wvw legendary armors

Keviin Snow.5760

1095 ticket to get the legendary war insight x 6 = 6570 Tickets + 1310 ( ascended set = 7880 Tickets
each week MAX 375 Tickets
1500 tickets per month , Min take 5 1/2 Months to get enough Tickets for wvw Legendary ,

unlike other , you have to wait for the tickets , you cant get anymore
i wish Anet would lower the legendary war insight

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't mind a cost reduction but I also kinda like that people don't see WvW as the game mode to farm Legendary armor in. Last thing we need is more Pip Farmers sitting around repairing walls and avoiding fights while they farm Skimish Tickets. If anything I'd like to see them increase the amount of Skirmish Tickets we can get to like 550 or something a week instead of reducing costs to reward more time spent in WvW.

I don't know. I am kind of split. It would be nice to be able to earn it in less time but earning it should also be a result of investment. Reduce the cost too much and 1/3 of the people are going to be running around with legendary armor. While this isn't inherently bad, the legendary armor gives people something to work at. Once they have earned it they have less reason to come into WvW.

As anecdotal evidence, I played WvW once or twice a week before the pip system. Pip system came in and I needed to play a lot more every week to complete the diamond track to get tickets. I completed Warbringer and my play time plummeted back to where it was before the pip system. I am on a core account so I don't have access to legendary armor. I have unlocked the only legendary I can and the need to play to earn tickets has waded as the incentive to earn them is not there.

While you might say people that are playing WvW because they find it fun will still stick around and we can get all of the noob ticket leeching, spawn baby, wall watching scrubs out of WvW so the real players can get back to work. I think the rewards are needed to keep people around and keep fresh blood coming in. There needs to be a balance found between having tickets obtainable while not seeming to daunting that there is no point in every trying to earn them. I think the current earn rate reflects that. They make legendary an obtainable long term goal while at the same time if legendary is not on your radar you can still use the tickets to earn ascended gear and other items. In fact, by doing strictly WvW I think I would earn all the tickets to be able to make legendary armor before I would earn the gold and other resources.

It's a bit strange, the time involved is so high, especially when you still need the crafted marks on top of that. I could understand the time if the time was getting all the materials, but the materials for making the marks aren't even WvW specific, for the two tiers of ascended gear. That's not even getting to the legendaries themselves. Even if you leave the legendary investment itself the same, the two existing tiers (two, why are there two?) of ascended prior take a ridiculous amount of time. The cost isn't the issue, it's the time investment, and I get some people will say the investment and cost are the same thing but for a game that was meant to be more casual, that requires a lot of time spent WvWing.

The thing is, getting the material itself isn't really challenging or hard, WvW itself is fun, but, depending on your life situation, it could take months, or years of just playing WvW as you have time. It's true you'd probably get it faster in PvE, but I really don't see it as an either or situation. PvE could take less, the same or more time, and I'd still consider the time involved too high. I say that as someone that's pretty happy with just ascended gear though, legendaries are pure luxury. I don't need them, but, the time involved keeps me from even bothering, I'd rather WvW because I enjoy it than spend masses of time in it and burn out because I was after the legendaries, and that is what I see people going for them doing, burning out because they're hitting it so hard to attempt to shorten the time involved - and that's sad.

I'd like it if you could combine your ascended armors/weapons into one set that then allows you to select the stats for any of the armors/weapons that you previously crafted or received as a drop. Saves space mostly, and easier to shift on the fly and hopefully coordinate better with swapping runes/sigils as well. It can be "Legendary Lite"...:)

@Sylvyn.4750 said:I'd like it if you could combine your ascended armors/weapons into one set that then allows you to select the stats for any of the armors/weapons that you previously crafted or received as a drop. Saves space mostly, and easier to shift on the fly and hopefully coordinate better with swapping runes/sigils as well.I'd be wary of anything that allows on-the-fly build shifting. It leaves a lot of room for abuse by Thieves and gliding. If I just picked a fight with someone whose build counters mine, I could escape out of combat, quickly change my build, then reengage.

I honestly don't mind the wait, it gives time for building up mats and whatnot in-between armor pieces. However, I do think they should have just made all the legendary armor have the same legendary armor skin. Especially since the cost is the same and time investment is comparable. Granted, I know the PVE crowd would lose their collective shit over it. Heaven forbid.

I find that the cost are ok, I don't max out tickets each week but I haven't played WvW for years for the rewards anyways. Anything time gated as a pain but sometimes its necessary. The legendary armor is a way late addition to the game that as overlooked in development 6-7 years ago. If this system was released at launch then the conversation today would be something like "Its takes a while but thousands of players have gotten their legendary armor this way you can as well" Not going to lie, there would be a lot of complaints back then as well.

