Will we get more equipment templates slots? @Anet

as in topic. I bought all slots on rev long ago and i use 4 diffrent equipment slots only for fractals, and would like to use more. I also play wvw and sometimes raids, and i dont want to make another rev which would require another leggendary weapons and armor. Many ppl said it at start, that 6 eq templates is not enough, and i wonder if there are any plans to expand current system?

They are probably working on the system overall (I hope) so giving out details is not likely until it's finished.

My personal approach, unless major rework is done, within the current framework would be:

• increase maximum amount of build templates to 10 (which seem to be the current maximum UI wise)
  • offer an "unlock all" option per character at a discount to individually buying all the slots (this would both serve as incentive for players who need more slots to just get all at one, while leaving players who are not interest in the feature unaffected, with fringe groups in-between still being able to purchase on a slot by slot basis
  • change the restore button to an actual save button, saving changes to the build templates ONLY if actually pressed

That is without major reworks or changes, which I couldn't speculate to.

What I do not expect to see, and my guess is any player who hopes/expects this will be disappointed with nearly any change, a completely free version. But who knows, I might be wrong.

Wait till you then want to start adding raids into your play style more, most classes have 5-6 equipment variations or more. With your current slots-4(Fotm),1 WvW,1 PvE ...adding a few more for raids takes you to 12 already without trying.

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@TwoGhosts.6790 said:I'm sorry you wasted your money. ?

So am I. The more people pay them for this system, the less chance we'll ever get a good and working one.

i didnt pay single penny for that. Still 500 gold hurts. but thats not even a problem, i can spend another 500 if i could make it on the same character, and wouldnt have to craft another set of armor and weapons.

@Safandula.8723 said:

@"TwoGhosts.6790" said:I'm sorry you wasted your money. ?

So am I. The more people pay them for this system, the less chance we'll ever get a good and working one.

i didnt pay single penny for that. Still 500 gold hurts. but thats not even a problem, i can spend another 500 if i could make it on the same character, and wouldnt have to craft another set of armor and weapons.You didn't pay for this directly, but Anet still got paid. Remember, buying gems for gold also puts real money in Anet's pockets. Anyone buying into the current system, whether using gems bought with real money, or with gold, is supporting the system as it is, and sending Anet the message that "all is fine, carry on as if nothing happened".

@Astralporing.1957 said:

i didnt pay single penny for that. Still 500 gold hurts. but thats not even a problem, i can spend another 500 if i could make it on the same character, and wouldnt have to craft another set of armor and weapons.You didn't pay for this directly, but Anet still got paid. Remember, buying gems for gold also puts real money in Anet's pockets. Anyone buying into the current system, whether using gems bought with real money, or with gold, is supporting the system as it is, and sending Anet the message that "all is fine, carry on as if nothing happened".

How do they actually get money if u transfer gold to gems? Im curious now

@Safandula.8723 said:

How do they actually get money if u transfer gold to gems? Im curious now

They don’t.

The gems were already purchased by someone. I think the point is that by purchasing additional slots by whatever means shows Anet that they are accepted by enough players that they can continue to sell them in this manner and not change the entire implementation (which is what many are requesting).

@Safandula.8723 said:

How do they actually get money if u transfer gold to gems? Im curious nowThey don't get them from you, but they get them from people that bought gems for real money then sold them for gold. In the end the gems used to purchase those slots were still bought for RL money by someone. Just not by you.

So, as long as people will keep buying slots from this system (whether they paid RL cash or gold for gems for that purchase), the end message Anet receives is "it generates sales, so it's okay, no need to fix anything". As long as the sales are high enough, the complains about the system won't matter. After all, it was designed primarily for monetization purposes, not for QoL or player satisfaction.

it doesnt work that way. Fact that ppl buy slots (basicly any account upgrades from gemstore), means that stuff is needed, no that price and implementation are good.Fact that price of gems gold convertion remains about the same, means someone is buying gems, but may spend them on anything else.If u think current implementation of templates is good, just look at their income charts. 25% of income lost compared to last quarter, may be paired with 2 main events: disappointment with big expansion like content announcement, and disappointment with implementation of templates

@Astralporing.1957 said:

How do they actually get money if u transfer gold to gems? Im curious nowThey don't get them from you, but
they get them from people that bought gems for real money then sold them for gold
. In the end the gems used to purchase those slots were still bought for RL money by someone. Just not by you.

Which has nothing to do with buying equipment slots with gold.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

How do they actually get money if u transfer gold to gems? Im curious nowThey don't get them from you, but
they get them from people that bought gems for real money then sold them for gold
. In the end the gems used to purchase those slots were still bought for RL money by someone. Just not by you.

Yes it does for you to be able to buy gems for gold.Someone must have sold their gems for gold in the first place.

