FFS fix this goddamn pets coefficients already

storm.3120

Getting autoattacked by freaking bird for 3400 (because it hit twice,surprise) on light armor is ridiculous, its slightly less than getting mauled.F2 thats another story,hitting harder than maul and thanks to stupid thing as spammable maul its getting just insane (add sic em for 11k hits that only DE can achieve or zerk MoC mauls which is dumb too). Randomly getting hit by swoop on 6s cd? For 6.6k ... Thats next level BS.And all that with zero visual tell or whatsoever.Ranger can just run around while this pet literally does all the job. Ye, trying to kill the bird with all damage nerf around but not ranger (very wise /s) and waste your burst and he would just swap to another pet, genius level advices, keep it for yourself.What you see on the screen is just 3 pet autos because they hit twice. Just a reminder. Played it myself a lot lately, core ranger is legit stupid at the moment.I hope, I dont need to record a stupid video showing how bird auto-attacking people or F2 40-50% of their health?Om99yX5.jpghttps://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/1169486/#Comment_1169486https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Slash_(bird) Damage (2x): 842 (3.168)https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Swoop_(bird) Damage: 731 (2.75)https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Chilling_Slash Damage (2x): 1,462 (5.5)And other pets too, like gazelle still charged 8.100 after patch on marauder DH. Like, why it was left out?

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We can have a genuine discussion about random attacks from pets doing crazy damage or CC, that is surely an issue. However do not complain about an F2, as the ranger is controlling that.

That bird will literally die in a fraction of a single second. Now, if you were fighting an SlB, that's an issue because the SlB can just res the bird by merging so we can have a discussion about that if you want. However I'm going to assume that the ranger was core, as core rangers typically are running with birds and cats.

I'm going to be real with you. I don't want to come across as condescending because I'm sure you're a great player, however, I play -nothing- but glass builds on multiple classes and have never in my entire life in recent memory on this game been killed by a pet.

With one exception, I have been rando-charged by deer on a few occasions which dazed and killed me for a billion damage. I have mentioned on forums why deer's wonky AI and unpredictability with huge damage and CC is a problem on such a tanky pet, so I'm not ranger-stanning, I point out problems I see. But dying to a bird? Really? Birds literally just circle and whiff the air 50% of the time they are out lol.

I totally get your frustration though and if you want to have ANET do a complete overhaul of pets to make their non-F2s do nothing substantial in terms of damage or CC since they are passive, I could go for that change as long as you fix pet AI and survivability.

I doubt this will ever happen as people have been complaining about Crazy Pet damage vs bad AI since the day this game was released.

@Madisonlee.9641 said:Forum moderators are insane with their bleaching of this forum so I'll try to talk to you as if I'm conversing with my own grandmother before I'm forum banned for pointing out people's lack of skill.Dont care what would you say after that.Pretend further that bird dies instant, its not, only thing it dies instant is insanely massive burn application or conditions and even then I SWAP MY PET BEFORE IT DIES and you just wasted your burst into nowhere, congrats, Darwin approves

@ArlAlt.1630 said:@Odik.4587 Talk about dedication. Side note, were you trying to get hit by the pet or is this Melded?What do you mean? Was I intentionally tanking that, of course not. I tried to kill the ranger and thats how it always ends You target the pet and let ranger freecast LB(or axe whatever)/GS on you. You are trying to kill ranger and he goes defensive mode with stealth/blocks.

@Odik.4587 said:

@ArlAlt.1630 said:@Odik.4587 Talk about dedication. Side note, were you trying to get hit by the pet or is this Melded?What do you mean? Was I intentionally tanking that, of course not. I tried to kill the ranger and thats how it always ends You target the pet and let ranger freecast LB(or axe whatever)/GS on you. You are trying to kill ranger and he goes defensive mode with stealth/blocks.

Were you on Mirage? Cuz your odds of beating a Ranger on Mirage are astronomically high (Mine is north of 85% so I guess over 65% on average).

@Odik.4587 said:

@Madisonlee.9641 said:Forum moderators are insane with their bleaching of this forum so I'll try to talk to you as if I'm conversing with my own grandmother before I'm forum banned for
pointing out people's lack of skill.
Dont care what would you say after that.Pretend further that bird dies instant, its not, only thing it dies instant is insanely massive burn application or conditions and even then I SWAP MY PET BEFORE IT DIES and you just wasted your burst into nowhere, congrats, Darwin approves

DIdn't you say you were running a marauder DH? One true shot should one shot the bird o.O And if the ranger is sharp enough to see you true shotting his baby and switches in time, that bird deserves to live gosh darnit!

Anyways like I said I get your frustration. Back in the day I would complain about a ton of things in this game. Then I realized I was just getting salty about things that killed me. Now when I die to something I realize I was just outplayed, outskilled, snuck up on and rekt, etc. Very few things in this game are OP to the point of breaking the high tier play, and I'll let the high tier players make those balance calls and I think that devs should listen to those players rather than forum randos like us.

They can nerf the modifiers by 50% and you'll still die because you ate all of that on marauders amulet. Try running some toughness, protection, weakness, and blind in your build.

