Gen 2 Legendary Creation with PoF

Brent.8721

Considering the fact that PoF isn't coming with it's own set of legendaries (as HoT was intended to do). Shouldn't there be ways to get some items in PoF that are required to make current and future Gen 2 legendaries? Nothing sucks more than having to leave new content because of the need to grind out Dragon Stand for Crystalline Ore (which definitely should be available to earn in PoF due to the simple fact we are dealing with Papa Kralk...) and other things required. Another idea is creating a new PoF style Mastery gift (of equal grind/ difficulty) that could replace Gift of Maguuma Mastery in the final recipe to give players options instead being forced to dig into the grind of HoT. I don't see how more legendaries can be added in game with the same recipe with out forcing players who desire the legendaries to visit old content to grind. I look forward to hearing ideas of how this could be further implemented.

@Coulter.2315 said:They can (and should imo) add Amalgamated Gemstones to PoF Metas, but the Gifts and Crystalline Ingots must all still come from HoT. You're also missing out the fact that PoF does give you bits for your Legendary; t6, wood, metal .. just not exclusive pieces.

Not missing it at all.

Wood and Mithril arent exclusive to HoT though so you're intentionally missing the point.

The gifts themselves will not change, how you get them will not change. This is done so that all that content still has value and so that each person who creates a legendary goes through the same process. I know you don't like that answer but that's the answer.

@TexZero.7910 said:

@Coulter.2315 said:They can (and should imo) add Amalgamated Gemstones to PoF Metas, but the Gifts and Crystalline Ingots must all still come from HoT. You're also missing out the fact that PoF does give you bits for your Legendary; t6, wood, metal .. just not exclusive pieces.

Not missing it at all.

Wood and Mithril arent exclusive to HoT though so you're intentionally missing the point.

The gifts themselves will not change, how you get them will not change. This is done so that all that content still has value and so that each person who creates a legendary goes through the same process. I know you don't like that answer but that's the answer.

Are you trying to argue with me even though I said the exact same thing you did?

@Zenith.7301 said:Problem is we're now in this cycle where they'll always be behind on legendary release.

Perhaps instead of making aurora and ad infinitum they should have finished the damned weapons they promised with the xpac.

I'm not sure they can actually dump them all on us at once, the amount of mithril and elder wood needed for these drop in Legendaries could do some crazy things if 6 appear at once. They'll need to stagger them or adjust the requirements, the old Legendaries required high tier stuff to craft so didn't interfere with the lower economy, the new ones could cause some problems for people leveling crafting for example (since they take about 26k t5 wood and metal each).

I'm not sure Aurora or Ad Infinitum were a blockage to new weapons regardless.

When asked in an AMA on Reddit about the issue of 2nd Generation Legendary weapons and Path of Fire, Mike O. stated specifically that they have no plans to have new legendary weapons require Path of Fire in order to craft.

Please note though, his exact word used was "plans".

Saying you "plan" to do something doesn't mean it will happen. I have no confidence that the next weapons to be released will not require Path of Fire.

It would be nice to be able to do PoF content as an alternative way if you don't want to do HoT stuff. I disliked the requirements for crafting HoT legendaries, so although I like some of them they just really aren't worth it for me. I was hoping for PoF legendaries, especially since I actually did all the map completion for it unlike HoT, where I haven't completed a single non-LS3 map.

I agree that they should offer better methods to farm Legendary and other rare materials of ALL types. I can see requiring people to own HoT to benefit, but there are ways to do this while still allowing people to farm PoF for the mats.

At the very least they should have perhaps crafting recipes that would allow you to convert PoF mats into equivallently rare HoT mats, at a rate that is fair but lossy enough that it's not the most efficient path forward.

Archived