celestial core engi with kits is viable now ! — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Professions Engineer

celestial core engi with kits is viable now !

DRfear.5234DRfear.5234 Member ✭✭✭
edited February 29, 2020 in Engineer

builds:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PegAoqlFw8YYMOWKOASdLTA-zZgKjGTgMLAJHA

Explosives trait line is not yet updated in the build editor
here is a pic of my traits: https://imgur.com/KkvnNjl

Comments

  • alain.1659alain.1659 Member ✭✭✭

    I am on mobile so cannot watch it properly now but if what you say is true then fudge all other builds and professions. If my dear celestial engi is back I am gonna find you, and hug you :)

  • Dawdler.8521Dawdler.8521 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 28, 2020

    I've met quite a few of what I think is similarly built cele cores in WvW, though most (if not all) used the rifle instead. Guess they where trying things out with explosives. Very flexible build with several nasty ccs, but I didnt really have any major issues 1v1 using condi core. They got the sustain but not the pressure. Seems to me like the kind of build that would fall over like a domino to a decent +1.

    Dont look a gift Asura in the mouth.
    No seriously, dont. Shark teeth.

  • Tinnel.4369Tinnel.4369 Member ✭✭✭✭

    I ran something similar in WvW last night, I have more sustain and might stacking built in. 1v1 I'd call it pretty stellar. I'd almost want to run a shield off hand in some situations, but glue shot is great too. It held up well up to +2, not necessarily winnable, but depending on what your up against ok. There's still rangers, thieves, and mesmers that can + and turn it bad fast. Biggest weakness I found was being able to disengage when it got bad, I don't feel like there's room for rocket boots on the bar.

  • alain.1659alain.1659 Member ✭✭✭

    @Tinnel.4369 said:
    I ran something similar in WvW last night, I have more sustain and might stacking built in. 1v1 I'd call it pretty stellar. I'd almost want to run a shield off hand in some situations, but glue shot is great too. It held up well up to +2, not necessarily winnable, but depending on what your up against ok. There's still rangers, thieves, and mesmers that can + and turn it bad fast. Biggest weakness I found was being able to disengage when it got bad, I don't feel like there's room for rocket boots on the bar.

    I had the same issue. Rocket boots is a must but i cannot find any room for it. And elite is not that impactful compared to scrapper and holo ones .

  • Dawdler.8521Dawdler.8521 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @alain.1659 said:

    @Tinnel.4369 said:
    I ran something similar in WvW last night, I have more sustain and might stacking built in. 1v1 I'd call it pretty stellar. I'd almost want to run a shield off hand in some situations, but glue shot is great too. It held up well up to +2, not necessarily winnable, but depending on what your up against ok. There's still rangers, thieves, and mesmers that can + and turn it bad fast. Biggest weakness I found was being able to disengage when it got bad, I don't feel like there's room for rocket boots on the bar.

    I had the same issue. Rocket boots is a must but i cannot find any room for it. And elite is not that impactful compared to scrapper and holo ones .

    Well if you use the kitten supply drop then yeah. Moa on the other hand can singlehandedly win fights and is pretty much the only thing that lets you kill real sustain (immortal combo eles etc).

    Dont look a gift Asura in the mouth.
    No seriously, dont. Shark teeth.

  • alain.1659alain.1659 Member ✭✭✭

    @Dawdler.8521 said:

    @alain.1659 said:

    @Tinnel.4369 said:
    I ran something similar in WvW last night, I have more sustain and might stacking built in. 1v1 I'd call it pretty stellar. I'd almost want to run a shield off hand in some situations, but glue shot is great too. It held up well up to +2, not necessarily winnable, but depending on what your up against ok. There's still rangers, thieves, and mesmers that can + and turn it bad fast. Biggest weakness I found was being able to disengage when it got bad, I don't feel like there's room for rocket boots on the bar.

    I had the same issue. Rocket boots is a must but i cannot find any room for it. And elite is not that impactful compared to scrapper and holo ones .

    Well if you use the kitten supply drop then yeah. Moa on the other hand can singlehandedly win fights and is pretty much the only thing that lets you kill real sustain (immortal combo eles etc).

    Actually I tend to use the friggin mortal, as i usually need a water field if I go AED :) But even moa does not feel that strong when compared to stealt or heavy cc. Still gonna try it again.

    I wish engi had more utility slots and mpre trait slots.