Griffon - Legendary Corrupted Facet - any ideas ...?

HtFde.3856

@"sorudo.9054" said:after months of trying and still not even close to a group or even a hind of help, i would say it's impossible.when i play there is never ever a group to do stuff like this, and the argument of "wait for a boss train" is getting old since they are never at my play time and takes hours to even start let alone get it to the facet.i have 2, maybe 3 hours so waiting for a train is a no go and getting one started is a waste of time.

Have you tried the suggestions in this topic?

1) Ask your guild/s or friends to help.

2) Check the LFG when you get online and periodically while you're playing to see if anyone is doing it.

3) Get the bounty yourself and start a group for it (you do not need any kind of tag - it's just another way to advertise it), put a listing in LFG and post in map chat (you might need to repeat it in map chat a few times, remember people will join the map after you). Don't actually spawn the Facet until you have enough people (5+) and you're ready to go. Ask if anyone has done it before and if they can explain the mechanics to the group before you start so people are less likely to make mistakes.

4) Wait for a day when Crystal Oasis bounty hunter is a daily achievement because people are much more likely to do it then. You may need to combine this with step 2 or 3 - it's more likely but there's no guarantee there will be a group on the copy of the map you happen to drop into exactly when you get there.

5) If all that hasn't worked let us know whether you're on an NA or EU server and what time of day (with time zone) you're typically online and some of us can come and help you get it.

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After all the time and gold I spent on this stupid griffon, this bounty garbage is a real good kick in the face.

Lovely how they consider that people might NOT have access to piles of other players. Does ANYONE use the LFG tool? I tried for the first time ever on this and it was empty.

Disappointing, time wasting garbage.

This is the most popular legendary bounty across all maps, and it is not even hard at all, all you need to do to rally people for this bounty is simply advertising your intention on LFG system and calling for help on map channel.

P.S. From who used to run all map legendary bounty train. (Organising a train is actually fun and good experience.)

Just for test I just now logged in and checked the LFG in Crystal Oasis. And voila there was a facet group with 12 people in it. EU, Saturday morning. I don't know if this is prime time or not, would say it is something semi prime.I see either legendary train or facet only groups all the time. Myself I did Griffon about 2 months a go and I already had the kill several times without even knowing that it was requirement.

Make sure you're using the Crystal Oasis tab on the LFG tool and not Achievement Hunters or whatever. And look for bounty trains as well as people just doing the one bounty - yes it will take a bit longer and you'll have to help other people with the other bounties too but you do get loot and (if you've not done them before) achievements from those too.

Alternatively pick up the bounty yourself from the board and advertise in map chat and LFG that you're doing it so other people can join you. Just make sure you have a group together before you trigger the bounty. It's much, much harder to do if people only find out after the timer has started and have to get to the nearest waypoint and run out to the pyramid after the timer has started.

• 4 months later...

@"HtFde.3856" said:It's now three days that I try to get this, the last, achievement done for the Griffon ... no luck. It's either:

(1) I have the bounty but when I tag up I get three or four people joining so it's a no-go.(2) Someone else has it, pops it, notices "oh my - I can't solo it" starts to call for it in chat - usually no commander or mentor icon - and when you finally arrive - the location is a pretty far way from any of the sparsely situated waypoints (unless you know the shortcut) so when people arrive it's again only three or four and with a timer of, say, four to five minutes ... fail.

All the other achievements were doable since they're on a pretty predictable mechanism, usually close to a waypoint with people around. I get the feeling that some clever dev thought it would be fun to ram bounties down player's throats by including this in the griffon hunt - and - so much like Orr - it worked ... the first weeks when the mass of players was doing it. Now, a few weeks in, the map is what it is designed to be: a solo map - unlike HoT or Dry Top or the Silverwastes.

Does anyone have any idea how to get this achievement done?

You should gather a team of atleast nine players with different professions to take down the Legendary Corrupted Facet.

Since this has been bumped up anyway I'm going to add a piece of advice based on a recent bad experience: please make sure the people who have agreed to help you are there and ready to go before triggering the bounty. It's not close to any waypoints and even 'end game' players with all mounts unlocked will need some time to get there.

Standing just outside the area and spawning it the instant two people in map chat say they could help achieves nothing except to reduce the time available to beat it once they do arrive.