Revenant Down-state skills are terrible

zallesz.1650

I am not just saying that they are not as good as let's say, guardians or necros, that have a huge potential to ress you, and do a lot of damage. I am saying that it is way below any other class in all aspects.

• Attack does little damage, at kinda slow intervals (signet of agony heal is absolutely negated by the fact that hit rate is lower than down-state health loss)
  • Skill 2 pushes target away, making so that sometimes, it will not be reachable by the autoattack....
  • Skill 3 is an aoe damage that definitely will not reach the target if you already used Skill 2 on it.
  • Thus, since normally you would use your skills in order (Skill 1 until 2 is available, then 2, then 3 once available), if you do that on Revenant, you just screwed yourself.

Is there any chance it will ever be fixed?(And please, no comments such as, "you are not playing correctly if you are downed".)

I wouldn't say so ---- rev has OK downed skills IMHO. Not sure what's so good about guardian downed skill? If we are talking spvp, I find Guard's small AOE knockback worse than Rev's single target one. Guard's symbol res symbol is good, but you don't normally survive long enough to use it. Necro has BIS lifeleech yes, and fear....But look at other classes - engi and warriors have the worst downed skills imho.

@zallesz.1650 said:

• Thus, since normally you would use your skills in order (Skill 1 until 2 is available, then 2, then 3 once available), if you do that on Revenant, you just screwed yourself.

Don't look farther, this is your issue. Never use your skills by order, it should be by function.Every situation requires an analysis to determine what skill to use. It is even more important for revenant.

Necro is well known for its op downed state, thanks to agony exceptional synergy with life leech.Guardian has a nice revive symbol, but nothing more.

Usually when I look at Downstate skills, I tend to compare multiple classes.

There is always :

Auto attack : contributes to yur main source of killing a target for a Rally.Anti Stomp : usually a CC skill or a juke skill to avoid being pressured while downedSpecial : usually something which aids in rallying, either by doing damage or healing

Rev's are extremely weak in comparison to alot of downed state kits.

Their Projectile is slow.Their knockback can be obstructed.Their AoE attack doesn't do much damage unless the target is literally sitting on yu.

Ranger has Auto - Daze - Pet ReviveElementalist has Auto - Mist form escape - ImmobWarrior has Auto - Stun - Temporary RallyMesmer has Confusion Auto - Stealth Clone - Heavy backstabThief has Auto - Shadowstep - StealthGuardian has Auto - AoE knockback - HoT + Damage AoENecro has Lifesteal(Lmao) - Fear - Damaging AoE with Condi

If anything I think Rev needs a different Special.Maybe something that pulls them into the rift for a short duration before spitting them out.

3 skill is the only one that is particularly weak but downed state skills are too strong across the board in my opinion. Especially after they added signet of agony to pve it is way too easy to beat down full health mobs for a free rally even when facing multiple enemies. In competitive they didn't add that stupid signet but they heavily nerfed most non downed state damage so some classes do more damage in downed state than while up and it's really annoying. Necro and ranger in particular grind my gears because they will always win downed vs downed against other classes regardless of how much earlier they were downed because of their overturned downstate healing abilities.

Downstate 3 is the only one that is bad and could use tweaking. If the damage hit more reliably, it would be fine. Permaslowing a target via the AA is very powerful, and the knockback on downstate 2 is potent in smallscale as well. Also why would you use downstate 3 after using the knockback? That is not a fault in the skill design, that is a fault in your decisionmaking.

"Way below any other class in all aspects" is a totally biased and false exaggeration. Let's not try to raise the bar of downstate balance to the cancer that is Ranger's and Necromancer's. Downstate in general is already currently overtuned post-patch.