Condtion Damage Multiplier

Following the most recent update I was noticing that while the number of conditions applied reduced frequently, the maximum stacks is still 1500. That seems to be a bit of overkill. I mean...how much can you bleed really?
Is there any chance we could at least see the multiplier evened out from 2.2 to 2.0?And the damage per addition stack going from 22 down to 20?It seems trivial, but it should be matching whole numbers the say the Power based traits are.It would also tone them down JUST a notch.

@Malavian.4695 said:Following the most recent update I was noticing that while the number of conditions applied reduced frequently, the maximum stacks is still 1500. That seems to be a bit of overkill. I mean...how much can you bleed really?

Is there any chance we could at least see the multiplier evened out from 2.2 to 2.0?And the damage per addition stack going from 22 down to 20?It seems trivial, but it should be matching whole numbers the say the Power based traits are.It would also tone them down JUST a notch.

The maximum stack limit is there to limit how many stacks multiple players can apply to a single target. While it may seem like overkill in app or even WvW, consider this on owPvE: A condiSoulbeast can reasonably stack 50+ bleeds. If, for whatever reason, there's 30 players running condiSoulbeast in an owPvE meta, you've just maxed the limit.

Also, it's a holdover from release when the limit was 25, until the reworked conditions so that they actually viable.

With regards to the multiplier, power has similar multipliers in the formula already. Skill coefficients are are usually set in the form of X.XX, just like conditions. Is there any gameplay reason why (conditions) should be toned down?

@Diak Atoli.2085 said:

With regards to the multiplier, power has similar multipliers in the formula already. Skill coefficients are are usually set in the form of X.XX, just like conditions. Is there any gameplay reason why (conditions) should be toned down?

With the change to Power payouts, I see a lot of people switching to condi builds in my group. It would be nice to see that the balance in build selection is continued rather than having one dominate above others.

@Funky.4861 said:There will always be one optimal build for any given scenario, no matter how narrow the gap is to the next build.Power benefits from ferocity, condition damage does not. Unless you can condi-burst, power builds kill things faster.

In zerg fights condi bursting is an issue especially when the siege weapons drop a 10 or 20 stack on you. I guess the other baseless rationale I have is the idea that the system would have an easier time multiplying by 2.0 and 20 than 2.2 and 22. Maybe I could see a little less lag in mass zerg fights.

It would have been nice if you specified that you were referring to wvw, as no other mode has siege or the potential for more than 5 players to condi-bomb. In saying that though, if 5 players condi-bomb, no-one is going to survive that, just like no-one would survive 5 players power-bursting them down.

I agree with the multiplier idea, but i don't know how much impact it would have in real-time.