[WvW Roaming/Smallscale] WET Tempest, Condi counter Condi

Yasai.3549

Build here : http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PGgAg2lRwcYesFWJe+SZtdA-z1QYroBdEDHeREZB0bCAA-w

I have been running this build for the past week, and has mixed results of success, but in general this build is built to outlast Condition reliant opponents, allowing yu to take them on casually.

The one weakness this build has is Power spike damage, which Reapers, Warriors and Trap DHs are known to do once they get their grabby claws on yu.

Runes and Sigils

Durability Runes - very good all rounder rune, very good for getting nice free Protection and Regen to both cleanse and reduce damage at the most unlikely of times.

Antitoxin - Troll condi builds by running Antitoxin, causing all yur condi cleanses to remove an additional condition. People trying to spike yu with condi bursts will more often than not cause themselves to remove the conditions due to Diamond Skin.

Divnity - Poor man's choice, but still very good for allrounder stats as well as more health.

Sigil of Vision - crit at the most unlikely of times!

Sigil of Cleansing - for more condi clear, but honestly abit of a waste. I just have it on because I was repurposing a weapon from another character.

Sigil of Agony - Longer Bleed duration!

How this build works :

Condi builds are dominating WvW right now, as such, this build is designed to outlast Condition spamming opponents, giving yu a free edge over them simply by keeping yur health over 75%.

Tips and tricks :

Use Overloads to gain Stability for safe stomping.Use Fire 4 for a Fire Field before swapping to Earth and using Earth 3 to perform a leap finisher.Use Lightning flash to surprise enemies with the last hit of Earth Overload, landing an immobilize.Use Air 4 to pressure projectile based enemies, because any and all projectiles entering or inside the field is destroyed.

Water/Arcane/Tempest is a much better WvW build.

• Spec Arcane and take Arcane Blast. Then you have an instant cast immob for the fights.
  • Water has enough healing and cleanse for other people in the squad too. Diamond Skin is useless since you will lose HP to power damage during a WvW for sure. It also doesn't help your team.
  • You want arcane for faster access to Water Overload/Attunement. Also, it helps cleanse your squad mates when you switch to Water.

Edit: this build is more like a selfish build without a lot of team support. But if you want that, then why not just play a melee Weaver? Much better survivability and Condi damage.

@Sunshine.5014 said:Water/Arcane/Tempest is a much better WvW build.

• Spec Arcane and take Arcane Blast. Then you have an instant cast immob for the fights.
  • Water has enough healing and cleanse for other people in the squad too. Diamond Skin is useless since you will lose HP to power damage during a WvW for sure. It also doesn't help your team.
  • You want arcane for faster access to Water Overload/Attunement. Also, it helps cleanse your squad mates when you switch to Water.

Well the base idea is to counter condi specifically, plus if needed I just switch to Stone Heart and dab on Power builds.

Earth Dagger is extremely strong at dueling too.

If you want cleanse counter you take fire, not earth. The only thing earth provides is some protection (but scrapper and fb already have tons of it), majority of its traits are useless. Fire spec can basically double or triple the amount of aoe cleanses you have while also blinding enemies.

Arcane is also a pretty weak spec for support tempest now since the only useful trait is a minor one that shares boons on swap (mainly protection). Immobilize isnt as useful as it used to be since you used it before patch to burst people down, but there's almost no burst now so there's no point of picking a whole spec for just 1 trait that rarely does its job.

I only see WET build strong in small scale roaming where you dont have many supports (or when you dont have any fb) and you need that extra damage mitigation. That way you can even utilize the condition stat since it's useless in large scale on support (or any) tempest.

@steki.1478 said:

I only see WET build strong in small scale roaming where you dont have many supports (or when you dont have any fb) and you need that extra damage mitigation. That way you can even utilize the condition stat since it's useless in large scale on support (or any) tempest.

Yea it's mainly for small scale.Should probably have included it in my title, my bad.

WET is extremely strong for Auramancing since yu can simply spread the Auras and give alot of Protection to a small group with a little trait alteration.

@Yasai.3549 said:

Yea it's mainly for small scale.Should probably have included it in my title, my bad.

WET is extremely strong for Auramancing since yu can simply spread the Auras and give alot of Protection to a small group with a little trait alteration.

That's what I used to do a few months ago, but I felt so weak compared to FB. Since the last 2 patches cutting so much on Concentration 2 times in a row, it became even worst, I'm not auramancing Water-Earth support anymore. And now in the last patch healing took a big hit, I cant even heal anymore.Healing skills now are so weak that arcdps says that most of the heal comes from regen boons, lol.I'm slowly changing to Fire occasionally and\or stopping to play at all... just login once in awhile to run around like a newb, using a build I'm not comfortable, and talk to guildies.

