ENGINEER BUG LIST

Chaith.8256

• The well-reported Utility Goggle - Gadgeteer traited version is not applying Resistance properly still.
  • Feb 25th, Throw Mine - Gadgeteer traited version is not updated to the new Throw Mine changes. (Still does damage, and presumably removes 1 boon). Tooltip bugged for the 'detonation', even when untraited.
  • Compounding Chemicals is applying no boon duration in PvP at least.

Feel free to add obvious and hotfix worthy bugs

• According to patch notes Big Boomer is to "heal the engineer for 3 seconds at 202 health per second". The tooltip in game reads Big Boomer (3s): 308 Heal and it's healing for 103-104 per tick.

UPDATE - seems there's an unlisted WvW-PvP/PvE split.

Don't see why competitive can't have the full 202/s.

I am testing new explosives trait line with crystal configuration storm for explosion triggering and I am noticing a lot of missed attacks at melee in WvW. Just surrounded by enemies and spamming holo1 with no damage. Arcdps shows massive dps drops. When I change to crystal configuration eclipse damage recover normal levels and no misses. Have you guys experienced with CCstorm in WvW?

I have been doing more testing with ccstorm and I know what happens. As you trait ccstorm the holo1 skill acts as a projectile and tries to face your target when you use it. When you dont have the trait equipped, you will hit enemies in front of you even if you target moves at your back, just as a normal melee weapon. With cctorm traited and a target at your back you will not swing the sword in front of you and, if it tries, you will automatically turn 180º to go for your target. Also, with ccstorm you need to be facing your target and as soon as moves laterally you will start losing damage against other targets that may still be in front of you, losing the nice aoe effect of the holo1 skill.

I dont think this is a bug, but I may suggest the ccstorm trait to make the holo1 skill behave as a melee weapon which launches heat projectiles forward without the need of any target.

• 3 weeks later...

@Chaith.8256 said:

@"Perceptor.7189" said:Rocket turret attacks does not activate explosive temper and big boomer traits

Intended because it's not inheriting any stats/traits from you :anguished:

It's not intended. Rocket turret it's listed as "explotion" and the basics attack activate Steel-Packed Pownder and Shrapnel, therefore, Explosive Temper and Big Boomer should also work with the turret.

@Perceptor.7189 said:

@Perceptor.7189 said:Rocket turret attacks does not activate explosive temper and big boomer traits

It's not intended. Rocket turret it's listed as "explotion" and the basics attack activate Steel-Packed Pownder and Shrapnel, therefore, Explosive Temper and Big Boomer should also work with the turret.

Oh yeah? Then it's a bug then for certain

@Perceptor.7189 said:

@Perceptor.7189 said:Rocket turret attacks does not activate explosive temper and big boomer traits

what use does the turret have of those traits anyways? it cant crit, right? and the heal isnt gonna do much

@Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365 said:

what use does the turret have of those traits anyways? it cant crit, right? and the heal isnt gonna do much

True, but it should still proc on explosion traits if the auto does

@Chaith.8256 said:

Yep I agree. If theres anything engineer needs its consistency and less bugs

• 1 month later...

Yep I agree. If theres anything engineer needs its consistency and less bugs

This is still a persisting issue.

The Rocket Turrets first attack applies the Explosive Temper, but after that initial shot it doesn't.Not even when you destroy the turret.And all of them are supposed to do an explosion.

Yep I agree. If theres anything engineer needs its consistency and less bugsI thought the bugs was the consistency?

• 3 weeks later...

@"hellsqueen.3045" said:snipThe Rocket Turrets first attack applies the Explosive Temper, but after that initial shot it doesn't.Not even when you destroy the turret.And all of them are supposed to do an explosion.

I just tested it - non of the turrets that we manually explode trigger Big Boomer or Explosive Temper.

Edit: a funny fact - Flame Turret toolbelt skill is literally "Throw a ball of napalm that explodes on impact", but it's not an explosion. Meanwhile Electro-whirl is literally just "spin around". I guess we spin around so fast that we split atoms of air causing nuclear explosions?