ArenaNet, Can you please undo the WvW Patch? That was more fun before — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home WvW

ArenaNet, Can you please undo the WvW Patch? That was more fun before

Kronan.6712Kronan.6712 Member ✭✭
  • We cannot use the guild arena anymore, for training, or to test our builds, like the PvE and WvW have now very different gameplay.
  • We are forced to use condi builds only to be efficient.
  • The WvW is now "slow". The idea to be able to move faster on controlled territories was greate. Before the patch each factions was able to join the fights more quickly.
<1

Comments

• lodjur.1284lodjur.1284 Member ✭✭✭

@Kronan.6712 said:

• We cannot use the guild arena anymore, for training, or to test our builds, like the PvE and WvW have now very different gameplay.

Please make Guild Hall arena use WvW balance already, but this was a problem last patch too (just slightly less obvious)

That's incorrect, overall power is still slightly stronger (and much more common). There's definitively effective power builds.

• The WvW is now "slow". The idea to be able to move faster on controlled territories was greate. Before the patch each factions was able to join the fights more quickly.

Ye warclaw nerf was not good imo

Ögonen omges av vita och svarta penseldrag som gör att de ser större ut än vad de egentligen är. Baksidan av lodjurets öron kantas av svart päls som slutar i den karaktäristiska tofsen högst upp på örat. Lodjurets svans är kortare än de flesta andra kattdjurs.

• Pre-democratic patch was the best times. It's what made me come back to gw2.Now it's just a cluster of hmmmm something not good.

• Kronan.6712Kronan.6712 Member ✭✭

Thank you @lodjur.1284 @bluberblasen.9684 @aspirine.6852 for participating and for your very interesting point of view.

@aspirine.6852 Sorry I am not so clear on the point 2, I "try" to play WvW yesterday, and I saw only builds with condi or condi + power, but no builds with power only. I played one hour I think.
    So "How about those people who like condi, they don't count?" Sure, they count, but from my modest observations, power / condi is not balanced at all now.

• Virdo.1540Virdo.1540 Member ✭✭✭✭

Please give europe the tier 5 back. Its not fun anymore AND the server performance isnt good enough to remove an whole tier

• TinkTinkPOOF.9201TinkTinkPOOF.9201 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Kronan.6712 said:

People have asked for guild arena to be changed forever, nothing has been done, however this was already an issue before the patch.

Power is still top, there might be some other condi variations and some might be over performing, however those existed before the patch.

Joining fights faster was part of the problem, the maps were never made with warclaw run speed as a factor and people were able to wipe and get back FAR to fast.

@Ansau.7326 said:

@miguelsil.6324 said:
    Dear ArenaNet please ignore this post. Wvw should not be about burning someone instantly

Neither it should be running around with an unkillable build that spreads condis faster than influenza virus.

It's not even a week after patch launch and I already saw something too cancerous to care anymore about condi wars 2: Condi bunker weaver: 27k health + barriers, 2500 armor, crazy healing, perma 25 might and perma protection, able to deal +7k ticks of burning...

This was a build before the patch and was harder to deal with before the patch as well soooo......

"When you power creep the game and make it so that spam gameplay is nearly as effective as deep knowledge and nuance, the quality of players will decrease." -Exedore

• Ansau.7326Ansau.7326 Member ✭✭✭

@Ansau.7326 said:

@miguelsil.6324 said:
    Dear ArenaNet please ignore this post. Wvw should not be about burning someone instantly

Neither it should be running around with an unkillable build that spreads condis faster than influenza virus.

It's not even a week after patch launch and I already saw something too cancerous to care anymore about condi wars 2: Condi bunker weaver: 27k health + barriers, 2500 armor, crazy healing, perma 25 might and perma protection, able to deal +7k ticks of burning...

This was a build before the patch and was harder to deal with before the patch as well soooo......

It's post patch. Anyway, it doesn't change that many power builds are way less appealing as their condi versions do similar or even more damage while being way more forgiving, making it much easier for people to get carried post patch than before.
    Soooo......

RIP Chrono 10/2015 - 07/2019
    RIP Mirage 07/2017 - 02/2020

• Momekic.8603Momekic.8603 Member ✭✭

@miguelsil.6324 said:

Funny you say this, because now its a lot easier and faster to kill someone with the burn condition.