After a core ranger pet swaps, you have 16 seconds to kill a 16k HP bird. It can't condi clear for itself, so if you apply some weakness or damaging condis on it, they are going to tick out for their entire durations. The ranger can't condi clear the pet either because the clear from traited Survival utilities only affects the player. After you do this, the ranger becomes essentially useless for the next 40 seconds and after he pet swaps again, you can just kill it once more to shut the ranger down indefinitely.

If the player is running markmanship and beastmastery on soulbeast to hit these numbers, that means he has no condi clear outside of bear stance every 30 seconds. So, applying weakness to the pet is still very effective and the player should be easy to kill with condis after using his heal.

@ArlAlt.1630 said:

Were you on Mirage? Cuz your odds of beating a Ranger on Mirage are astronomically high (Mine is north of 85% so I guess over 65% on average).Highly doubt mirage freewins ranger. But yes, power onedodgeman. I did play ranger myself lately and not even single
condi
mirage was a problem for me, like at all. Seen 1 power mirage with plat badge on it, I didnt noticed how he died to bird

@Odik.4587 said:

Were you on Mirage? Cuz your odds of beating a Ranger on Mirage are astronomically high (Mine is north of 85% so I guess over 65% on average).Highly doubt mirage freewins ranger. But yes, power onedodgeman, and no. I did play ranger myself lately and not even single
condi
mirage was a problem for me, like at all. Seen 1 power mirage with plat badge on it, I didnt noticed how he died to bird

I really wish you had an NA account so we can do some proper testingEdit: I don't suppose I can Curunen you towards the dark side, can I? :smiley:

Does anyone else feel aggravated when they log on to the forums and just read people's demands for unnecessary nerfs - like nerfs that literally call for a complete kill for your class? Like taking an already stupidly weak part of what's built into your class and then wanting to destroy it more?

Furthermore, has anyone killed a "competent" person with a pet outside of smoke assault to finish them, a leap from a cat, or random deer headbutts? How afk does a person need to play to get killed by a bird WHILE getting hit by Every. Single. Strike. of smoke assault + right after a slow ass maul?

OP, forgive me - not trying to pick on you or be offensive it's just this post was so stupid it actually triggered me.

@Eurantien.4632 said:If you get hit by 6 pet autos we shouldn't be taking balance advice from you.Not from you either, you dont know and apparently cant read thats it 3 :joy:Good response and clearly shows that damage coefficients should stay way above than players. Ye you clearly proved that damage from the AI is fine too ! /s

Instead a low effort balance deleting active gameplay options, skill ceiling, tactical deepness and mechanical complexity from classes/ elites they should give Soulbeast the pets swap back, delete the ability to revive pets with merging and rework pets into an utility source instead being about big dmg for all Ranger specs. They can have very slight dmg but no hard cc on passive skills (only on f2 with good animation and casttime on pet). If Soulbeast will be too strong because of the more buttons it has access to you can give stat penalty for the Soulbeast and adjust cds on pet and merge skills (like Soulbeasts get 20% cd on pet skills, -200 power etc. as part of the new trade off). In case Rangers overall have too less dmg when pets are no big dmg-soure anymore you also can compensate the Rangerskills or traits with more dmg and lower their boon- and effect-application because that will be moved to the pet. Something i also suggested for clones on Mesmer for the same reasons. Npcs on passive skills should never do remarkable dmg. That is rly simple balance logic when you want a skillful class build around npcs.

@Madisonlee.9641 said:

@Madisonlee.9641 said:Forum moderators are insane with their bleaching of this forum so I'll try to talk to you as if I'm conversing with my own grandmother before I'm forum banned for
pointing out people's lack of skill.
Dont care what would you say after that.Pretend further that bird dies instant, its not, only thing it dies instant is insanely massive burn application or conditions and even then I SWAP MY PET BEFORE IT DIES and you just wasted your burst into nowhere, congrats, Darwin approves

DIdn't you say you were running a marauder DH? One true shot should one shot the bird o.O And if the ranger is sharp enough to see you true shotting his baby and switches in time, that bird deserves to live gosh darnit!

Anyways like I said I get your frustration. Back in the day I would complain about a ton of things in this game. Then I realized I was just getting salty about things that killed me. Now when I die to something I realize I was just outplayed, outskilled, snuck up on and rekt, etc. Very few things in this game are OP to the point of breaking the high tier play, and I'll let the high tier players make those balance calls and I think that devs should listen to those players rather than forum randos like us.

On the other hand, it's a new meta that is still developing and it's a certainty that some things will be out of whack. Anecdotal, but last night I queued for a few rounds and had 2-4 rangers in every match. Do you want to know what pets they were all running?

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:Who the hell stands there and gets dunked on by an Eagle?

I'm not sure what Death Breakdowns capture. I think OP said it was 3 autos that hit twice each. I'm going to assume he wasn't just standing there eating 3 bird autos. Could it have been 3 more or less random autos during the moments leading up to death? Maybe while CC'd or during downstate? The point being that these are pet autos hitting that hard. Just wondering.

@ollbirtan.2915 said:Just dodge?

Imagine having two dodges. :\