How do I win against warrior? (wvw)

Yoci.2481

@Lincolnbeard.1735 said:Power mes sustain damage is awful, warrior sustain is pretty good, they'll just heal through your sustain damage.Best bet is a series of bursts and pray they all land.

And then a wild balanced stance appear out of nowhere to make our damage look pathetic xDHonestly though, forget about it as power, if the warrior knows what he/she is doing you won't be able to win as power.

There are many classes too, not just warriors that power mesmers can't win against.

Usually, high mobility, stealth and short high burst successfully kills Warrior.Conditions are also super effective against them.

For Power, watch out for their Endure Pain skill. It last 2 seconds and grants them immunity against power dammage. However, you can still CC them or put some cover conditions (weakness, immob, cripple, etc...)Their Bull's Charge is pretty predictable, you'll see them just rushing at you. Dodge that, don't attack them while they use it, it is an 1,5 seconds evade.

For Conditions, If you have boon rips, the only way a Warrior can deal with conditions is with Resistance and/or a Condi clear (2 charges, 50 seconds recovery per charge with 5 seconds cooldown between the 2).

@Edge.8724 said:Usually, high mobility, stealth and short high burst successfully kills Warrior.Conditions are also super effective against them.

For Power, watch out for their Endure Pain skill. It last 2 seconds and grants them immunity against power dammage. However, you can still CC them or put some cover conditions (weakness, immob, cripple, etc...)Their Bull's Charge is pretty predictable, you'll see them just rushing at you. Dodge that, don't attack them while they use it, it is an 1,5 seconds evade.

For Conditions, If you have boon rips, the only way a Warrior can deal with conditions is with Resistance and/or a Condi clear (2 charges, 50 seconds recovery per charge with 5 seconds cooldown between the 2).

What you mentioned is not related to wvw I guess.In wvw warriors are different ... WAY different lolEndure pain is longer (5 seconds traited) and 4 without trait I believe, as for resistance, some of the builds can have high uptime of resistance, so unless boons removal, it is going to be pain. Not to mention the amount of dodges

Dealing with them as condi is not really hard, I mean if I am condi mirage with staff, I wouldn't worry much about them coz they will have hard time hitting me even, but as power and specially those who uses the walls, you can't kill them, and if you try to spend one of your mobility skills to go to them you are doomed, oh and btw, if they decided that they want to run away you will not stop them as well.

As a warrior, here is what gives me trouble fighting a Mesmer as well as what guarantees me a kill versus a Mesmer in WvW.

What hinders me:All the fcking screen clutter... If you play right, even on a power build, you should be able to put up so much crap on the screen and then stealth until your burst is off CD that I will have trouble finding the right thing to use my burst on.

Condi spam. There is only so much resistance and condi clear. If you are persistent, maintain distance, and keep applying condi, I'll eventually run out of condi mitigation and be in a pickle.

What helps me.Speaking as a GS Berserker when I play WvW. Staying to close to me. Double Arc Divider will down you. If you are using a weapon with close-ish range, or if you go into stealth while close to me I know you are close by even with the screen clutter, and a double Arc Divider clears away the clutter and puts you in a downstate. I don't have to headbutt you, I can headbutt any of that screen clutter to start the burst sequence. *NOTE this doesn't apply if you are using staff or GS as you are most likely at 1200 range away from me.

Stealthing AFTER I activate a channeled skill like rush or volley. They still track you, and in BMode my rush has hit for 14k (a Mesmer I had fun fighting made sure to whisper me that info).

Most of the time that I've killed a Mesmer it was after they stealthed and they thought they were safe, either with Rush or back to back Arc Dividers.

As Core or Spellbreaker I tend to have a harder time simply because I don't have that rapid high damage AoE, and high damage AoE is the best way to fight a Mesmer. Even with my Reaper I take time to lay down marks with my staff before swapping to shroud or GS.

So that is my advice on fighting warriors with either power or condi. Range dps them to death. Same as it always has been really. If you stealth while nearby then try to jaunt or blink away asap.

