A little suggestion for Warclaw mount

First of all, I tried the forum search, and I only saw discussions regarding player swimming speed and mount bug, I do not know if there's already a discussion about this, so, please pardon me it already existed, I will just start with I'm mostly a PVE player, and mostly doing quest/adventure/touring around the world map, even though there's mount better than Warclaw in term of speed, I personally really, really like my big fat cat due to many reason, such as the mount movement and so on, hell, I even bought the expansion because of it >,> therefore, I would like to suggest the Dev to make Warclaw able to swim ? I mean, even the Ranger pet can swim XD It would be damn cute, fun and awesome riding on your Warclaw and swimming around during adventures ~w~ plus I don't think it will make any big changes or imbalance to the game ? other than enhance player adventure experiences ? :)

Arenanet has already made a swimming mount with the skimmer so giving that ability to a another mount, one that was specifically designed for WvW rather than PvE no less, could render the skimmer largely obsolete, and all the work put into making it and all the skins for it wold be wasted. This has already happened to the springer, as most of the active player base now has the skyscale mount, I don't think Anet would let this happen again, especially with a mount that is actually a lot easier to acquire.

Well, I do know Skimmer can fly over water but it wouldn't be obsolete as Skimmer is still useful than Warclaw in many ways, especially the sand map where you get the Skimmer mount, even though if the Dev really made Warclaw able to swim, I bet it still cant swim over sand ? I personally did not think it will effect the game that much, plus the other 3 to 4 mount is not easy to get for new players :) Skimmer kinda like flying mount but not as high as Griffon or Skyscale right ? hehe, maybe more of a gliding mount ... to be honest though, I dont know how easy is it to get a Griffon or Skyscale, guess its not easy for me as I'm still using Springer XD

@The Greyhawk.9107 said:Arenanet has already made a swimming mount with the skimmer so giving that ability to a another mount, one that was specifically designed for WvW rather than PvE no less, could render the skimmer largely obsolete, and all the work put into making it and all the skins for it wold be wasted. This has already happened to the springer, as most of the active player base now has the skyscale mount, I don't think Anet would let this happen again, especially with a mount that is actually a lot easier to acquire.

To be fair the skyscale has replaced every mount, at least for me. But mainly because it's a dragon.

I wouldn't mind if they gave mounts the ability to swim, because all they'd have to do for balance is ensure they move at an inefficient speed as not to overtake the Skimmer. Two potential problems though:

• Being locked to your mount while swimming means you can be attacked and unable to defend yourself from that one Krait who has decided to chase you across the entire ocean (Might be solved by dismounting after so many hits?), the dismount button wouldn't function either in this situation, as mounting while in combat is prohibited, and your offensive dismount skill likely isn't compatible with water.
  • Ranger pets are separate entities from their owners, and their ability to swim doesn't prevent you from using your profession skills - mounts are coded differently; you and your mount are treated as a single entity. This could produce weird problems like being trapped on your mount and unable to dismount or the mount's hitbox causing you to get stuck on the environment while you're exploring underwater.

I'm in full support of adding more to the functionality of existing mounts, even the Warclaw. To me, it is irrelevant what they were originally meant for or what their initial purpose was if it becomes evident that sensible QoL improvements can be made. The mounts should also be checked for balance from time to time like any other type of gear.

Swimming seems like a nice immersion thing, but I don't know how easy or worth the effort it might be compared to what it could break.

@Fenom.9457 said:

@The Greyhawk.9107 said:Arenanet has already made a swimming mount with the skimmer so giving that ability to a another mount, one that was specifically designed for WvW rather than PvE no less, could render the skimmer largely obsolete, and all the work put into making it and all the skins for it wold be wasted. This has already happened to the springer, as most of the active player base now has the skyscale mount, I don't think Anet would let this happen again, especially with a mount that is actually a lot easier to acquire.

To be fair the skyscale has replaced every mount, at least for me. But mainly because it's a dragon.

Its very situational for me, I do like to use the roller-beetle and the skyscale a lot, but I still find myself using some of the other mounts like the skimmer (especially the skimmer). Only one that I don't use is the springer, last time I used it was Halloween with that mount race specifically meant for springers.

Although I don't agree to give the Warclaw the ability to swim, I must say that I also don't agree when people say that the Springer is now obsolete since to the release of the Skyscale.I still use springer occasionally, in certain situations when is more convenient to just make a quick jump to a vista, without the risk of getting stuck in a ledge, just a few millimetres away.

The skyscale grabs onto walls, and sometimes neither goes up nor down.It gets frustrating.The springer just hops into it, if timed properly.

One example is the vista in the charr camp in ascalon.There are way too many obstacles for the skyscale around there.Two jumps with springer gets you there quick and smooth.

However, what I think the OP is suggesting is that the warclaw could swim underwater; right!?If that's so, I don't see why not?

The skimmer only glides above water, it does not go under it.We haven't a mount that swims underwater, and even though the warclaw might not be the best contender for the job, considering the mounts we have now, might well be the most appropriate of the lot.

There aren't any mounts i never use, but i definitely use skyscale the most even when others would be marginally faster. Second is probably skimmer for water scenarios then raptor for zoom vroom. Rarely jumper, only for certain cliffs cc break or for fun. Jackal is one of my favorite so sometimes i use it or when i want to enter combat with a shield, or when walking uphill on land.

The only obstacle i could see about warclaw was that it probably would take some resources to make a whole new swimming animation for the skeleton, but besides that i don't see a problem. But because of that i also doubt we will see it done.