New Aura Animations are Poorly Designed; Need Rework

1) If a rival player or NPC has multiple auras on them, I literally cannot tell what auras they have (if there are more than one) because the bubble animations for the auras exist in the same concentric x,y,z space and, consequently, overlap. Look, I get that dark aura and magnetic aura needed to be more visible, but why touch the other auras which were very characteristic and recognizable2) The little square icons for the auras? Also poorly designed. They have the same background color, so on the off chance that a player wishes to recognize a rival player or NPC's aura(s) by looking at the square icon bar, well, it takes them more than just a glance to tell, costing them valuable reaction time and being frustrating for no reason at all. Make the auras have their own distinguishable colors.3) Shock Aura, Frost Aura, and Light Aura bubble animations are too similarly colored to be intuitively recognized, at least for me. Not everyone has a game studio 27 " 10-bit color 4K display with 99.9% Adobe RGB color coverage, you know.

Only using color to distinguish different things is a bad design. This is accient stuff. Just color is not enough.

Many reasons. One is that if colors are to similar, you can't see the difference. Another is that not all people can see all colors. Color blindness is rare, but color deficiency is not.

Correct solutions is:

• must have different shape or symbol or just plain old text
  • can have color
  • options. Let people pick their own version

You start with a different shape and then, maybe, add color.