Learn more about your journey in "Visions of the Past: Steel and Fire."

One thing about this bothers me. For those of us in guilds, our guild halls should be our activity hub. It's fine to add these things elsewhere in the game for guildless players or those that prefer not to use halls, but this content seems like it would be a perfect addition to the guild hall.

Anet -please remember that the game is about more than just the shiny new thing. There are existing areas and "hubs" that could use a little love.

@"Blaeys.3102" said:One thing about this bothers me. For those of us in guilds, our guild halls should be our activity hub. It's fine to add these things elsewhere in the game for guildless players or those that prefer not to use halls, but this content seems like it would be a perfect addition to the guild hall.

Anet -please remember that the game is about more than just the shiny new thing. There are existing areas and "hubs" that could use a little love.

If they were going to retouch old content as an activity hub it would likely be our home instances. As you say, not every player is in a guild with a hall, and if they used guild halls for it they'd need to place the content in three separate guild halls as well as build a new non-guild place for non-guild players to experience it in. At that point they're developing a new place AND having to retrofit three halls, so it'd be less resource intensive to just retrofit five home instances. Another problem with adding new content to guild halls is that there are already decorations everywhere in people's guild halls, so finding a way to place the new content without them being obscured by decorations and such becomes an issue. Pretty much any place you could put a new NPC, there's a guild somewhere that has a decoration literally on top of that spot. You could just move any decorations overlapping new NPCs to storage, but that runs the risk of doing things like breaking racetracks and making people mad.

That being said I would love for them to build out ONE hub that EVERYBODY could use and just keep updating that with new content instead of having to come up with a new hub every season. It would have to be something core-game players could access as well, otherwise you'd run the risk of needing to go there in season X but not having access because you don't have season X-1, where it was introduced. Maybe an instanced version of Fort Trinity or something?

@"KwanPerng"I think this message to a community is so enjoyable.<3 It's like a little note that will accompany the gift that will arrive next week. <3With a feeling that the team that has developed contains itself is proud of what it has accomplished.

@eduardo.1436 said:Good article but I feel that the mention of LW Seaon 1 being replayable especially through the scrying pool would've been nice. I am so happy and excited to play Season 1 again :)

If that will be via the Scrying Pool. Nothing has actually confirmed that. If it's not, that actually gives me more hope for further LS1 added in a way that can actually be integrated into the Story Journal.

Now, I expect it actually will be via the Scrying Pool, but a part of me hope it's not.

@foozlesprite.8051 said:

@"Blaeys.3102" said:One thing about this bothers me. For those of us in guilds, our guild halls should be our activity hub. It's fine to add these things elsewhere in the game for guildless players or those that prefer not to use halls, but this content seems like it would be a perfect addition to the guild hall.

If they were going to retouch old content as an activity hub it would likely be our home instances. As you say, not every player is in a guild with a hall, and if they used guild halls for it they'd need to place the content in three separate guild halls as well as build a new non-guild place for non-guild players to experience it in. At that point they're developing a new place AND having to retrofit three halls, so it'd be less resource intensive to just retrofit five home instances. Another problem with adding new content to guild halls is that there are already decorations everywhere in people's guild halls, so finding a way to place the new content without them being obscured by decorations and such becomes an issue. Pretty much any place you could put a new NPC, there's a guild somewhere that has a decoration literally on top of that spot. You could just move any decorations overlapping new NPCs to storage, but that runs the risk of doing things like breaking racetracks and making people mad.

That being said I would love for them to build out ONE hub that EVERYBODY could use and just keep updating that with new content instead of having to come up with a new hub every season. It would have to be something core-game players could access as well, otherwise you'd run the risk of needing to go there in season X but not having access because you don't have season X-1, where it was introduced. Maybe an instanced version of Fort Trinity or something?

This could easily be the guild hall. There is a hub for guild hall resources - without the hall - already in Lion's Arch. I forget what it's called, but it would work perfectly for those without guilds - while still letting guilds build on their halls with this kind of resource.

I like that EOTM is coming back to the game, but I really wish they had considered guild halls when making this decision.

@foozlesprite.8051 said:

Having the eotn be the main main hub with offhubs for diff seasons would be nice. Kinda like having eotn be the gh of dragon's watch but have smaller hubs as footholds on lw seasons.

Also would be cool if eotn was multiplayer instance.

@Blaeys.3102 said:

@Blaeys.3102 said:One thing about this bothers me. For those of us in guilds, our guild halls should be our activity hub. It's fine to add these things elsewhere in the game for guildless players or those that prefer not to use halls, but this content seems like it would be a perfect addition to the guild hall.

This could easily be the guild hall. There is a hub for guild hall resources - without the hall - already in Lion's Arch. I forget what it's called, but it would work perfectly for those without guilds - while still letting guilds build on their halls with this kind of resource.

