When is the next balance patch?

TheBravery.9615

Should come next week sometime.I hope to see Spellbreakers, Scourges and Gazelle toned down immensly. I'd like to see reduced support for Firebrand. I'd like to see a damage nerf to Deaths Judgement and move it to other thief Deadeye skills so that they're not 100% dependant on kneeling.I'd like to see the visual clutter go away, I'd like to see all passive defenses get removed. I'd like to see all the obvious cheaters and match manipulators banned. I'd like to have build templates being introduced outside of ArcDPS.

Oh, and screw Break Enchantments. That skill is bullshit.

@Loop.8106 said:Should come next week sometime.I hope to see Spellbreakers, Scourges and Gazelle toned down immensly. I'd like to see reduced support for Firebrand. I'd like to see a damage nerf to Deaths Judgement and move it to other thief Deadeye skills so that they're not 100% dependant on kneeling.I'd like to see the visual clutter go away, I'd like to see all passive defenses get removed. I'd like to see all the obvious cheaters and match manipulators banned. I'd like to have build templates being introduced outside of ArcDPS.

Oh, and screw Break Enchantments. That skill is kitten.

All of the above and remove Holosmith god mode. It's not fun to fight a spec that takes no damage and does 3 shot kill damage.

Basically everything that Loop said.Although Id think that we can expect a balance patch in about ~2 weeks ....just makes the most sense time-table wise (about a month after PoF release).

@Ithilwen.1529 said:

@Loop.8106 said:Should come next week sometime.I hope to see Spellbreakers, Scourges and Gazelle toned down immensly. I'd like to see reduced support for Firebrand. I'd like to see a damage nerf to Deaths Judgement and move it to other thief Deadeye skills so that they're not 100% dependant on kneeling.I'd like to see the visual clutter go away, I'd like to see all passive defenses get removed. I'd like to see all the obvious cheaters and match manipulators banned. I'd like to have build templates being introduced outside of ArcDPS.

All of the above and remove Holosmith god mode. It's not fun to fight a spec that takes no damage and does 3 shot kill damage.

And wtf....Imo holosmith is the golden standard for "balanced" atm.

@BikeIsGone.8675 said:Basically everything that Loop said.Although Id think that we can expect a balance patch in about ~2 weeks ....just makes the most sense time-table wise (about a month after PoF release).

@Ithilwen.1529 said:

And kitten....Imo holosmith is the golden standard for "balanced" atm.

no, that would be weaver. mirage and holosmith are slightly overperforming, soulbeast (not gazelle) and renegade underperforming - out of the specs that aren't played that much atm.

*- Spellbreaker: Outnumbered survivability toned down immensely without impacting it's 1v1 survival if possible.1.) Full Counter affects only the unit who triggers the counter. Makes Pet/Clone classes no longer helpless vs. full counter, but rather stronger.2.) Full Counter no longer evades after countering but applies a modest barrier3.) Full Counter Cooldown Increased from 8s to 10s.

*- Scourge: Bugfixes to Sand Shades double dipping on damage where they should not be. Massive buffs to Scourge barrier heal stat scaling. Big dps trait synergy nerfs to make support builds more attractive.1.) Curses Path of Corruption trait made so each target can only be affected by this every 10 seconds. The synergy is bonkers insane with Nefarious Favor being a 4s, massive AoE corrupt vs. 12s cd, single target Dark Path corrupt of Core Necromancer.
2.) I'd like to see Dhuumfire only affect manifest Sand Shade skill in PvP and WvW only.3.) Desert Shroud give Barriers divided up on the 1st, 4th, and 7th ticks to Proc Abrasive Grit condi removal & might4.) Desert Empowerment trait also applying modest healing when a barrier is applied (300ish) in addition to it's current effects.

*- Firebrand: Support brought more in line with Tempest, it's best in slot by a good margin currently.1.) Radiance Trait, Healer's Retribution - gives retaliation properly when you use a mantra heal charge. Currently borked to only give retal when you charge the mantra.2.) Tome of Resolve Skill #1 - Chapter 1 - Desert Bloom: Healing reduced by 10%3.) Tome of Resolve Skill #2 - Chapter 2 - Radiant Recovery: Conditions removed reduced from 3 to 2. (Only if Scourges become less bonkers at the same time).4.) Tome of Resolve Skill #5 - Epilogue - Eternal Oasis: Outgoing healing boost on allies affected reduced from 33% to 25%

*- Renegade: needs buffs, omg.1.) Make the Warband summons exactly like Sand Shades, un-targetable and un-attackable. No room for exceptions here, except possibly making them invulnerable if it's easier.2.) Reduce the energy cost of Citadel Bombardment from 35 to 20, and increase the radius of each ordinance strike from 120 to 180 This ability IS the renegade class mechanic, it has a 3/4th second cast and takes two seconds to get the lead out, this ability should completely annihilate an immobile target, where currently the ordinances are spread very far apart and just randomly hit targets or not.

*- Soulbeast: needs buffs. Create a good selfish, high damage dueling build option for PvP, and a good group utility build for WvW through stances.