I agree with you, WvW should not be about burning someone instantly, but thats what this patch has done, so OP is right to ask to revert the patch.

• Obtena.7952Obtena.7952 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Momekic.8603 said:

@miguelsil.6324 said:

Funny you say this, because now its a lot easier and faster to kill someone with the burn condition.

I agree with you, WvW should not be about burning someone instantly, but thats what this patch has done, so OP is right to ask to revert the patch.

No he's really not because any reasonable person knows that's not going to happen.

If you're on a highway and roadrunner goes "beep beep"
    Just step aside or you might end up in a heap

• ArlAlt.1630ArlAlt.1630 Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 7, 2020

If anything, they should bring all the PvP splits into WvW.

Edit: @random person complaining about burn, there’s this Sigil that cleanses 3 condi everytime you swap weapon, look it up.

• kamikharzeeh.8016kamikharzeeh.8016 Member ✭✭✭

it's not that bad. condi strongly gained more usage, not a big fan of that personally, but power revs or mixed ones still work pretty well against mindless random zergs. the nerfs on sustain (the healing classes) did go too far however. anet coulda nerfed firebrands damageoutput to avoid people playing it offensively at all, but like it's now, we're forced to bring more sustain to keep against the nasty condispam paired with filthy cc-spam. (which is basically the new 'en vogue'-strategy for zergs) and to effectively beat that off, it got harder to cleave downed, since everything does less dmg, and clouding a zerg takes simply way more time now.

so yeah, kinda the overall slower battles result in them beeing more stressful and less loot-delivering. then again, the bigger the groups are that clash, the more u notice that literally nothing has changed at real blobsize (50+ players per group)... if over hundred players fire off their skills, the side with worse dodges and/or sustain simply dies, and it does that pretty quickly, regardless of any nerfs.

tier5 removal was the right choice. peoplewise/numberwise, the triplelinks feel overstacked, but are somehow possible to handle.

warclaw will never lose the "why is it even here"-touch... regardless of how much anet buffs or nerfs it.

• VydoLL.8714VydoLL.8714 Member ✭✭

For a player like me (playging thief since the beginning of the game, like stuff , direct damage builds and a bit of theory craft) wvw became CONDI Wars2 or SLOW Wars2 (pick your choice)

But i'm pretty sure that most the casuals players like it is now and btw that's Anet wanted too.

• easy kills for most of the profession > rotation : apply conditions, waiting the enemy cleanse it, re apply conditions, wait, he's dead.
    • easy stuff : thougness, vitality, condition most of the time. protected from direct damage builds (if its still played? not sure...) and make big ticks of conditions
    • conditions damage depends ONLY on 1 statistic to be efficient vs Direct Damage depends on 3 statistic minimum (power, precision, ferocity)
    • slow gameplay: i'am convinced that ICD has change. Fights are so slow., cd nerfed, init nerf (for thief) playing my thief now is not funny at all, i've lost all this dynamic fights i liked. To came back to this and survive i need to play condi build too (great....)
    • no more direct damage builds has been nerfed... Direct damage builds was more fun to play because of the rotation speeds, action, position to manage etc....

The game in wvw became so BORING !

• Sleepwalker.1398Sleepwalker.1398 Member ✭✭✭✭

@ArlAlt.1630 said:
    If anything, they should bring all the PvP splits into WvW.

Edit: @random person complaining about burn, there’s this Sigil that cleanses 3 condi everytime you swap weapon, look it up.

Have you even fought a condi weaver 1v1?

• Threather.9354Threather.9354 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 7, 2020

Condis not a problem largescale. Parties are literally running 4 people capable of removing decent amount of conditions.

Roaming seems kinda different tho. Tanky condi Scourges kiting until eternity and Soulbeasts everywhere.

WvW maps weren't designed for increased movementspeed. The distances between places is very small, increased movementspeed would make sense in other RvR MMOs that have bigger maps like ESO. You can't just die and be back in 15 seconds.

Riformed - Back but playing casually
    Diamond Legend
    ~Fix WvW plz~

• ArlAlt.1630ArlAlt.1630 Member ✭✭✭

@Fish.2769 said:
    ANet have already said multiple times that making the GH use sPvP and/or WvW balance instead of PvE isn't as easy to do as it sounds from a coding point of view. Yes, it makes more sense since that's realistically what the Arena in there is for but that's your answer...