I like that EOTM is coming back to the game, but I really wish they had considered guild halls when making this decision.

super glad they didnt choose the guild hall.

@Dante.1763 said:

@Blaeys.3102 said:One thing about this bothers me. For those of us in guilds, our guild halls should be our activity hub. It's fine to add these things elsewhere in the game for guildless players or those that prefer not to use halls, but this content seems like it would be a perfect addition to the guild hall.

I respect that you do not use a guild hall - and agree that the EOTN is a good addition that players will enjoy.

At the same time, there are many players, like myself, that center their GW2 experience almost exclusively around their guild - playing with the friends I have made the past several years. When I log on, it is almost always to meet up with those people - whether it be for open world, missions, instanced PVE or WvW.

When they first introduced guild halls, we were very happy - finally here was a place for us to meet up - to start the day's adventures together.

But then it was abandoned (fairly quickly actually) - virtually forgotten by developers. And now we have content that would make the ideal addition to the hall. Im not saying don't put it elsewhere - just remember that guild halls exist and maybe throw us just a little something. We would happily build portals for raids, strike missions and just about anything else they gave us. It would give us a goal to strive toward as a guild (even if those assets already existed elsewhere in the game.

This content seem perfect for guild halls. I just wish they weren't dead and forgotten content in the developers' eyes. It really disheartens those of us that enjoy playing alongside our guildees.

I just think it wouldn't be correct if the hub has crafting stations, bank, merchant, trading post etc whereas guildhall; that are here since hot, doesn't even have crafting stations or any personnal gate to dungeons or anything. If that hub is so great, I will totally forget gh, home instance and sun refuge, kinda sad to make all the others "hub" useless. Definitely need more upgrades for gh. It's odd to separate things like this, want to gather nodes? Home instance. Crafting decos? Guild hall. Strikes? Eotn.

@Donari.5237 said:

@videoboy.4162 said:I'm a bit excited about meeting this character we've never SEEN yet. That was interesting phrasing.

Me too. And given my pet theory, I am mildly concerned that it will somehow turn out to be E, who then could not be Lord Faren who we have seen, well, pretty much all of.

I still hold out hope that E turns out to be Evennia and Livia has used the Scepter of Orr to keep her alive all these years. After saving her from Ascalon, of course. Oh!!! We could even eventually have a Vision of the Past where that very thing happens!

@Blaeys.3102 said:

I respect that you do not use a guild hall - and agree that the EOTN is a good addition that players will enjoy.

At the same time, there are many players, like myself, that center their GW2 experience almost exclusively around their guild - playing with the friends I have made the past several years. When I log on, it is almost always to meet up with those people - whether it be for open world, missions, instanced PVE or WvW.

When they first introduced guild halls, we were very happy - finally here was a place for us to meet up - to start the day's adventures together.

But then it was abandoned (fairly quickly actually) - virtually forgotten by developers. And now we have content that would make the ideal addition to the hall. Im not saying don't put it elsewhere - just remember that guild halls exist and maybe throw us just a little something. We would happily build portals for raids, strike missions and just about anything else they gave us. It would give us a goal to strive toward as a guild (even if those assets already existed elsewhere in the game.

This content seem perfect for guild halls. I just wish they weren't dead and forgotten content in the developers' eyes. It really disheartens those of us that enjoy playing alongside our guildees.

i -do- use GH's in my RP guild. Thats all they are and have ever been good for is RP, guilds shouldnt be a mandatory requirement, and before you say "but its in the title of the game" the Guild Wars are an in game event.

I enjoy playing alongside my guildies, none of them care about the hall, and i disagree on this kind of content being "ideal" for guild halls. IMO it should be in a hub the entire open world can see, not a small portion of the game. But ive said enough on this topic in this thread.

@Dante.1763 said:

i -do- use GH's in my RP guild. Thats all they are and have ever been good for is RP, guilds shouldnt be a mandatory requirement, and before you say "but its in the title of the game" the Guild Wars are an in game event.

I enjoy playing alongside my guildies, none of them care about the hall, and i disagree on this kind of content being "ideal" for guild halls. IMO it should be in a hub the entire open world can see, not a small portion of the game. But ive said enough on this topic in this thread.

I have never used the argument about the name of the game and am fully aware of why the game is named what it is.

Likewise, nothing in our guild is mandatory - We've always believed it is the guild that offers value to the member, not the other way around.

Putting content like this in guild halls (as well as elsewhere in the game) is about supporting the player-created communities and giving them fun things to work toward/around together. For many of us, it adds to the fun of the game and strengthens the single biggest reason we log in - the communities that we've built.

I agree it should be available to everyone, in guild or not - as well as in guild halls.

Also - keep in mind that EOTN is very likely to be a solo instance similar to the last "hub" they gave us (and like it is at the end of the last story step), so the chances of it being something the "whole open world can see" is slim (again, just speculating - I could be wrong about this point).