*- Mirage, Weaver, Holosmith, Deadeye all may need tweaks for healthy gameplay (small buffs and nerfs)

Here's what I'd like to see: Have different devs handle the balance. Many people have a tough time seeing there own work objectively. It's a major conflict of interest to have the designer of a spec try to balance it and I think that's a root cause of many of the "less than optimal" balance decisions.

@Chaith.8256 said:

*- Firebrand: Support brought more in line with Tempest, it's best in slot by a good margin currently.1.) Radiance Trait, Healer's Retribution - gives retaliation properly when you use a mantra heal charge. Currently borked to only give retal when you charge the mantra.2.) Tome of Resolve Skill #1 - Chapter 1 - Desert Bloom: Healing reduced by 10%3.) Tome of Resolve Skill #2 - Chapter 2 - Radiant Recovery: Conditions removed reduced from 3 to 2. (Only if Scourges become less bonkers at the same time).4.) Tome of Resolve Skill #5 - Epilogue - Eternal Oasis: Outgoing healing boost on allies affected reduced from 33% to 25%

Desert Bloom: Sure, fair nerf.Radaint Recovery: Absolutely freakin not. It's fine as is.Eternal Oasis: I could get behind this nerf. As is right now, it's always a priority for guards to cast this skill upon entering ToR and this nerf may balance that priority depending on how quickly heals are needed.

@Arcaedus.7290 said:

@Chaith.8256 said:

Desert Bloom: Sure, fair nerf.Radaint Recovery: Absolutely freakin not. It's fine as is.Eternal Oasis: I could get behind this nerf. As is right now, it's always a priority for guards to cast this skill upon entering ToR and this nerf may balance that priority depending on how quickly heals are needed.

Heh yeah.. I understand where you're coming from. I do feel like Firebrand has way better anti-condition support than Tempest, and with Scourge being brought in line, and hopefully shifted more towards support, I do think Radiant Recovery should reflect the new reality of most viable condi/hybrid builds not being able to bomb 7 unique conditions very fast.

@Ivantreil.3092 said:

If you are gonna bring me that argument, i want rifle buffs for compensate the nerfs.

What the hell is holosmith god mode and 3 shot kill damage?I don't see holosmith doing that much damage / being that strong.If im wrong please gimme a build ^^

@Chaith.8256 said:

@Arcaedus.7290 said:

@Chaith.8256 said:

Heh yeah.. I understand where you're coming from. I do feel like Firebrand has way better anti-condition support than Tempest, and with Scourge being brought in line, and hopefully shifted more towards support, I do think Radiant Recovery should reflect the new reality of most viable condi/hybrid builds not being able to bomb 7 unique conditions very fast.

Honestly without scourge there you won't use ToR for anti-condi you'll use ToC #4 which gives pulsing resistance with little to no downtime without the threat of constant corruption there.

At the current state i don't think they can fix anything. I am not a pro player and i find so hard to deal with scourges, i can fight spellbreakers but i die most times. I say that cause i am sure there will be people that say " only noobs die from scourges " or " learn to play, thats why you die ". Well...i play elementalist mostly on pvp since hot, it is so difficult to even hit a scourge that i am one step close to just give up playing pvp.

I really want to learn to play better and practise and and and...but come on guys, until my char finish an animation my hp from 17k comes to 0. How is that even possible? Do i have to be a pro only to counter scourge?

The only time i felt that i could do something was before the auramancer got the big nerf. After many days of practise and defeats and flames i manage to play good and actually contribute to my team with condi cleanse and heals. Now i cann't even do that cause 1. Auramancer got huge nerf back then ( " Balanced " ) 2. Cleanse what? 5 condis? they will nuke my life to zero after that with no efford at all.

My personal opinion about this is:

1. Reduce condi damage by 40% in pvp and wvw, or
  2. Make one class counter the other for example bring back that " godlike " auramancer (that was unkillable with the right rotation) to counter scourge etc.

That is my personal opinion sorry if someone disagress and sorry if someone feels offended i don't mean any hard feelings it's just my personal thoughts. I wish you all the best.

@Chaith.8256 said:

*- Renegade: needs buffs, omg.1.) Make the Warband summons exactly like Sand Shades, un-targetable and un-attackable. No room for exceptions here, except possibly making them invulnerable if it's easier.2.) Reduce the energy cost of Citadel Bombardment from 35 to 20, and increase the radius of each ordinance strike from 120 to 180 This ability IS the renegade class mechanic, it has a 3/4th second cast and takes two seconds to get the lead out, this ability should completely annihilate an immobile target, where currently the ordinances are spread very far apart and just randomly hit targets or not.

I'm not against those buffs but I think that there's no way to make Renegade competitive in PvP. The class just lacks any defensive/mobility tools and the most you can get from is to use Mallyx + Shiro with mace/axe + staff with Corruption, Invocation and Renegade (to buff the condition damage). But won't work because Mallyx + Glint is currently better (a lot more sustain) and despite that is hopeless outside a comformed team with strong support. Renegade barely has ways to deal with condi damage (resistance procs of 2 seconds are a joke in a game with the amount of boonstrips that PoF currently has) and has no stability at all. So is essentialy useless for PvP. But at least can be argued that remains as the only class undefeated in PvP (since no one is using the spec).