Condi in small scale has been very prominent for years, people just never noticed how much because power still did so much, now power's been brought back to vanilla GW2 levels more, it stands out that much more. They've also said that they're working on bringing Condi damage down to a more manageable level like they have done with the powercreep. This patch was the first iteration, there's still more to come (Or so we've been told and we hope).

Warclaw is STILL faster than running on foot WITH swiftness, the only thing that still outpaces it is Thieves and maybe Ranger? (Not sure since the nerf to F2 Soulbeast) So from a bystander point of view, the movement speed to Warclaw isn't a big a hit as people think, they just got to used to it like they did powercreep...

Armistice Bastion disagrees with you. What you meant to say was coding the GH to use WvW/PvP stats is not profitable cuz they can't sell 1000 gem passes for it.

• Mini Crinny.6190Mini Crinny.6190 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 7, 2020

@TinkTinkPOOF.9201 said:

@Ansau.7326 said:

@Ansau.7326 said:

@miguelsil.6324 said:

It's post patch. Anyway, it doesn't change that many power builds are way less appealing as their condi versions do similar or even more damage while being way more forgiving, making it much easier for people to get carried post patch than before.
    Soooo......

The build existed in an even more OP form before the patch is what you don't seem to understand. So now that the build is less OP, we need to go back to the worse version? Not sure I understand your logic. And now you are shifting to other unnamed builds, if you are going to claim something else, be specific, general QQing does no good. State what class, build, trait and/or skill that is the issue. There are going to be many over performing builds after the patch, everyone who reads the balance threads already knew this, and your reasoning that the burn weaver is the reason to revert the patch because it is to strong when the build had more sustain before the patch makes zero sense.

The build the guy was using didn't even use ToF, so his only stunbreak was Glyph, if the opponents actually used their brain and CC chained him, he is done for its not because the build is OP it's because people do not play to the builds weakness and just want to press 1 for ez win and when it doesn't happen the build is then OP and needs to be nerfed so everyone can just spam 1 and win

Also is 27k health even possible on Ele? the amazing healing came from his support tempest he had in the same party, 7k burn ticks is lul, its one condi and Eles cant cover the conditions as well as other classes so using a cleanse would of most likely saved you

• Jski.6180Jski.6180 Member ✭✭✭✭

Torment is realty doing way too much dmg in a lower aimed dmg update.

See ELE forms and you will get my views.

• Yasai.3549Yasai.3549 Member ✭✭✭✭

WvW update is a step in the right direction.

What makes the update sour is that Anet doesn't let us test changes or anything in a PBE and we now have a slew of problems.

Condi is basically unchanged and reigning due to Power builds being unable to kill them anymore.

Stealth STILL not nerfed.

CC locking is a viable playstyle now because stability and Stunbreak nerfs.

Various builds ruined due to skill changes.

If I play a stupid build, I deserve to die.
    If I beat people on a stupid build, I deserve to get away with it.

• Sansar.1302Sansar.1302 Member ✭✭✭

would be best if they undid whole patch while they try and get it right as old balance had severe problems too, but not like this where the whole game mode broke down

• nomak.8693nomak.8693 Member ✭✭

No it wasn’t actually.
    Thanks.

• Dralor.3701Dralor.3701 Member ✭✭✭

Maybe as a roamer this is worse but the large scale fights have been much better. Think people just mad it’s harder to insta gib.

• bigo.9037bigo.9037 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Yasai.3549 said:
    WvW update is a step in the right direction.

What makes the update sour is that Anet doesn't let us test changes or anything in a PBE and we now have a slew of problems.

Condi is basically unchanged and reigning due to Power builds being unable to kill them anymore.

Stealth STILL not nerfed.

CC locking is a viable playstyle now because stability and Stunbreak nerfs.

Various builds ruined due to skill changes.

What exactly is wrong with cc lockdown builds tho? Considering CC skills now deal almost 0 dmg it seems fair to me. It's not like they have hammered down everyone's ability to run stunbreakers.

