WVW LOOTS FOR SUPPORT

SKH.2169

I've recently started playing Firebrand in wvw as a support.However there is a dilemma to this character.If I start healing or grant boons to ally, I can't get any loots.If I don't heal (to get some loots), my allies don't get any support.

Support Firebrand is fun to play but when I see my inventory at the end of zerg fights, it's quite disappointing.

Is there any possible way that supports can get loots without damaging the foe?For example if you grant 5 boons to allies, you get loots for every enemies that allies kill.In that case, people will start playing healing classes.

I know I can pick other characters such as Scourge for more loots but, in that case there will be less ppl playing support.

I've never been really delighted with the loot tagging system in this game. I understand that you ought to contribute to get loot but sometimes (as outlined by OP) that's not practical; in other cases (i got to a fight late, got there asap but still wasn't able to do enough damage to meet threshold) it's simply impossible.

I have only the most vague ideas about how a replacement system could work but i do think that loot rules need looking at.

In lots of other popular games (FFXIV, Overwatch, etc.) healers get contribution for either gaining aggro from healing (FFXIV) or healing people while they damage enemies (Overwatch). Because of that, they're not required to attack anyone and still contribute.

At the very least, it would be nice to get contribution for healing and buffing people in your party.

@Ayumi Spender.1082 said:I say take the idea from Phantasy Star Online 2.You get loot as long as you're close enough.

Unfortunately that would allow for easier AFK farming . Just go to a busy area and do the same thing they also do, but they'll be able to benefit from it by doing nothing. Unless you mean only if you're in a party/squad/whatever with the people who kill it, in which case that can work.

I run a full minstrel build in WvW and I still get as much loot as the next person -_-. You don't spam heals you spam support skills. Especially your bubble. Pop that on your commander when he dives in. Don't play back line (mantras are pointless back there). water ele will out class you. Gotta learn to position. Spam your tome of courage. Not your tome of resolve.

@SmirkDog.3160 said:

@Ayumi Spender.1082 said:I say take the idea from Phantasy Star Online 2.You get loot as long as you're close enough.

Unfortunately that would allow for easier AFK farming . Just go to a busy area and do the same thing they also do, but they'll be able to benefit from it by doing nothing. Unless you mean only if you're in a party/squad/whatever with the people who kill it, in which case that can work.

Yeah I mean party/squad/group. As long as someone is with you and you're formed as a party or whichever, then you both get the stuff from it.The only thing it won't change (but this happens now) is if someone just comes in and hit the 1st auto-attack button and does nothing else.Which you can do right now and get benefits from it. Whether with someone or alone.

One of GW2's main points is that they "break" with the trinty. I don't think Anet ever intended for someone to play a "healer" class or what not...that's why we don't have them. Everyone is supposed to fight (main role) and if you can help your team through secondary means (like boons, heals, etc.) then great. If you look at the design, every class is meant to be self-sufficient. Thus, I don't think they'll ever put something like that in the game.

Well you get participation and also skirmish chests and the pip-loot. Thats a huge improvement for supporters. They should add the +5 sigils stacks for ressing downed players additionally to killing enemies.

For example, I play healrev sometimes but mainly SB. With SB and the cascading boon removal I mostly tag every enemy and get loot like hell. On healrev, well you can imagine. But in the end its much more satisfying to see your blob alive than dead. So I would say: If you want loot for everything: Go PvE.

I play full support Chronomancer, Tempest and Firebrand and I get lots of loot.Are you in a squad with a tag or just roaming around with groups.As a support you bring more than heals also support skills. Go frontline, zerg dive with the tag, full yolo mode. Time your skills and listen to what tag asks.PS: Tome of Justice #3 is a great pull FYI.

Archived