Elite Spec with Mace — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Elite Spec with Mace

Kodama.6453Kodama.6453 Member ✭✭✭
edited February 29, 2020 in Professions

I recently noticed that there are just 3 classes which can use a mace (was looking it up, since I was considering to build Eureka): Guardian, Warrior, and Revenant.

Just 3 classes and all of them are heavy armor classes? This is kinda sad. I hope that we can get an elite spec in the future that uses maces, preferably on engineer (Alchemy theme?) and both as mainhand and offhand (if Spellbreaker can get both for dagger, then other classes can as well).

Comments

• Stand The Wall.6987Stand The Wall.6987 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 29, 2020

engi makes sense, but I hope its teef. I want to club ppl over the head and steal their munny.

• Kodama.6453Kodama.6453 Member ✭✭✭

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:
    engi makes sense, but I hope its teef. I want to club ppl over the head and steal their munny.

Also a great choice. Giving mace to one of the light armor professions additionally would be welcomed, I could imagine a Necromancer using that weapon as well. It's just odd that the 3 heavy armor classes are the only ones able to use that weapon.

• Buran.3796Buran.3796 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Kodama.6453 said:

Also a great choice. Giving mace to one of the light armor professions additionally would be welcomed, I could imagine a Necromancer using that weapon as well. It's just odd that the 3 heavy armor classes are the only ones able to use that weapon.

Not that odd taking in consideration that in the real world maces are weapons specifically designed to negate the protection from armors creating trauma through delivering kinetic energy instead of slicing and bleeding enemies. A non armor/light armored fighter has no business wielding a mace vs foes with metal plates.

• Westenev.5289Westenev.5289 Member ✭✭✭✭

Maces are generally considered "holy" weapons in fantasy, so it could be a cool weapon for the Elementalist if they ever incorporated guardian magicks in some way or form. A fifth light/holy attunement could be cool.

• Kodama.6453Kodama.6453 Member ✭✭✭

@Buran.3796 said:

@Kodama.6453 said:

Not that odd taking in consideration that in the real world maces are weapons specifically designed to negate the protection from armors creating trauma through delivering kinetic energy instead of slicing and bleeding enemies. A non armor/light armored fighter has no business wielding a mace vs foes with metal plates.

That is not really relevant for this game, tho.

I mean, yeah, this is how this weapon got used in the real world. But look how greatswords were used in the real world and then how Mesmers are using them...
    This is a fantasy game, they can easily interpret weapons in different ways than they actually have been used in the real world.

• draxynnic.3719draxynnic.3719 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Kodama.6453 said:

@Buran.3796 said:

@Kodama.6453 said:

That is not really relevant for this game, tho.

I mean, yeah, this is how this weapon got used in the real world. But look how greatswords were used in the real world and then how Mesmers are using them...
    This is a fantasy game, they can easily interpret weapons in different ways than they actually have been used in the real world.

Pretty much. Maces have also been used for ceremonial purposes, so I could definitely see them being used as spellcasting focii.