DE issues in wvw — Guild Wars 2 Forums

DE issues in wvw

So im not sure how much you are aware but after killing most of roaming builds (especially for war mains) anet didnt do much to do same for already broken DE. Class that daze and hit for 10k from hide, and able to go hide insta after is still promoting bad unfun play. Rise of de is showing that clearly. Any chance that anyone is looking into this ?

Comments

• Tuna Bandit.3786Tuna Bandit.3786 Member ✭✭✭

Here we go again: Anet should NOT have killed Roaming.
    The problem does not lie with the DE.
    In order to hit THAT hard as you suggest, we need to run glass. VERY glass.

The problem lies with zerging killing Roaming. Who wants to roam (other than with a deadeye) if you're basically instantly steamrolled the minute a zerg spots you?

I can go on right now... go roaming into enemy territory and record how I will be steamrolled (GARUANTEED) if I don't have stealth capabilities.
    That video will litterly without editing be max 5 minutes.

Nerve DE, and you nerved one of the last real roaming classes, and with that... the death of WvW.

What you really need to do, is learn how to counter a DE. As many said before: If you know how to counter a DE, you can win relatively easy.

• Sir Vincent III.1286Sir Vincent III.1286 Member ✭✭✭✭

@VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618 said:
    so what? you are glass? Does not matter because you are stealthed up and highly mobile. Being glass means NOTHING on a class that can engage and disengage at will and without any risk for itself.

Try glass ele. THAT is real glass. And does mediocre damage in comparism.

Got hit by a 10k vault today. Really balanced. Really, really balanced.

Thief needs to be either nuked with the nerf hammer or stealth has to be removed from the game.

Thieves in all their variants are not 'roaming' classes. They are ganking classes. That simple. If one thing has killed 'roaming' which I see a lot btw, it is ganking.

If roaming with a glass DE is without risk...more people would be playing the class ganking each other. That is not what's happening.

Also, trying to compare a glass Elementalist to a glass Thief won't help your case either. Elementalist can be as fragile as glass one moment and be as hard as steel in the next moment. Thief has access to 10 weapons skills while Elementalist has access to 20 weapon skills, 5 skills per element, 24 skills with weaver -- and you think that you can compare the two? Really? There is no risk running an Elementalist, they are the most versatile profession in the game.

In the beginning...there was Tarnished Coast...

• Can we get the thief nerf threads consolidated? There's 2 or 3 of these in the actual WvW forum at the moment, and this one has already gone from DE discussion to general thief discussion.

• Yasai.3549Yasai.3549 Member ✭✭✭✭

DE didn't kill roaming.

Anet killed everything that roamed except Thief.

And since they technically survived the massive nerf meteor, they are more or less the Apex predator of the roaming scene.

And these days, yu see Thieves in zergs too, with their 1200 range Scorpion Wire and just Vault spam on yu.

Thieves are the cockroaches that survived the meteor and are now the Alphas.

If I play a stupid build, I deserve to die.
    If I beat people on a stupid build, I deserve to get away with it.

• DemonSeed.3528DemonSeed.3528 Member ✭✭✭✭

Can't say I agree with that. Playing in multiple servers in both na/eu I only see thieves non-solo. For every 1 thief I come across there is at least five of something else. I still see mesmers trying to get their builds working but many fail to do so, but that could also just be newer players. I actually see a lot more warriors, necros, rangers, revs, guardians , and to some extent engis, running around especially on borderlands. I would even say there's a lack of thieves, but that's just my view from no-lifing it in as many time zones as I can in multiple servers.

• alain.1659alain.1659 Member ✭✭✭

In my server everywhere is full of condi thieves followed by boonbeasts and condi weavers. Life is boring.

• DemonSeed.3528DemonSeed.3528 Member ✭✭✭✭

Which matchup/region? I might be able to check it out

• @VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618 said:
    so what? you are glass? Does not matter because you are stealthed up and highly mobile. Being glass means NOTHING on a class that can engage and disengage at will and without any risk for itself.

Try glass ele. THAT is real glass. And does mediocre damage in comparism.

Got hit by a 10k vault today. Really balanced. Really, really balanced.

Thief needs to be either nuked with the nerf hammer or stealth has to be removed from the game.

Thieves in all their variants are not 'roaming' classes. They are ganking classes. That simple. If one thing has killed 'roaming' which I see a lot btw, it is ganking.

How do you nuke something with a hammer?

• Eramonster.2718Eramonster.2718 Member ✭✭✭✭

@kiranslee.4829 said:
    So im not sure how much you are aware but after killing most of roaming builds (especially for war mains) anet didnt do much to do same for already broken DE. Class that daze and hit for 10k from hide, and able to go hide insta after is still promoting bad unfun play. Rise of de is showing that clearly. Any chance that anyone is looking into this ?

Stealthed, what's there to look at? :tongue:

• Nimon.7840Nimon.7840 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Tuna Bandit.3786 said:
    Here we go again: Anet should NOT have killed Roaming.
    The problem does not lie with the DE.
    In order to hit THAT hard as you suggest, we need to run glass. VERY glass.

Yeah maybe. But that doesn't even matter. Because de can just go invis again.
    And can't be hit by most skills anymore.

While de can build full glass. Other classes can't, else they're oneshot by everything else, cause they don't have a mechanic that prevents all damage Other than area damage and there's like no area damage skill, that can solely oneshot a deadeye.

The problem lies with zerging killing Roaming. Who wants to roam (other than with a deadeye) if you're basically instantly steamrolled the minute a zerg spots you?

I can go on right now... go roaming into enemy territory and record how I will be steamrolled (GARUANTEED) if I don't have stealth capabilities.
    That video will litterly without editing be max 5 minutes.

If you really want to know, what getting steamrolled means, go play necro sand go solo for enemy territory.

Nerve DE, and you nerved one of the last real roaming classes, and with that... the death of WvW.

Well there's still Daredevil. And right now, thief is the class, that can run away from any other class or mount user. So if you drop below 50%, just run away and try again after resetting.

What you really need to do, is learn how to counter a DE. As many said before: If you know how to counter a DE, you can win relatively easy.

If deadeye was as immobile as a necro, I'd agree with you on your points. But right now thief has one of the highest single target damage in the game, combined with the highest mobility, combined with an insane mechanic, that can be used offensively, as well as defensive, with only very very little counterplay to it, and also having the ability to counter some of the counterplay (reveal).

• FrownyClown.8402FrownyClown.8402 Member ✭✭✭

DE should never have been a stealth profession. It's far too safe to run full zerker gear

• Fat Disgrace.4275Fat Disgrace.4275 Member ✭✭✭✭

You can punish a de hard the moment they dodge, any channelled attack will track, including spectral grasp (nec) magnet (engie) bulls charge (war) they will immediately use shadow step and that is their primary stunbreak gone. Sure it's easier said then done.