Chicken Chaser Title & Bullying

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

When I play wvw, I've noticed that almost every person that has the chicken chaser title, is usually a roamer that almost exclusively chase down players who don't want to 1v1. They are also the same people who bully others in chat or send insulting pms to players from other servers. Usually they are also thieves or rangers.

I feel like this title was designed to promote bullying in wvw and spvp. Where is the honor in fighting those that run away anyways?

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Jumpin Lumpix.6108 said:When I play wvw, I've noticed that almost every person that has the chicken chaser title, is usually a roamer that almost exclusively chase down players who don't want to 1v1. They are also the same people who bully others in chat or send insulting pms to players from other servers. Usually they are also thieves or rangers.

I feel like this title was designed to promote bullying in wvw and spvp. Where is the honor in fighting those that run away anyways?

So you run away from fair 1v1 fights in wvw cuz it's bullying? Maybe stop playing wvw then cuz it's not your cup of tea, as far as I noticed :P

@Jumpin Lumpix.6108 said:I feel like this title was designed to promote bullying in wvw and spvp. Where is the honor in fighting those that run away anyways?

You get that from an achievement in Dry Top, where you chase a chicken. So no, It very likely wasn't designed for wvw/pvp.I complained just like you when I was new, but it's just part of the game and it was my fault for not fighting them. You can't expect to enter a game mode, have no idea what to do and every enemy just leaves you alone. And every class usually has means to get away.

I don't think the OP's issue is fight back is 1 vs 1. It's more about people that don't know how to behave, and hide behind "it's a fighting game" nonsense to be jerks.

For example, the one who use humiliating emotes (laugh/dance) when they down you in a not so fair fight, just like that mesmer I saw yesterday, who obviously had a macro set because he was able to land 12 skills in a split second. Like, you're minding your business, and you drop from 22000HP to 0 by the time the little "power lock" noise is over, and your log gets all those skills that hit you... And then, he comes, and proceeds to dance. Typical kind of guy running with a "chicken chaser" title. (I reported for botting).

I don't mind a good fight, but I don't like players with cancer builds whose sole purpose in life is pour dolyak poo in other people shoes. The game mode is toxic enough as it.

And yes, I know there nothing that can be done about players' behaviour. But they also can be disarmed, by removing some emotes and titles.

@ThomasC.1056 said:And yes, I know there nothing that can be done about it. Just needed to vent.I agree to your points, but let's be honest here: GW2 usually has a very nice community and the nicest (with some exceptions) might be WvW. There are idiots everywhere but they are rather few. If those of the enemy server are jerks you usually have the ones on your server who kind of make up for it (and who CJ the next guy). Doesn't really matter. And anet is reponsible for cancer builds.

@Jumpin Lumpix.6108 said:When I play wvw, I've noticed that almost every person that has the chicken chaser title, is usually a roamer that almost exclusively chase down players who don't want to 1v1. They are also the same people who bully others in chat or send insulting pms to players from other servers. Usually they are also thieves or rangers.

Just ignore them and move on. There are more important things in life than getting upset over things that happen in a game.

Have a little humour. I can't tell you how many times I died and people did /laugh and jumped on my body etc.

But so? They're just having fun, just getting into the competitive spirit. And I don't mind because normally there was a valid reason for my death, like I was ganked for example. It's frustrating sometimes but it's never a problem for me. It's just a game, it's all in good fun, they have every right to destroy me on sight and laugh about it after.

Play thief, the best prof if you don't want do random 1v1.

If you go with zerg, better have at least +25% speed and teleport skills so that you're not that last player to be ganked.I have noticed that surprisingly many solo NC cappers are new players or just not skilled to roam up that north. Think where you go to do daily camps.

@Jana.6831 said:

@Jumpin Lumpix.6108 said:I feel like this title was designed to promote bullying in wvw and spvp. Where is the honor in fighting those that run away anyways?

You get that from an achievement in Dry Top, where you chase a chicken. So no, It very likely wasn't designed for wvw/pvp.I complained just like you when I was new, but it's just part of the game and it was my fault for not fighting them. You can't expect to enter a game mode, have no idea what to do and every enemy just leaves you alone. And every class usually has means to get away.

Isn't it a nod to the game Fable?

@SugarCayne.3098 said:

@Jana.6831 said:

Isn't it a nod to the game Fable?Probably, but it apperantly can mean a lot.Just saying that it wasn't specifically designed for wvw/pvp to mock chickens.Aww, I miss farming the chickens in NC for halloween pouches. Fun times.

if a player dont want 1vs1, what is he doing out of a zerg roaming around? u noticed how commanders hates tails on their zerg?

@"Jumpin Lumpix.6108" said:When I play wvw, I've noticed that almost every person that has the chicken chaser title, is usually a roamer that almost exclusively chase down players who don't want to 1v1. They are also the same people who bully others in chat or send insulting pms to players from other servers. Usually they are also thieves or rangers.

Tons of people display it in PvE, too, and they can't possibly chase down anyone. It's just a silly title and lots of people like it. I think you might be letting your theory affect your data collection: it's quite possible that you have a keen memory for those that 1:1 you who have the title displayed, but not for those who don't chase (and have the title displayed)... or those that do chase without the title. It's called "confirmation bias" and it's very, very hard to mitigate unless you take copious notes on every interaction (which is, of course, dangerous to do in WvW).

@Jana.6831 said:

Not DT but Bitterfrost Frontier, either way, it's a title earned in PVE so, it wasn't intended to intimidate wvwers/pvpers, though I can't imagine the designers didn't think it'd be used as such :).

@HazyDaisy.4107 said:

@Jana.6831 said:

Not DT but Bitterfrost Frontier, either way, it's a title earned in PVE so, it wasn't intended to intimidate wvwers/pvpers, though I can't imagine the designers didn't think it'd be used as such :).

You're right. The thing in Dry Top was Chickenado Chaser - without title. Seems as if there's chicken chase all around.

1) It is a pvp map. One can kill any enemy at any time doesn't matter if you are running away or not. Don't want to die? Don't go to wvw, play better or bring more players with you.

2) "They are also the same people who bully others in chat or send insulting pms to players from other servers" What evidence do you have about this?

Archived