what happen ? to much content ??

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Diak Atoli.2085 said:

@Randulf.7614 said:Apparently we went into maintenance mode

I thought it was 'LW episode every two months is not enough!' Wouldn't that GW2 is in maintenance mode? I'm so confused now... :s

It's quite simple to remember

The less content we get, the more it indicates we are in maintenance modeThe more content we get, the more it indicates we are in maintenance mode

Hope that helps

@Randulf.7614 said:

I thought it was 'LW episode every two months is not enough!' Wouldn't that GW2 is in maintenance mode? I'm so confused now... :s

The less content we get, the more it indicates we are in maintenance modeThe more content we get, the more it indicates we are in maintenance mode

Hope that helps

Oooh! That is easy to remember!

... What's maintenance mode?

@lare.5129 said:currently now we have 2*2,adventure box soon,also at 17 starts ls,duration that time we have spvp season 21,also to much action on wvw and most still not close all Bjora achiv .oh.May be we should ask drop speed whit patch and events ?

Actually if anything I would say the opposite. You have to consider not everyone plays everything and some content that is changed are not value-add content as in its not new content. Examples; for a non-pvpers the new season in ranked doesn't add any value, the balance patch that just released doesn't add any new maps or the alliance system for wvwers, super adventure box has a following but for PvPers its not a new map, nor is it one for the raiders or the fractal players. So no I wouldn't say slow down releases since they have created these different game modes it means there are more to support so you need a higher cadence if anything so that they are covered. And I say this as a PvXer that does multiple modes already. Better to have more to do versus less.

@TheGrimm.5624 said:

@lare.5129 said:currently now we have 2*2,adventure box soon,also at 17 starts ls,duration that time we have spvp season 21,also to much action on wvw and most still not close all Bjora achiv .oh.May be we should ask drop speed whit patch and events ?

Actually if anything I would say the opposite. You have to consider not everyone plays everything and some content that is changed are not value-add content as in its not new content. Examples; for a non-pvpers the new season in ranked doesn't add any value, the balance patch that just released doesn't add any new maps or the alliance system for wvwers, super adventure box has a following but for PvPers its not a new map, nor is it one for the raiders or the fractal players. So no I wouldn't say slow down releases since they have created these different game modes it means there are more to support so you need a higher cadence if anything so that they are covered. And I say this as a PvXer that does multiple modes already. Better to have more to do versus less.

I agree.

I don't do any competitive modes at all, so those are out. I hate SAB, so I don't bother with it. So, that leaves me with the other content releases that I can choose to do or not to do at my leisure. I'm glad for the options.

@Dami.5046 said:This game can't win.

Actually, this the nature of forums, this isn't just a GW2 thing, you can see the same in other game forums. Might be a measure of how many of us are undocumented ADHD peeps that should be off doing other things. It's kind of like the chinese fortune cookie rule where you are suppose to add 'in bed' behind whatever is in the cookie to get to the true meaning. Just with forums each statement has an implied '?' behind it making it into a question that should continue the dialog. It makes sense'?'.

@Diak Atoli.2085 said:

Hope that helps

Oooh! That is easy to remember!

... What's maintenance mode?

When whether or not content is being made, the playerbase feels like the devs have abandoned the game

It's true that we have a lot of things scheduled to come in rapidfire succession, but try not to feel overwhelmed!

• Living story: The story itself is usually fairly short, and even if you're not done with the achievements now, that's actually good. Having long-term goals in old maps is what keeps players coming back to them so that new players will have people around to help them complete the mapwide content and instanced group portions. (I have opinions on the necessity of instanced group content in the meta achievement, but that's a separate topic)

• Super Adventure Box Festival: Events like this one come on a predictable schedule every year with minimal new things added each time. Unless they've decided to add another world to this mini-game, you're probably only looking at a couple of new weapon skins or maybe a new achievement or two in the existing worlds. Failing that, it takes a long while to collect the loot that's currently available from this festival, so even if they added nothing this time, it's expected you won't finish it all in one go.

• SPvP: As others have stated, giving attention to multiple game modes at the same time is important, because it ensures that people who play one more than the other will have something to do and that they won't feel ignored by the company. If you're the kind of player who evenly splits their time between PvE and PvP, it can be harder to place high in the competitions while so many PvE things are happening, but at that point it should already be clear to you which kind of content takes priority in proportion to the amount of gaming time you have.

• WvW: Too much action now should help to start making up for the ghost-town years WvW has had to endure. It may not seem like a big deal if you don't WvW on the regular, but for the people who really like that content, it's the first attention they've had in a long time and it probably feels great.

In short, I understand why you might be overwhelmed by having all of these options, but most of them aren't truly time-limited (save the seasonal PvP, maybe). Take your time, play the bits you enjoy most, and bide your time with things like map achievements and festival rewards.

@Randulf.7614 said:

@"lare.5129" said:

also at 17 starts ls,

Can you elaborate on this? Are you tying to say that new episode of LS is coming on 17?

No, the Visions content drops on the 17th. The next episode has no date yet

According to the Release site, Visions of the Past is part of Living World. (Which many call LS.)https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/releases/ (If you hover over the 'Releases' icon/word and choose 'Living World', it will take you to all Living World releases.) But, it may not be considered part of the Icebrood Saga.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

@"lare.5129" said:

also at 17 starts ls,

Can you elaborate on this? Are you tying to say that new episode of LS is coming on 17?

According to the Release site, Visions of the Past is part of Living World. (Which many call LS.)
(If you hover over the 'Releases' icon/word and choose 'Living World', it will take you to all Living World releases.) But, it may not be considered part of the Icebrood Saga.

Aye, but it's not an episode. Episode 3 was referred to as Episode 3 by Andrew Gray. This is extra content for the Living World. Given the subject of the Visions, I would class it as part of the Saga

It would indicate they want to broaden the LW to more than just being defined by the episodes, which is a good idea imo

@Randulf.7614 said:

@"lare.5129" said:

also at 17 starts ls,

According to the Release site, Visions of the Past is part of Living World. (Which many call LS.)
(If you hover over the 'Releases' icon/word and choose 'Living World', it will take you to all Living World releases.) But, it may not be considered part of the Icebrood Saga.

Aye, but it's not an episode. Episode 3 was referred to as Episode 3 by Andrew Gray. This is extra content for the Living World. Given the subject of the Visions, I would class it as part of the Saga

It would indicate they want to broaden the LW to more than just being defined by the episodes, which is a good idea imo

A very good idea. Non-episodic content could easily be used to release things like additional class weapons or elite specializations.

@TheGrimm.5624 said:

Actually, this the nature of forums, this isn't just a GW2 thing, you can see the same in other game forums. Might be a measure of how many of us are undocumented ADHD peeps that should be off doing other things. It's kind of like the chinese fortune cookie rule where you are suppose to add 'in bed' behind whatever is in the cookie to get to the true meaning. Just with forums each statement has an implied '?' behind it making it into a question that should continue the dialog. It makes sense'?'.

Needless to say i have had alot of experience in all types of forums gaming or otherwise. But werid flex, as they say.

@Dami.5046 said:

Needless to say i have had alot of experience in all types of forums gaming or otherwise. But werid flex, as they say.

I would go with needing coffee and some early afternoon humor, but hey go with what works for you. Either way Happy Friday!