Are new hairstyles/faces ever happening?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Blur.3465 said:I'm still waiting for a male hairstyle where you can change color of the sides of hair (aka Mad Max and Doctor Strange)...and a bunch of other options of course.Please make it happen ANet!

Ikr....asked for this ages ago. Asuran and Charr have one or two now. Wish there were more hairstyles like that and made available for all races.

Meanwhile, at Character Creation...

Customizing Human Male; :smile:Flipping through face features & hairstyles options.

Customizing Human Female META;Flips, Flips, Flips. Let's come back for face feature after hairstyles it is. Flips (x3)... This, gonna take long :sweat_smile:. Clearly more options compared to Human male.

Customizing Asura;Now....where's the next button(?).

@SinisterSlay.6973 said:

@SinisterSlay.6973 said:How do we still not have Alastia crow outfit?

I'm confused. Alastia Crow is wearing the tribal armour set, not an outfit.

It is?

the shoulders are different/hidden but the rest is tribal armor. since it requires a reward track to get the pieces its prolly an uncommon sight.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Tribal_armor

@Eramonster.2718 said:

@Blur.3465 said:I'm still waiting for a male hairstyle where you can change color of the sides of hair (aka Mad Max and Doctor Strange)...and a bunch of other options of course.Please make it happen ANet!

Ikr....asked for this ages ago. Asuran and Charr have one or two now. Wish there were more hairstyles like that and made available for all races.

Meanwhile, at Character Creation...

Customizing Human Male; :smile:Flipping through face features & hairstyles options.

Customizing Human Female META;Flips, Flips, Flips. Let's come back for face feature after hairstyles it is. Flips (x3)... This, gonna take long :sweat_smile:. Clearly more options compared to Human male.

Customizing Asura;Now....where's the next button(?).

Arenanet can't add new body shapes and sizes to whats currently available, not without remaking every single armor and outfit set in the game, and that's assuming that the pervasive existential horror that is the game's code would let them do that without breaking everything.

@"Dragon Priestess.9760" said:Human needs more long hair! Long hair like the Norn long hair! Pretty, flowy long hair!!

I'd simply like to see more cross-polination of the different hairstyles between Human and Norn. It can't be much of a technical issue, given that they're pretty much identical apart from scale, so I presume it's some sort of "artistic design" choice about what the races do or do not look like, and frankly it seems like a pretty arbitrary restriction.

It came home to me recently when I rolled a new female Norn character and tweaked body and facial detail to look very much like someone in particular. But I couldn't find the right hairstyle, or even anything close. I picked one that vaguely worked after a fashion, but it wasn't ideal. A few hours later I decided to have a look at what was available via the Self-style Hair Kit - and found several that would have done much better. Except - I'd swapped characters to a Human female in between. Naturally, the ones I wanted weren't available when I swapped back to my Norn. Wretched annoying.

@Doghouse.1562 said:

@"Dragon Priestess.9760" said:Human needs more long hair! Long hair like the Norn long hair! Pretty, flowy long hair!!

I'd simply like to see more cross-polination of the different hairstyles between Human and Norn. It can't be much of a technical issue, given that they're pretty much identical apart from scale, so I presume it's some sort of "artistic design" choice about what the races do or do not look like, and frankly it seems like a pretty arbitrary restriction.

It came home to me recently when I rolled a new female Norn character and tweaked body and facial detail to look very much like someone in particular. But I couldn't find the right hairstyle, or even anything close. I picked one that vaguely worked after a fashion, but it wasn't ideal. A few hours later I decided to have a look at what was available via the Self-style Hair Kit - and found several that would have done much better. Except - I'd swapped characters to a Human female in between. Naturally, the ones I wanted weren't available when I swapped back to my Norn. Wretched annoying.

As arbitrary as it might seem, there is something to be said for making each race distinct, especially the race that gets called "large humans" by members of the player base. Even little things like having different hair styles can (try) to help set the norn apart from humans.

My biggest dream is and I'd pay even 2000 gems for it, is a natural, loose, long hair for females. I don't care about clipping, everything clips if you don't pay attention to what you're wearing, especially when you mix stuff. Let's be different from other games, when males look like supermodels, but it's hard to make a natural looking feminine woman.

@The Greyhawk.9107 said:

@"Frostfang.5109" said:
  • Deer inspired horns for charr - I'd glady pay 2 k gems for that!

I believe the word you're looking for is "Antler", and yeah I think they'd be cool for Charr too.

That is correct; antlers are shed every year and horns are permanent and constantly grow.

Now a set of antlers that would "grow" and "shed" when certain achievements were reached (ie leveling) would be cool.

@Game of Bones.8975 said:

@"Frostfang.5109" said:
  • Deer inspired horns for charr - I'd glady pay 2 k gems for that!

I believe the word you're looking for is "Antler", and yeah I think they'd be cool for Charr too.

That is correct; antlers are shed every year and horns are permanent and constantly grow.

Now a set of antlers that would "grow" and "shed" when certain achievements were reached (ie leveling) would be cool.

Ehhh, don't bet on that being a thing, that sounds super niche and not likely worth the devs time and effort. How about just horns that look like antlers in the makeover kit instead?