When will you address Holosmith? it has been 2 years since PoF

Arheundel.6451

The changes to rifle last patch were a good step in the right direction but now this remains the only overperforming spec ....

-too much mobilty : rocket boots 1800 range covered every 20s on top of removing impairing conditions and rifle 5-too much damage : easy 20+ might plus easy access to quickness-too much disengage : why...6s stealth every 36s with elixir s, insta animation impossible to interrupt...a 6s where the engi can potentially cross the whole map...too much..way too much-too much sustain : a holo can recover 80% of its HP in the blink of an eye after eating a full burst combo....from 20% HP he goes back to almost full health this is by far the most broken aspect of any class

If the devs either bring down Healing turret or Heat therapy...or ideally both that would be terrific...honestly I dunno why you keep nerfing mesmer when a spec like holosmith still exists untouched since PoF launch

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Arheundel.6451 said:honestly I dunno why you keep nerfing mesmer when a spec like holosmith still exists untouched since PoF launch

Riiiiiiight.....

Quickness removed from Elixir U, Static Discharge damage reduced by 50%, Prime Light Beam CD increased by 25%, Holo Leap damage reduced by 34%, Light Strike damage reduced by 40%, Holo Shockwave damage reduced by 22%, Corono Burst might-generation reduced by 50%, Spectrum Shield CD increased by 33%, Aim-Assisted-Rocket damage reduced by 50%, Minesweeper damage reduced by 33%, Vent Exhaust damage reduced by 32%, Protection Injection CD increased by 100%.

Probably more stuff too, that's just a very quick glance at patch-notes. I don't play Holo, so I've almost certainly missed something important.

Don't mis-understand, Holosmith definitely needs a tune-down.

I just find hilarious the whining of mesmers who think they're the only class to ever get nerfed.

@Ragnar.4257 said:I just find hilarious the whining of mesmers who think they're the only class to ever get nerfed.

This. Exactly this! Mesmers keep asking for nerfs to other classes simple because they got nerfed. They fail to realise that only broken specs need nerfs. Rest all have received their fine tuning over several patches and are within acceptable bounds.

The 2s holo leap needs to go, it makes this class impossible to be kited. Only Thieves have that kind of sticking power but they also don't have stability, pulsing nuke effects, 20 stacks of might or protection. Holo Leap needs to have at least 3.5s of CD.

Cut down on the quickness bro. Same goes for Soulbeast. Quickness is supposed to be a rare boon that should only be accessible for very short amounts of time.

Elixir S, or at least the toolbelt, needs a drawback. Whether it is longer CD or something I dunno. It's a must pick as it gives both the best utility and toolbelt skills in 1.

Photon Forge's range of abilities (namely corona, autoattack and shockwave) need to get looked at. Autoattack has 240 range, Corona has 300 radius and Shockwave 600. Need to get reduced to 180, 240 and 450 respectively (for reference, meteor shower, formerly one of the largest aoes in the game, only has 360 radius).

Holo is still broken no matter that it got nerfed like every class got nerfed here and there. I like what some other forum user said: Holo the class that has everyhting except long cds. Fits perfect, the punishment for cd wastes and braindead skillspam is so low it is insane.

@mortrialus.3062 said:

@White Kitsunee.4620 said:Personally I dont think the effectiveness of holo needs to be nerfed, it's the play style that needs to be nerfed.

What does this even mean?

It means make the class less face rolly.Make it so player that isnt very skilled is punished for pushing buttons for no reason.

Make heat more of a mechanic to manage, remove some stab, nerf easy escape options, stuff like that.

@Arheundel.6451 said:If the devs either bring down Healing turret or Heat therapy...or ideally both that would be terrific...honestly I dunno why you keep nerfing mesmer when a spec like holosmith still exists untouched since PoF launch

Bolded the relevant section for obvious whataboutism - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whataboutism

@Ragnar.4257 said:

@Arheundel.6451 said:honestly I dunno why you keep nerfing mesmer when a spec like holosmith still exists untouched since PoF launch

Riiiiiiight.....

Quickness removed from Elixir U, Static Discharge damage reduced by 50%, Prime Light Beam CD increased by 25%, Holo Leap damage reduced by 34%, Light Strike damage reduced by 40%, Holo Shockwave damage reduced by 22%, Corono Burst might-generation reduced by 50%, Spectrum Shield CD increased by 33%, Aim-Assisted-Rocket damage reduced by 50%, Minesweeper damage reduced by 33%, Vent Exhaust damage reduced by 32%, Protection Injection CD increased by 100%.

Probably more stuff too, that's just a very quick glance at patch-notes. I don't play Holo, so I've almost certainly missed something important.

Don't mis-understand, Holosmith definitely needs a tune-down.

I just find hilarious the whining of mesmers who think they're the only class to ever get nerfed.

