHY put that in PVE ?? It just ruins the gameplay rythm, allwhile being stupidly animated and useless. I mean why put a delay, when absolutely NO ennemy in the game can dodge it anyway ?!Completly stupid.

May be it was intended, but here it's too slow. You can litteraly look the end of the animation, and dodge in your turn to avoid cc.It doesn't help to "burst" because now I have to wait a full second to be sure it works.Slow the animation and reduce a bit the delay; but in the current state it's really awkward and confusing.

@"Zhaid Zhem.6508" said:May be it was intended, but here it's too slow. You can litteraly look the end of the animation, and dodge in your turn to avoid cc.It doesn't help to "burst" because now I have to wait a full second to be sure it works.Slow the animation and reduce a bit the delay; but in the current state it's really awkward and confusing.

Exactly... alsways unsure if i hit something... can i follow up with burst or not? Idk... got other ccs changed in the same way?

I could definitely see it being intended, but it's absolutely terrible regardless. Far too easy to miss; I've literally had sentries in WvW avoid the CC just because they happened to be moving away from me on cast. And no skill should ever be designed in such a way that you have to sit there and wait, uncertain whether or not it actually worked, before being able to decide if you can follow up.

@steki.1478 said:If enemies can see the aoe radius then it's intended. Revenant also has a big delay on staff 5 (which is also cc+evade) so those cant be coincidences.

There are big differences.The CD (20 vs 40s). The damage (dmg vs zero dmg). The aera/range (Hmpff i don't remember). The delay (0.5sec cast vs 1 second) I'm okai you can interrupt the #5 staff as well as dodge it; but this is revenant issue.Here the skill is clumsy, you see the end of animation before the effect occurs, it means a full second. If at least they have reworked the animation or shortened the delay so the effect* triggers during the animation ... but no. You cast your skill and you watch your foe confusingly awaiting for the cc.

@Zhaid Zhem.6508 said:

@"steki.1478" said:If enemies can see the aoe radius then it's intended. Revenant also has a big delay on staff 5 (which is also cc+evade) so those cant be coincidences.

There are big differences.The CD (20 vs 40s). The damage (dmg vs zero dmg). The aera/range (Hmpff i don't remember). The delay (0.5sec cast vs 1 second) I'm okai you can interrupt the #5 staff as well as dodge it; but this is revenant issue.Here the skill is clumsy, you see the end of animation before the effect occurs, it means a full second. If at least they have reworked the animation or shortened the delay so the effect* triggers during the animation ... but no. You cast your skill and you watch your foe confusingly awaiting for the cc.

Because this is the forum and I am not a very fun person I feel compelled to say this.

Rev staff 5 no longer does "any" amount of damage, extremely few if any hard CC skills do. It only does dmg in the sense that it counts as a strike, the actual dmg is very close to 0.

It's also arguably clumsier than updraft.

Unrelated to this, updraft could probably have a shorter delay like 0.25-0.5 only (I was fine with 0 delay but it apparently doesn't fit with the new design philosophy for CC skills)