Eater of Souls V Mesmer (easy kill with vanilla build pure melee)

sixburn.5807

I soloed Eater of Souls with a vanilla mesmer melee build that I been running since HoT. I am supposed to take a screenshot of it during my second run, but aggroed it. I never considered taking it on solo since I died twice with my friend the first time as a Mirage. This time though my build I am using is my old PVE build intended to survive while having decent dps. my gears are all cheap crafted exotics except for my ascended coat with soldier/wanderer stats and rune of the eagle. both weapons are also cheap exotics zerkers, except for my ascended greatsword which I didn't get a chance to use. trinkets are ascended mix of soldier and zerkers.
the build is here: imagethe mano-a-mano gameplay here:

@Coulter.2315 said:

@Ayumi Spender.1082 said:I still don't understand how people found it hard.I mean it's great they nerfed it as if I couldn't beat it, I would be annoyed too if I was aiming for the Griffon, but it's not like a huge success in beating this thing. The fight was just tedious.Very easy, but tedious.

It takes like 30sec how is it tedious?

I have to agree. After reading all the horror stories all over the forums and reddit, I entered the fight wearing a diaper. And then the guy melts in 2 minutes, barely doing any damage to me at all. It was quite anti-climatic.

I never got to experience the pre-patch version though.

@Hevoskuuri.3891 said:

@Coulter.2315 said:

@"Ayumi Spender.1082" said:I still don't understand how people found it hard.I mean it's great they nerfed it as if I couldn't beat it, I would be annoyed too if I was aiming for the Griffon, but it's not like a huge success in beating this thing. The fight was just tedious.Very easy, but tedious.

It takes like 30sec how is it tedious?

I have to agree. After reading all the horror stories all over the forums and reddit, I entered the fight wearing a diaper. And then the guy melts in 2 minutes, barely doing any damage to me at all. It was quite anti-climatic.

I never got to experience the pre-patch version though.

It was literally the same as long as you interupted him. If you didn't interupt him you could use any of your shatters to prevent him healing. I had to google "eater of souls gw2" once I saw all the QQ to find out which boss was hard because I honestly didn't even remember him first play through.

I guess casual players and more experienced ones have a very different take on boss fights. have a friend who never plays PvP and disliked WvW mode but loves doing the story missions. At some point, after playing a year or two we get the technicalities of the game beating a boss like EoS.

Archived