Yep. Holo's gotten nerfed substantially many times. The stability changes were some of the biggest ones. But you'd never know if you listened to a lot of the whiners.

Could it use some more nerfs? Eh, probably. I think there's something to be said about its survivability (Heat Therapy/Iron Blooded shtuff) for its damage potential. But it's starting to become more of a l2p issue than it is a straight OP issue.

Pretty funny to see clueless people accusing others in being "mesmer main" when they are not, facepalm of an epic level.The most dumb excuse to NOT nerf this braindead faceroll spam class is : "but look how many times it was nerfed !" . Not the case for the other classes if they are too strong

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@jbondo.9817 said:honestly if you're struggling vs holoplay radiance guardian or the meta sb warrior build, use 10% of your brain, and holo isn't as big of a threat as you're making it out to be.

use one broken brainless thing to defeat another broken brainless thing. im loving it.

welcome to gw2 pvp it's been around for almost 7 years now

@"praqtos.9035" said:Pretty funny to see clueless people accusing others in being "mesmer main" when they are not, facepalm of an epic level.The most dumb excuse to NOT nerf this braindead faceroll spam class is : "but look how many times it was nerfed !" . Not the case for the other classes if they are too strong

That's not an excuse. It's pointing out that the OP's argument is invalid, because holosmith has been nerfed repeatedly and substantially.

I think some changes to reduce heat therapy may need to be in order, but overall I haven't seen that many problems with it.

@"Razor.6392" said:

• The 2s holo leap needs to go, it makes this class impossible to be kited. Only Thieves have that kind of sticking power but they also don't have stability, pulsing nuke effects, 20 stacks of might or protection. Holo Leap needs to have at least 3.5s of CD.
  • Cut down on the quickness bro. Same goes for Soulbeast. Quickness is supposed to be a rare boon that should only be accessible for very short amounts of time.
  • Elixir S, or at least the toolbelt, needs a drawback. Whether it is longer CD or something I dunno. It's a must pick as it gives both the best utility and toolbelt skills in 1.
  • Photon Forge's range of abilities (namely corona, autoattack and shockwave) need to get looked at. Autoattack has 240 range, Corona has 300 radius and Shockwave 600. Need to get reduced to 180, 240 and 450 respectively (for reference, meteor shower, formerly one of the largest aoes in the game, only has 360 radius).

"The 2s holo leap needs to go, it makes this class impossible to be kited. Only Thieves have that kind of sticking power but they also don't have stability, pulsing nuke effects, 20 stacks of might or protection. Holo Leap needs to have at least 3.5s of CD."

Except holo performs a specific role that thief doesn't... It needs stability to perform it's role.

Thief doesn't need it, it's a decapper / 1upper

Comparing the 2 classes is irrelevant... You should compare Spellbreaker with Holosmith , because they perform similar roles.

"* Cut down on the quickness bro. Same goes for Soulbeast. Quickness is supposed to be a rare boon that should only be accessible for very short amounts of time. " - Soulbeast is gone from the meta... bro

If anybody is complaining about soulbeast now then they should practice more because it was killed in the meta basically , just better side node options now.

Quickness on holo I can see that, halving it's duration could be something.

"* Elixir S, or at least the toolbelt, needs a drawback. Whether it is longer CD or something I dunno. It's a must pick as it gives both the best utility and toolbelt skills in 1."

The drawback with Elixir S is that engineer literally needs it in every single build it uses in PvP, ever in the history of engineer except scrapper maybe. I mean, the drawback exists already in that the utility is needed for survivability and down options. If you take that away, there's no trade off... They just need it. So you'd have to buff other defenses. You probably don't agree with this, and that's fine... But engineer slots it for a reason in almost every build, not because it's broken , but because they need it and other survival options don't exist that synergize with the build approaches.

" * Photon Forge's range of abilities (namely corona, autoattack and shockwave) need to get looked at. Autoattack has 240 range, Corona has 300 radius and Shockwave 600. Need to get reduced to 180, 240 and 450 respectively (for reference, meteor shower, formerly one of the largest aoes in the game, only has 360 radius)."

That will change nothing, holo is a side noder , it will still cover the point aside from middle in foefire. If you dodge the corona you remove 1 of their 2 stabilities. Then they need to pop elixir u for stab, which is a trade off because it's also a stun break. This turns battles.

Comparing ele's meteor shower is kind of irrelevant, because ele isnt'a side noder outside of weaver. Holo, again, is.

Gotta know the roles before asking for balance changes... You can nerf holo all you want, you'll just see more spellbreakers and weavers and you'll most likely be complaining about them.