@Linken.6345 said:

Yes it does for you to be able to buy gems for gold.Someone must have sold their gems for gold in the first place.

No. That realistically only impacts the exchange rate.

@Safandula.8723 said:as in topic. I bought all slots on rev long ago and i use 4 diffrent equipment slots only for fractals, and would like to use more. I also play wvw and sometimes raids, and i dont want to make another rev which would require another leggendary weapons and armor. Many ppl said it at start, that 6 eq templates is not enough, and i wonder if there are any plans to expand current system?

How about we try to get them to MAKE KITTEN TEMPLATES OPTIONAL CAUSE THEY SUCK RIGHT NOW.

Seriously thought, NO I DONT WANT TO SEE MORE TEMPLATE TABS. I HATE THE TEMPLATES. THEY ARE USELESS GARBAGE. I want my legendary gear to NOT lose infusions and sigils when I move weapons. I want a list to save builds into that is NOT limited in length like gw1 and like arc apparently had.

I would rather have NO TEMPLATE vs the SHIT Template system we have!

@Moradorin.6217 said:

@Safandula.8723 said:as in topic. I bought all slots on rev long ago and i use 4 diffrent equipment slots only for fractals, and would like to use more. I also play wvw and sometimes raids, and i dont want to make another rev which would require another leggendary weapons and armor. Many ppl said it at start, that 6 eq templates is not enough, and i wonder if there are any plans to expand current system?

How about we try to get them to MAKE KITTEN TEMPLATES OPTIONAL CAUSE THEY SUCK RIGHT NOW.

Seriously thought, NO I DONT WANT TO SEE MORE TEMPLATE TABS. I HATE THE TEMPLATES. THEY ARE USELESS GARBAGE. I want my legendary gear to NOT lose infusions and sigils when I move weapons. I want a list to save builds into that is NOT limited in length like gw1 and like arc apparently had.

I would rather have NO TEMPLATE vs the kitten Template system we have!

They are optional.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@"Safandula.8723" said:as in topic. I bought all slots on rev long ago and i use 4 diffrent equipment slots only for fractals, and would like to use more. I also play wvw and sometimes raids, and i dont want to make another rev which would require another leggendary weapons and armor. Many ppl said it at start, that 6 eq templates is not enough, and i wonder if there are any plans to expand current system?

They are optional.

YOU ARE WRONG. THEY ARE NOT OPTIONAL. EITHER WAY EVERY TIME I SWAP A WEAPON THAT I CANNOT STORE IN A TEMPLATE THE SIGILS AND INFUSIONS FALL OUT SAME FOR ARMOR, TRINKETS, ETC, EVERY LEGENDARY.

NOT OPTIONAL I WISH IT WAS!!! Either way I get impacted equally. Its a nightmare.

To clarify the only thing that is optional is the option to buy more templates. However, either way Im forced to use the same tempates to load equipment. THe templates have many issues, one is that legendary stuff all loses sigils and infusions every time its swapped unless its "saved" in a template. Also stuff like sigils and infusions get stuck in the UI and you some times have ti hunt down mission infusions that "should" be in inventory but arent cause they are in the other template which is less troublesome but still an issue. Overall I hate the template system and would love to have the old system with 3 builds for 1 for each gamemode and no messy inventory nightmare bullshit.

@Moradorin.6217 said:

They are optional.

YOU ARE WRONG. THEY ARE NOT OPTIONAL. EITHER WAY EVERY TIME I SWAP A WEAPON THAT I CANNOT STORE IN A TEMPLATE THE SIGILS AND INFUSIONS FALL OUT SAME FOR ARMOR, TRINKETS, ETC, EVERY LEGENDARY.

NOT OPTIONAL I WISH IT WAS!!! Either way I get impacted equally. Its a nightmare.

You’re acting as if in-game templates existed prior to them being added to the game which is of course untrue.

@"Ayrilana.1396" said:You’re acting as if in-game templates existed prior to them being added to the game which is of course untrue.No, he means that currently the "gear loadouts" mechanics broke several things that worked before templates were introduced - for example easy, on-the-fly switching between gear just by clicking on item in inventory, which seems to be not working right now in many cases where at least one of the items involved is legendary.Delta's arc templates being vastly superior to Anet's implementation has actually nothing to do with this case. Even though they were vastly superior.

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@"Ayrilana.1396" said:You’re acting as if in-game templates existed prior to them being added to the game which is of course untrue.No, he means that currently the "gear loadouts" mechanics broke several things that worked before templates were introduced - for example easy, on-the-fly switching between gear just by clicking on item in inventory, which seems to be not working right now in many cases where at least one of the items involved is legendary.

If you used the equipment screen exactly how it was prior to templates being added, there is really no difference.

Delta's arc templates being vastly superior to Anet's implementation has actually nothing to do with this case. Even though they were vastly superior.

I wasn’t talking about this so why bring it up?