How can I "unfollow" a thread to no longer receive notifications?

Nyel.1843

If you have "Notify me when people comment on discussions I've participated in" enabled, once you've commented in a thread there is not a way to exclude notifications for them individually. You will forever be notified of a new comment to any thread you've ever commented in.

With the options that are available, and the lack of a thread 'Following' list, we need to instead treat the 'Bookmarks' list as a 'Following' list and selectively 'Follow' (Bookmark) individual threads if you want notifications of new comments in them. This also makes it so you can 'Follow' a thread without being required to make a comment in the thread so it gets tracked.

In your 'Preferences' (gear icon in the bar at the top right):

• Disable "Notify me when people comment on discussions I've participated in."
  • Enable "Notify me when people comment on my bookmarked discussions."
  • Manually hit the 'Bookmark' icon at the top right when inside of a thread, or to the far right in the thread listing to 'Follow' only threads that you temporarily want to enable notifications for.
  • You can then remove the 'Bookmark' if you no longer have interest in notifications for comments in that discussion (via the same bookmark button or in your full bookmark list).

It isn't the greatest of options, but due to not having a 'Follow' list, we need to do what we can with what we have available to us. In this case, it means utilizing the 'Bookmarked Threads' function as a 'Temporarily Following' list.

@StinVec.3621 said:It isn't the greatest of options, but due to not having a 'Follow' list, we need to do what we can with what we have available to us. In this case, it means utilizing the 'Bookmarked Threads' function as a 'Temporarily Following' list.

Indeed. Better than nothing (which is what we had on the old forums), but not as good as an editable "following" list.

Archived