@Aria Lliane.8693 said:

That's what I used to do a few months ago, but I felt so weak compared to FB. Since the last 2 patches cutting so much on Concentration 2 times in a row, it became even worst, I'm not auramancing Water-Earth support anymore. And now in the last patch healing took a big hit, I cant even heal anymore.Healing skills now are so weak that arcdps says that most of the heal comes from regen boons, lol.I'm slowly changing to Fire occasionally and\or stopping to play at all... just login once in awhile to run around like a newb, using a build I'm not comfortable, and talk to guildies.

Just do what I did and reroll scrapper. It’s a lot more fun than I thought it would be.

Heal Tempest is dead now man. They killed it with the patch. Especially in a condition heavy meta, Tempest can’t keep up anymore with the condition cleanse and the healing required to keep yourself alive.

Scrapper however thrives because it’s healing comes from condition cleansing...so the more conditions, the more healing you do...it’s quite fun.

@JusticeRetroHunter.7684 said:

Just do what I did and reroll scrapper. It’s a lot more fun than I thought it would be.

Heal Tempest is dead now man. They killed it with the patch. Especially in a condition heavy meta, Tempest can’t keep up anymore with the condition cleanse and the healing required to keep yourself alive.

Scrapper however thrives because it’s healing comes from condition cleansing...so the more conditions, the more healing you do...it’s quite fun.

+1 that Scrapper and FB is much better than Tempest at WvW. There is really no reason to bring a Tempest to WvW beside the instant cast range immob (which is also situational and not that strong).

For WvW, the best build for Ele is still Fire Weaver.

You should play fire/water or air/water. Earth is just useless, so selfish, no aura, the 1 stack 2sec stab is useless, I don't get what you could do better about healing and cleansing than FB or scrapper in a small group. Or may be you do better, but it's because they're bad or you cut them grass underfoot while you can reach another spot in the group.

Fire/water : you still cleanse condition, you blind foes, good uptime of auras. You can even play with the conjured weapon trait + conjured shield and gain another fire aura+magnetic auraAir/water : fresh-air + schoking aura; you can also play "transcendant tempest", you lose the frost aura and heal but you can spam schoking aura very easily. Even if Fb still farts Stab, everyone got their BS/stab skills nerfed so Schoking aura starts to be viable in small group/zerg.

@"Zhaid Zhem.6508" said:You should play fire/water or air/water. Earth is just useless, so selfish, no aura, the 1 stack 2sec stab is useless, I don't get what you could do better about healing and cleansing than FB or scrapper in a small group. Or may be you do better, but it's because they're bad or you cut them grass underfoot while you can reach another spot in the group.

Fire/water : you still cleanse condition, you blind foes, good uptime of auras. You can even play with the conjured weapon trait + conjured shield and gain another fire aura+magnetic auraAir/water : fresh-air + schoking aura; you can also play "transcendant tempest", you lose the frost aura and heal but you can spam schoking aura very easily. Even if Fb still farts Stab, everyone got their BS/stab skills nerfed so Schoking aura starts to be viable in small group/zerg.

I find high Protection uptime from Earth more fun.I know Fire Air or Arcane may be better for team support, but being able to slap on 40% damage reduction to 5 other allies really help in small scale too, because half the time people eat damage randomly and I sure as hell ain't healing them, so the damage reduction will be much better to mitigate damage.

I zergbusted with a group of 7 earlier with this build and it was pretty hilarious.

I do appreciate the feedback!

• 1 month later...

@Yasai.3549 said:

@"Dahir.4158" said:Why use Carrion? Just use Shaman instead. That power damage is kinda worthless, tbh. And use Invigorating Torrents.

Using Carrion opens up options with using Sigil of Visions to push in Power crits.

Honestly, that's not worth it. With a build like that, your main damage is coming from Sigil of Doom, bleeds and burns. You need to be using Sigil of Geomancy and Superior Runes of Balthazar, too. All that power stuff won't do anything and neither will Sigil of Visions. You're limiting your build's potential.

I agree with Broski that that power level is pointless and trying to get crits out of it doesn't make sense unless your crits are tied to condi application. You'd be better off dropping power for precision and running fire and arcane for burning precision and arcane precision (plus condi cover blinding ashes). That's what I prefer but to each his own.

Also, unless you're running "one with air" in air trait line you pretty much need speed runes as an ele in wvw IMO. You can get away with something else if you're just dueling or running in a group or if you only fight somewhere where you can lightning flash out of trouble. But in general just about every other profession can outrun you (or catch you) as a roamer and that's not a good thing. In your build running speed runes would allow you to swap out the long cooldown of eye of the storm (since you no longer need the mobility) for something better. With fire line traited "feel the burn" will blind, do decent burning damage, give 3 stacks of might, clear a condi with fire aura, and is on a 15s shorter cooldown, so that would be a good option but there are a few. GLHF