• Jski.6180Jski.6180 Member ✭✭✭✭

The question is dose full Marders cut it for power dmg vs say a cele sinstiers mix? That should be a good balancing point for wvw. As things stand i do not think it evens out. Anet needs to realy look into condi dmg as it stands or its going to get a lot worst. That or undo some of the power dmg nerfs.

See ELE forms and you will get my views.

• Yasai.3549Yasai.3549 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 8, 2020

@bigo.9037 said:

What exactly is wrong with cc lockdown builds tho? Considering CC skills now deal almost 0 dmg it seems fair to me. It's not like they have hammered down everyone's ability to run stunbreakers.

Yu are able to field way more CC which come up faster than someone can run Stunbreakers who can answer for it.

Some CC skills are also baked into Weapons and Profession mechanics.

Meanwhile, all sorts of Stunbreaks, from passive traits or from utilities, got a widespread nerf.

Result? Yu can now CC lock someone because yu can rotate two entire cooldowns of CCs before their Stunbreaks even come up.

As someone who has been abusing Kick Warrior in WvW and PvP, I know for a fact CC lockdown builds are a problem right now.
    All I do is chain Bull Rush into Kick into Shield bash into another Kick into Stomp into another Kick while weaving in some Axe autos and Axe 2s in between and just finish up with an easy Axe burst.

If I play a stupid build, I deserve to die.
    If I beat people on a stupid build, I deserve to get away with it.

• bigo.9037bigo.9037 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Yasai.3549 said:

@bigo.9037 said:

Yu are able to field way more CC which come up faster than someone can run Stunbreakers who can answer for it.

Some CC skills are also baked into Weapons and Profession mechanics.

Meanwhile, all sorts of Stunbreaks, from passive traits or from utilities, got a widespread nerf.

Result? Yu can now CC lock someone because yu can rotate two entire cooldowns of CCs before their Stunbreaks even come up.

As someone who has been abusing Kick Warrior in WvW and PvP, I know for a fact CC lockdown builds are a problem right now.
    All I do is chain Bull Rush into Kick into Shield bash into another Kick into Stomp into another Kick while weaving in some Axe autos and Axe 2s in between and just finish up with an easy Axe burst.

That build sounds hilarious.
    But.. I mean.. enemy has stunbreakers.. and dodges.. and blocks depending on class.. gap openers.. blinds.

I don't think we should be balancing game depending on how easy it is to rofl stomp noobs :)

From the Balance Patch Preview - WvW:

@Turkish Special Forces.7193 said:
    GJ ARENA NET ! you literally ruin the game no more fun in wvw servers are laggy everyone playing condi no talent begging for some1 to die their condi the game is just over for me I just bought pof 1 month ago if I knew what was gonna happen I would never buy the game...

I completely agree, this patch is a mess... and I am scare by this video https://www.twitch.tv/videos/558717619, only Zerg playing randomly, no scout, no roamer, no combo during the fights....
    The guild arena is still unplayable....

• subversiontwo.7501subversiontwo.7501 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 15, 2020

Considering how many times both developers and players have pointed out that the patch was a systemic balance patch and not a class balance patch it is getting quite entertaining to see all these threads continuing to pop up with people arguing about power and condi or whatnot.

Expect the next patch to contain condi nerfs, though perhaps more mechanic (class- and gear) oriented than systemic.
    Expect the next patch to contain CC nerfs (with potential power buffs, assuming weapons with multiple CC may be redesigned to single CC).
    Expect the next patch to contain stealth- or stealth-class utility nerfs (we are seeing a gravitation towards more thieves and less others at smaller scale).

It was pointed out several times before the big patch that balance was likely to temporarily become worse (following the small patches that dealt some positive band-aid nerfs leading up to the big patch). Take your nose out of your own build/class and corner of the box and try to understand what they are trying to do with the systems. They are laying a better foundation for everyone and most people are bound to like it better when it has settled in and had some polish. The only people who will likely not be satisfied in a slightly longer term are the people who were carried by OP stuff and want their goodies back. Some of those classes are also highly populated at different scales so they will make noise when they are brought down to size. The systemic stuff is the important stuff here though and a couple of months down the line (assuming Anet doesn't forget to work on their game again) there will likely be a better balance where less OP gimmicks cancel each other out for balance and more of a proper vanilla-like balance has been established.