Are you joking?Mesmer win 9/10 against warrior. It's like the worst class to face for a warrior.To your favor though, condition works better than power mesmer. However you should be able to kill a warrior even with power mesmer since warrior lack mobility to keep up with you.

@Susy.7529 said:Are you joking?Mesmer win 9/10 against warrior. It's like the worst class to face for a warrior.To your favor though, condition works better than power mesmer. However you should be able to kill a warrior even with power mesmer since warrior lack mobility to keep up with you.

gs 3, gs 5, bull charge, degger 2, rampage 3 dashes, back to gs3, gs5, dagger 2. thats preety much 10k range back to back with dashes.If you play properly on condi warrior doesnt stand a chance in a direct fight, but the truth is, he can just walk away, if you follow you will die. you cant chase him down.as a power, you usually lose. land a burst twice back to back to win, get hit once to lose. you have to dodge literarly every single ability.it takes me 0,2s to realize what enemy is a clone and what is not, usually i no longer even thinka bout it but know instantly make a mesmer and use all weapons and FOCUS WHAT THEY LOOK LIKE. only ambush and axe 3 doent.look for movements to the sides, clones dont do that, look at boons, clones dont get them. mark the mesmer with red, it will track them throught teleports and clutter. only stealth removes it.

Power vs Warrior is pretty difficult.

They have Balanced Stance to cancel out crits, both as an active and as a free passive.

They also have Endure Pain to clutch if they eat a rather painful burst.

But if yu actually line yur skills properly, yu can bait out and remove stability, then proceed to burst them after a well placed Diversion.

Make sure to watch for their Stability and yoink it off with GS3.

Use Sw2 to stave off their full engage, which is painfully obvious, because both Bulls Charge and Rush have very obvious animations and predictable movements (both being targetable gap closers)

GS is yur offense set, never be caught in this set without having Blink up.

Sw/T is yur defense set, it is good to have an 10 second CD evade from Sw2 so if yu feel unsafe, prepare to hit Sw2 or hit Torch 4 invis.

@"Yasai.3549" said:Power vs Warrior is pretty difficult.

They have Balanced Stance to cancel out crits, both as an active and as a free passive.

But if yu actually line yur skills properly, yu can bait out and remove stability, then proceed to burst them after a well placed Diversion.

Use Sw2 to stave off their full engage, which is painfully obvious, because both Bulls Charge and Rush have very obvious animations and predictable movements (both being targetable gap closers)

Sw/T is yur defense set, it is good to have an 10 second CD evade from Sw2 so if yu feel unsafe, prepare to hit Sw2 or hit Torch 4 invis.

problem starts when he gets close to you, via gs 3, and rampage. the abilities with " tells " dont have tells anymore if you ave quickness at point blank range. heck you cant even ignore gs3 spin or you eat 8k dmg. you have to keep the distance at all cost, if warr gets close you are preety much donzo, becouse every escape move will be followed by dash that will deliver big hit on top of closing the gap.try to spread the illusions, gs3 will wipe them all out in 1 go if they are together.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@"Yasai.3549" said:Power vs Warrior is pretty difficult.

problem starts when he gets close to you, via gs 3, and rampage. the abilities with " tells " dont have tells anymore if you ave quickness at point blank range. heck you cant even ignore gs3 spin or you eat 8k dmg. you have to keep the distance at all cost, if warr gets close you are preety much donzo, becouse every escape move will be followed by dash that will deliver big hit on top of closing the gap.try to spread the illusions, gs3 will wipe them all out in 1 go if they are together.

Pretty much all of this. Stay away. Brush up on your clone mimicking skills save blink for when he finds you, burst after blink. Mesmer has the least ability to tank damage of the cloth classes when going toe to toe with a warrior, you need to use actual deception, and I don't mean the in game utility skills, to help you survive.

If you can stay at range, and strip any stability, then you'll win hands down power or condi.