Loving the festival

It is a great festival, but there's a surprising lack of updated rewards or ambience for this one. Usually we get a new round of minis and other assorted bits and lots of dialogue associated with past season. But, apart from the extended weapon skins (eg divine sovereign), there's nothing.

Perhaps next year;

• More things to spend treasure hunt gold bags on
  • An extra boss in Gauntlet (Joko with taunting dialogue, Shiro maybe)
  • Extra events in the Cliffs or just the missing ones from the very first festival
  • New collectibles in the cliffs for those completing the original sets
  • Lots of new ambient dialogue related to current/just gone events.

It just feels surprisingly abandoned by the devs after the effort put into restoring and updating Dragon Bash.

If anyone does find anything new though, let me know.

@"Goettel.4389" said:I usually skip festivals (except I can't get enough of mad labs), not sure why.Loving this one though.That's all, carry on :-)

Don't forget to do the hidden Quaggan Lantern Puzzle for the fun of it! :) It starts in the southeast of the map, inside the shipwreck where the quaggan's ghost is located. <3

Edit:8CkWBNO.jpg

@Randulf.7614 said:It is a great festival, but there's a surprising lack of updated rewards or ambience for this one. Usually we get a new round of minis and other assorted bits and lots of dialogue associated with past season. But, apart from the extended weapon skins (eg divine sovereign), there's nothing.

Perhaps next year;

• More things to spend treasure hunt gold bags on
  • An extra boss in Gauntlet (Joko with taunting dialogue, Shiro maybe)
  • Extra events in the Cliffs or just the missing ones from the very first festival
  • New collectibles in the cliffs for those completing the original sets
  • Lots of new ambient dialogue related to current/just gone events.

It just feels surprisingly abandoned by the devs after the effort put into restoring and updating Dragon Bash.

If anyone does find anything new though, let me know.

This exactly. I mean I believe there were some updated items, but they were gem store only festival box...

Same! Love gathering crystals with Skyscale, Skimmer race, water baloons, THE BEACH PARTY, pavilion...Didn't bother with previous festivals, but this one surprised me.I suspect it's because now we have mounts. Last time i attended was many years ago and PoF was still far away in the future.

Is of the 4 achievement categories only the 4th one new/repeatable for everyone? I am a returning player. Seems a lot of stuff to do - compared to Dragon Bash. (Then again some of it is finished quickly.) I'd prefer not to do tons of achievements again next year. But from how I understand it (at least for the 1st category with the Labyrinthine Cliffs stuff) a lot of stuff was already achievement in the past year.

Or did this juts reset for everyone that completed it - so it is possible (and people that want to to everythig might feel "forced" to do it again) to do them again for another skin chest reward?

So far most seems easy. Only had trouble a bit with the raptor in Pavillon - but managed under 2 mins after a few tries. Next the griffon adventure with the 6 crystals (still trying). I don't have expansions/masteries - onyl rented mount. (Maybe it is easier with them.)

The most fun is the Gauntled. Though I have a hard time. Back in 2013 when I played before taking my long break ... I could do everything. Now with only core it seems harder. Maybe tier 3 bosses got bufffed or it is because of the changed skills until then (but I think core stuff should be stronger by now as well) ... I guess it is just that I need to get back into the game for harder stuff. Not used to it since normal PvE is just spamming skill 1. :D (And I think I tried different classes, need to try my Guardian and Ele - those I think I had at level 80 back then in 2013 and glass cannon ele was good to jump around and quickly damage some bosses.)

There is also enough ways to get tickets for gauntled. (If neede buying for tokens is cheap.)So .... I guess the favor of the festival stuff is the limited stuff - and the quaggan ghost is for players that got all the skins n stuff. (Like with Dragon Bash where it was useless to give him Zhaitaffy when you still had other stuff to buy.)

I love the monster bashing of the bosses. I can only do 2 or 3 rounds before my brain starts to melt... but I am loving it. I remember how much fun it was the first time, during the Queen's Jubilee.

So far I have not seen anything I want to purchase with the festival money, though. Just some skins, and minis. I like minis, but already have like a dozen, who needs more than that? And I don't care at all about skins. I have one favor of the festival, but see nothing worth buying... maybe I am overlooking something?

Question... is there anything to do with the entrance tickets other than the gauntlet? I am getting as many tickets as I am tokens. I have almost 200 tickets and need none ha ha

@Randulf.7614 said:It is a great festival, but there's a surprising lack of updated rewards or ambience for this one.

Yeah, I'm wondering about this as well. I didn't participate too much last year, so I still have rewards to work for (as well as AP) but I was logging in daily for Dragon's Bash because it had fun activities, AND it was profitable. Just not seeing that for this festival, but I guess you can't have everything.

I feel like I haven't really done much yet, but I've still been enjoying it - I rode the boat all the way around the bottom of the Cliffs, and have been poking around on my skyscale. I've only done 1 Gauntlet boss so far, haven't been feeling awake enough in the evenings to fight them but I'm hoping to do that at the weekend. Oh, I've done one Boss Blitz too.

I'm glad it's sticking around for 3 weeks because for some reason July and August is always very busy for me, so even with a lot of stuff being repeated from previous years I'm not sure I'd have time for everything I want to do if it was shorter. Also there's some repeat stuff I want to do again just to see how it compares, especially the Gauntlet - I think I've got a much better build this year so I want to see if it's easier.

No I have noticed that - compared to Dragon Bash - I'm finished very quickly with all the main achievements besides Gauntlet and the repeatable (for AP) Boss Blitz achievement in the annual tab. Seems like the Boss Blitz is the grindy thing like back then at Dragon Bash the Stampede where it took some time cause you had to wait for it to start - until you had all the achievements for the AP from the repeatable achivements.

Doing Blitz while trying Gauntlet - and the dailiy stuff for tokens -until the festival ends ... for now.

I'd say we could need some underwater combat bosses for gauntlet. Or group bosses. But just a few for unterwater since it isn't that popular to fight underwater. And the group ones then only optional (only tokens, no achieves).

• the Sanctum Sprint and Aspect Fighting activities could get a daily achievement for participation. Was pretty empty when I was there and I had most achievements for aspect thing - still from the sprint some missing. But wasn't to motivated to play. (I'd do mainly for my permanent achievements though then. Guess most people will farm the event and more people doing those activities when they are at rotation in Lion's Arch than doing them now when you'd expect more doing them during festival.)

Festival is fine, the rewards not so much..the advanced back items (wind, lightning, sun catchers) was the reason for me to do the festival.Just like last year spend about 1000G materials for Zephyrite boxes and got nothing to cheer about, feels like a material sink sorry and leaves me with a somewhat sour taste.Winter Heart, Queen Bee, Chak infusion, Festive Confetti, just wondering if these rewards are really in there.. or is it just a carrot dangled in front of a donkey.