how do I move game to new computer

Anja.6210

Just copy the Gw2.exe and Gw2.dat files to a folder on your new computer. Then double click the GW2.exe The launcher will start and it will download some little missing things, but the majority of the game is that Gw2.dat file so it won't download much at all. GW2 is probably the easiest game to move across drives and computers!

What I did was connect both computers through a modem. You have to make sure they can see each other and communicate. Went to my computer with the game on it created a new folder and put the game files inside that folder. Then I shared that folder so it could be seen by the other computer.

I think you right click it and share or click properties and share is somewhere in there. Then go to new computer go to networking click on your old computer open shared files and download them from there

Just copy the files to a USB stick and move them to the new PC. There's no need to reinstall or anything, just make a shortcut on the desktop for where ever you put the launcher. When you run it, it'll probably download a new launcher and that's it, you're done. I do it all the time since I have 3 PCs with GW2 installed. I'll often download big updates on my laptop at work where we have fast Internet, then just copy them and bring them home when my Internet sucks the bag.

• 2 months later...

Archived