• Junkpile.7439Junkpile.7439 Member ✭✭✭✭

Main thing is that they nerf support and boon share.

Low quality trolling since launch
    Seafarer's Rest EotM Hero

• Substance E.4852Substance E.4852 Member ✭✭✭✭

@subversiontwo.7501 said:
    Considering how many times both developers and players have pointed out that the patch was a systemic balance patch and not a class balance patch it is getting quite entertaining to see all these threads continuing to pop up with people arguing about power and condi or whatnot.

Expect the next patch to contain condi nerfs, though perhaps more mechanic (class- and gear) oriented than systemic.
    Expect the next patch to contain CC nerfs (with potential power buffs, assuming weapons with multiple CC may be redesigned to single CC).
    Expect the next patch to contain stealth- or stealth-class utility nerfs (we are seeing a gravitation towards more thieves and less others at smaller scale).

So exactly how many months do we need to wait for this?

Fighting a non stop sea of burn guards and condi thieves doesn't suddenly become fun just because it might finally cease at some undefined point in the future

I am so nostalgic for what "WvW" was before the "unbalanced patch of february". Nervous, fast, fun gameplay, and a hammer that did damage. And we were free to play the Warrior with direct damage too.

• well, in my opinion, the patch did a lot of good things. But some things still need a tuning/hit with the nerf hammer.
    Engi bomb damage is insane. Hit one button and do more damage than all other classes on perfect and dangerous for themselves rotation.
    Warrior gunflame can still hit for 22k+ damage. WHAT?
    Daredevil vault - 10k. Per hit. Really needs to be tone down.
    Burngard - one reflect, an you are down from burning in a sec. WHAT?
    Rangers, long range shot, barrage, sic em, etc pp. Ranger damage needs a massive nerf all across the board.

• Taobella.6597Taobella.6597 Member ✭✭✭

it would be kinda cool if guild hall arena could be set to any game mode like spvp / wvw / pve

• Sovereign.1093Sovereign.1093 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 20, 2020

@miguelsil.6324 said:

We still kill someone in 3 seconds. So the op is wrong.

Those of you who raid with us, you know how

Not Even Coverage is the Only broken thing in WVW.

• Turkeyspit.3965Turkeyspit.3965 Member ✭✭✭✭

@VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618 said:
    Engi bomb damage is insane. Hit one button and do more damage than all other classes on perfect and dangerous for themselves rotation.

Don't forget the barrier generated at the same time, giving crazy self-sustain. Literally a W + 1 style of gameplay, so long as you have someone farting stability onto you, it makes Scourge gameplay look demanding.

Also Mortar kit hits way too hard for an aoe autoattack with no coolodown, bad enough it can be used far back from the ledge so you can safely bomb people building siege.

I mean, this is nothing compared to what the game was before pre-nerf, but all you have to do is see what people bandwagon to now that didn't see play before to spot more outliers.

• Burnfall.9573Burnfall.9573 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 20, 2020

+1 shotting is returning in full force (as their core roots were never resolved in the previous wvw patch), now every Professions can +1 shot except Necromancer Profession.

In other word, there is not point in asking to undo the wvw patch because it is undoing itself because as i stated, Anet never fixed their core root problems to begin with.

Implementing band-aid fixes' as repetitive solutions, will never resolve anything.....they always find their way back as the usual and balance history proves enough of just that

'Situations that are present are there because you allow and tolerate them to continue'

• SpellOfIniquity.1780SpellOfIniquity.1780 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

@VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618 said:

Don't forget the barrier generated at the same time, giving crazy self-sustain. Literally a W + 1 style of gameplay, so long as you have someone farting stability onto you, it makes Scourge gameplay look demanding.

Also Mortar kit hits way too hard for an aoe autoattack with no coolodown, bad enough it can be used far back from the ledge so you can safely bomb people building siege.

I mean, this is nothing compared to what the game was before pre-nerf, but all you have to do is see what people bandwagon to now that didn't see play before to spot more outliers.

As much as I agree with Bomb Kit and Mortar Kit doing high damage, I also think if either receive any nerfs it should be considered how poorly they both perform outside of zergs. Bomb Kit in particular is one of the worst kits in duels or small scale because of the risk involved in it's melee requirement and how easy it is to avoid with it's cast time and fuse duration. I understand 1 v 1's and small scale are a more niche area of WvW compared to large scale but that shouldn't rule out balance in those areas either.