@Ithilwen.1529 said:

What is holosmith god mode?? Holosmith's tankiness/survivability is below average at the most. If you are referring its forge mode, you know holosmith goes boom and takes massive amount of damage if it masses up with its heat management? It is high risk/high reward class. There are classes that do higher damage with lower risk.

@Chaith.8256 said:*- Spellbreaker: Outnumbered survivability toned down immensely without impacting it's 1v1 survival if possible.1.) Full Counter affects only the unit who triggers the counter. Makes Pet/Clone classes no longer helpless vs. full counter, but rather stronger.2.) Full Counter no longer evades after countering but applies a modest barrier3.) Full Counter Cooldown Increased from 8s to 10s.

*- Scourge: Bugfixes to Sand Shades double dipping on damage where they should not be. Massive buffs to Scourge barrier heal stat scaling. Big dps trait synergy nerfs to make support builds more attractive.1.) Curses Path of Corruption trait made so each target can only be affected by this every 10 seconds. The synergy is bonkers insane with Nefarious Favor being a 4s, massive AoE corrupt vs. 12s cd, single target Dark Path corrupt of Core Necromancer.

2.) I'd like to see Dhuumfire only affect manifest Sand Shade skill in PvP and WvW only.3.) Desert Shroud give Barriers divided up on the 1st, 4th, and 7th ticks to Proc Abrasive Grit condi removal & might4.) Desert Empowerment trait also applying modest healing when a barrier is applied (300ish) in addition to it's current effects.

*- Soulbeast: needs buffs. Create a good selfish, high damage dueling build option for PvP, and a good group utility build for WvW through stances.

*- Mirage, Weaver, Holosmith, Deadeye all may need tweaks for healthy gameplay (small buffs and nerfs)

Hi,I wanna comment on the Renegade because i play it and even play it in pvp (i am not too good or anything).There is several statcombinations that you can use with the spirits and different ways you can play them. condi needs improvement, they scale with power which needs buffs, they crit which can go sweet when you spec into it, but may need damage buffs as well. Problem here is the class has no movement or real stability and survival on its own, which forces decisions in making it either mobile enough or stable enough with no mix strong enough for pvp it seems.

Straight foword: They need Buffs to work thats true, but i wanna comment mostly on the mentioned "change the spirits to XYZ form of summon".

They are enteties that can proc traps and necro void fields without the need of stepping into them! And they take away a target from cleaves and aoes (if there is not any hidden mechanic i didnt get that focusses pc's).So i will always highly disagree when anybody would ask for a change concerning these design elements. They are nice as they are, because of mentioned reasons. Other ways for their survivability are more welcome. I dont need another dead mark on the playfield. I like my otherworldly-half-manifested-mystforged-forced-into-existance-spirits that way.I wanted the Ritualist back. The mechanic the spirits work is ritualist Style with lower cds forced into action mode. K ! I can live with that, considering the design team took the spirit spammer litteraly it seems.

That thing with the ccable is questionable though and only being able to give em considerable survivability by a Jalis cast just takes to much time and is pointless, cause they are not that impressive on their own and short in their lifespan anyways :-).There have to be better ways to make them viable even for WvW. Like just make em Targetable by that many aoes per interval or anything, so they have a small timeframe of existance even in bigger fights.. (just thinking loud here to have said something for that matter :-).. but dont touch that spirit feel that they have.

From how the Spirits move i would say that some time the Team considered the following as well:

Razorclaw should put an explo finisher on summon. Darkrazor should be a whirl (maybe the whirleffect is not for the whole duration if thats more balanced), and icerazor should be a projectile (on chance maybe cause the attackspeed is awsome). That would make Kalla more synergetic with malix and jalis, and in teamcombinations. Maybe some would consider that broken i guess... but it fits existing game mechanics while not touching what the spirits do normally. That would be cool and enabling gameplay mechanics.

:-)

Gruß und gute Wünsche,

Mukk

@Crinn.7864 said:

@BikeIsGone.8675 said:And kitten....Imo holosmith is the golden standard for "balanced" atm.

I'm still angry that Holosmith is everything the devs said power reaper would be but never was.

Are power reapers supposed to explode if they fuck up? Does holosmith get an extra health bar? :confused:

A thing i forgot about renegade spirits since nobody seems to test em.They can be double buffed as they scale with stats AND can be buffed on their own. So in theory they can have 50 stacks of might on them....25 on player 25 on them..which comes with the fact that they are actual npcs.. if they have stats in their code that is... gotta test this omo ;-)

Renegade needs a lot more than small buffs if it wants to compete with Herald in the slightest.

Herald is absolutely necessary for Revenant to be worth it in a team. The constant party boons coupled with the utility and skills on top of them are what prevents Revs from being a directly inferior thief/warrior hybrid. Renegade turns all this on its head. For a selfish rev build like Renegade to work, it needs to at least be as good by itself as warrior meta and it's currently just not anywhere close.

Archived