Alot of the unique legendaries are requirement more of a time investment than gold. After 3 years of wvw we got reward tracks something that pvp got 2 years before that. After 4year in wvw we finally get high end rewards. All legendary armors should be unique so other players can notice what someone have been spending most of their time on. The pvp and wvw armor should be slightly updated since we can make legendary versions of them now.

@Keviin Snow.5760 said:1095 ticket to get the legendary war insight x 6 = 6570 Tickets + 1310 ( ascended set = 7880 Tickets

each week MAX 375 Tickets

1500 tickets per month , Min take 5 1/2 Months to get enough Tickets for wvw Legendary ,

unlike other , you have to wait for the tickets , you cant get anymore

i wish Anet would lower the legendary war insight

in about 1.5 years we can have one for each armor class!

@OriOri.8724 said:Yea. ANet has a huge kitten for making WvW rewards take absolute ages to acquire due to the ticket cap. It's a design choice I fundamentally disagree with, as its time gating for the purpose of timegating. No other reason for it.

Timegating these huge mat sinks makes sense as it stretches demand for the mats over time. If there were no timegates on legendary armor, we would have seen alot of materials spike in price upon release.

This is why you mix 4 pieces of PVP (you get 2 pieces per season) + 2 pieces of wvw.

For one week PVP you have the shards + everything else for 2 pieces. After the season ends you wait for the next season and after the 1st week of it you get the other 2 pieces. Meanwhile, you can probably get the diamond chest in wvw for 2-3 days (if you are new with low rank) and 1-2 days if your rank is high.

This way you get a full set of legendary armor for 3-4 months.

@Junkpile.7439 said:Probably won't do it because it cost like kitten. Just not worth it.

The total mats cost of the full set is 3k gold. 500g a piece for a legendary and you are telling me it is not worth it?

Tell me which 6 pieces of legendary weapons/trinket/backpack will be cheaper and you can make faster?

Yeahhh.. everything else is worth it, just not the legendary armor set xD

First of all, I'm a vet WvW player.

I think you guys are wrong. 6 months its not that long to get a "get once and forget" reward.Tickets are earned without doing anything special if you just play WvW everyday for 2-3 hours. No anoying farms whatsoever.

In addition don't forget to take the bigger picture. Now you can obtain legendary armor fron 3 different sides and none of them interfere with each other so, if legendary armor is your goal, you could severely reduce the time to obtain a full set to maybe 2-3 months.

Anet is thinking is GW2 game as a whole thing. 6 months? I think its a gift. Look what happened to, pve raiding, how long they had to raid till they finally got their precious armor?

We should be happy no matter what, and say thanks to Anet for one of their few good ideas related to wvw in the last 4-5years

One thing to keep in mind as well is that these nearly 6 months for the Legendary WvW armor are really only achievable if you play 5 hours of nothing but WvW each day for that duration, have near permanent outnumbered or have farmed WvW Rank to the thousands in the past, otherwise it will take easily a year for one set of armor.

So I really think people worried about new (casual) people coming into the game mode (oh no!) just to (semi afk) farm a quick Legendary armor, even if costs were cut in half or rewards doubled are out of touch.I think those players will either get bored after a month or two of semi afk'ing for hours every single day, or enjoy the game mode and become actual WvW players and an asset to their server regardless.

A casual player who maybe can spare 3 hours twice a week on the weekends or an hour every day to play WvW will take what? Over 2 years for one set of armor?

Considering the whole point of Legendary WvW Armor is to improve the way you play the game mode by allowing you to build swap much more easily, I feel in the current system, anyone but the absolute most hardcore near 10000 Rank players will be burned out by the time they get it, while most others will probably leave the game mode earlier for greener pastures like Fractals and just gear up there with 10+ Ascended sets in half the time and probably stick to that gamemode.

Even as a semi hardcore WvW player finishing between Plat and Diamond most weeks, with things like PoF and other games coming up that I want to experience, I don't see myself getting one armor set in less than a year.I play the game mode for the sake of it though, and did so since launch. I don't see this current system attracting many new players, at least not until they get out their calculator and check how long anything takes to get in WvW.

@bOTEB.1573 said:

The total mats cost of the full set is 3k gold. 500g a piece for a legendary and you are telling me it is not worth it?

Tell me which 6 pieces of legendary weapons/trinket/backpack will be cheaper and you can make faster?

Yeahhh.. everything else is worth it, just not the legendary armor set xD

Trinkets are trivial to obtain with the LS3 maps. The only reason to ever have a full set of them (assuming that's ever possible) will be for the cosmetics which is also the main reason the weapons cost so much to make.

WvW legendary doesn't even look different. It's just the T3 armor with variable stats in the only game mode where that really matters.

I'm pretty sure the PvE crowd would be up in arms if they got served legendary armor that was just purple text refined envoy armor.

Archived