Changing Bomb Kit so it doesn't count as "strike" damage would definitely help to reduce it's viability with Scrapper without harming Holo or core. I think that's all it needs even if it doesn't change how easy it is to use in groups. At least it will preserve it's potential outside of large scale fights by keeping it's melee power.

I just feel that nerfing the damage too much would be like giving Reaper 1k auto attacks in Shroud. It already has to risk being in melee range with easy to punish/avoid attacks, it should have the benefit of being dangerous to compensate for that or it becomes completely useless.

Or, Bomb Kit could be reworked to be entirely a Condition kit, but that would also mean buffing the Conditions it already applies and I get the feeling a lot of people wouldn't like that idea either.

I'm not even going to discuss Mortar Kit. It has an absurdly slow projectile arc that's almost constantly reflected in large scale and is entirely a utility kit in small scale/1 v 1. Sure, sometimes you can get away with lobbing them in to a group doing a bunch of damage when no one is reflecting, but I mean how often is that really a problem? I do this often and 99% of the time it only has any effect when a group is already wiping and I'm bombing the weak spots to put the survivors in down state. Besides that, I do more damage to myself on Retaliation/reflects or do none at all.

[YWY] Weeping Valley //
    My Youtube: Coconut Racecar
    Necromancer | Maguuma | Diamond Legend

• Hello everyone :)

@Jski.6180 said:
    Torment is realty doing way too much dmg in a lower aimed dmg update.

Do not worry about that, no one at Arenanet will read this post, or any other posts.

• subversiontwo.7501subversiontwo.7501 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 25, 2020

Ed. I just realized that this was an old thread that had been necroed and I had already responded to it, haha. Oh well, I'll let this sit here anway :3 .

I'll give Kronan one thing though: They are surely taking their time with iterating upon condition balance. I would have assumed it to be polished by now.

Other than that I don't think my post in march contradicts this one in any way. Systemic balance is better, choices made impacts more. Class balance is more highlighted, not necessarily worse but certainly sees more attention (which doesn't have to be a bad thing if the obvious cracks get fixed in due time).

@Kronan.6712 said:

You're right that the february patch mucked up the GH arena but I think you are confusing the years. It was the february 2017 patch that was the deathknell of the GH arena seeing any regular use B). I agree with the sentiment nevertheless. ArenaNet have mentioned that it is difficult for them to implement WvW physics in the GH arena. However, it is also rather ridiculous that they have not been able to come up with an equal or better alternative to GH in 5 years. It can not be beyond them to create some kind of space with WvW physics and some measure of instance ownership control to stave off griefing so players can run player-made tournaments and events again. This is clearly one of those things that are down to ArenaNet not caring about their own game and players enough. From any objective clean-slate point, creaing such an environment is not difficult, especially not one where demands are so low.

Hasn't this remark had so many holes poked in it already that it is looking like a sieve by now? There are still power builds out there who can take 50-75% of a typical HP pool (under combat conditions with might and vulnurability flaring up higher than protection there are even situations where significant damage like that is done to tanky builds like support tanks). That doesn't mean that the current patch doesn't have balance issues: It does. There are some condition builds or tank-relatives that are overpowered right now (Revs, Shadow forms etc.) and the changes to CC-damage also impacted smaller-scale balance and roaming class popularity quite alot, in a way that made small-scale roaming less diverse. However, power can still do suficient damage even at smaller scale, larger scale is arguably better balanced now (even if it is still range-dominated) and there are certainly things you could have said about smaller-scale balance before the patch too (eg., the patch may have hit classes like Warriors far more than classes like Thief and Thief was already dominant, but Warriors have also traditionally been part of a very dominant trio or quartet of classes for small-scale or roaming content and they are now more in line with alot of other things - helping shine a more clear light on the balance issues that remain).

This difference between friendly and hostile territories that you mention also always came with balance issues, same as any change that may throw engagement balance PvP. When the Warclaw outpaced all builds on foot, it made larger groups even more powerful relative smaller groups and it was compounded by hometurf advantages that just deincentivized smaller groups from attacking things and creating content that way. It was simply bad for the mode, giving it less content.