@blitzkrieg.2451 said:

@"Razor.6392" said:
  • The 2s holo leap needs to go, it makes this class impossible to be kited. Only Thieves have that kind of sticking power but they also don't have stability, pulsing nuke effects, 20 stacks of might or protection. Holo Leap needs to have at least 3.5s of CD.
  • Cut down on the quickness bro. Same goes for Soulbeast. Quickness is supposed to be a rare boon that should only be accessible for very short amounts of time.
  • Elixir S, or at least the toolbelt, needs a drawback. Whether it is longer CD or something I dunno. It's a must pick as it gives both the best utility and toolbelt skills in 1.
  • Photon Forge's range of abilities (namely corona, autoattack and shockwave) need to get looked at. Autoattack has 240 range, Corona has 300 radius and Shockwave 600. Need to get reduced to 180, 240 and 450 respectively (for reference, meteor shower, formerly one of the largest aoes in the game, only has 360 radius).

"The 2s holo leap needs to go, it makes this class impossible to be kited. Only Thieves have that kind of sticking power but they also don't have stability, pulsing nuke effects, 20 stacks of might or protection. Holo Leap needs to have at least 3.5s of CD."

Except holo performs a specific role that thief doesn't... It needs stability to perform it's role.

Comparing the 2 classes is irrelevant... You should compare Spellbreaker with Holosmith , because they perform similar roles.

"* Cut down on the quickness bro. Same goes for Soulbeast. Quickness is supposed to be a rare boon that should only be accessible for very short amounts of time. " - Soulbeast is gone from the meta... bro

If anybody is complaining about soulbeast now then they should practice more because it was killed in the meta basically ,
just better side node options now.

"* Elixir S, or at least the toolbelt, needs a drawback. Whether it is longer CD or something I dunno. It's a must pick as it gives both the best utility and toolbelt skills in 1."

The drawback with Elixir S is that engineer literally needs it in every single build it uses in PvP, ever in the history of engineer except scrapper maybe. I mean, the drawback exists already in that the utility is needed for survivability and down options. If you take that away, there's no trade off... They just need it. So you'd have to buff other defenses. You probably don't agree with this, and that's fine... But engineer slots it for a reason in almost every build, not because it's broken , but because they need it and other survival options don't exist that synergize with the build approaches.

" * Photon Forge's range of abilities (namely corona, autoattack and shockwave) need to get looked at. Autoattack has 240 range, Corona has 300 radius and Shockwave 600. Need to get reduced to 180, 240 and 450 respectively (for reference, meteor shower, formerly one of the largest aoes in the game, only has 360 radius)."

That will change nothing, holo is a side noder , it will still cover the point aside from middle in foefire. If you dodge the corona you remove 1 of their 2 stabilities. Then they need to pop elixir u for stab, which is a trade off because it's also a stun break. This turns battles.

Comparing ele's meteor shower is kind of irrelevant, because ele isnt'a side noder outside of weaver. Holo, again, is.

Gotta know the roles before asking for balance changes... You can nerf holo all you want, you'll just see more spellbreakers and weavers and you'll most likely be complaining about them.

You are talking about pvp roles, I'm talking about overall balance and adding weaknesses to a class that pretty much is the full package. Holo cannot be kited, has 2-3 gap closers, has ridiculous damage mitigation and boon generation even when they're considered 'glass cannons'.

I mentioned meteor shower because most people are aware of its radius, to set as a point of reference (shockwave has SIX HUNDRED RADIUS). I EVEN SAID THIS and the guy starts saying "staff ele isn't a side noder" what the hell are you on about? Are you a robot? If it wouldn't make a difference then let's go ahead and nuke photon forge range on abilities.

Holy shit dude, this is the kind of people that play holo I guess. Don't faceroll when you press the reply button.

@Arheundel.6451 said:-too much disengage : why...6s stealth every 36s with elixir s, insta animation impossible to interrupt...a 6s where the engi can potentially cross the whole map...too much..way too much-too much sustain : a holo can recover 80% of its HP in the blink of an eye after eating a full burst combo....from 20% HP he goes back to almost full health this is by far the most broken aspect of any classThose two (combined with the uber mobility) make a good holo almost unkillable. I try imagine sometimes how devs are balancing the classes. I mean there are professions that have all the bits of the package while others don't, isn't it obvious to them? In other words you can't have mobility, survivability, sustain, decent damage when boons up (which holo has a ton) and being a nuking CC machine all at the same time.

@Razor.6392 said:

If anybody is complaining about soulbeast now then they should practice more because it was killed in the meta basically ,
just better side node options now.

You are talking about pvp roles, I'm talking about overall balance and adding weaknesses to a class that pretty much is the full package. Holo cannot be kited, has 2-3 gap closers, has ridiculous damage mitigation and boon generation even when they're considered 'glass cannons'.

I mentioned meteor shower because most people are aware of its radius, to set as a point of reference (shockwave has SIX HUNDRED RADIUS). I EVEN SAID THIS and the guy starts saying "staff ele isn't a side noder" what the hell are you on about? Are you a robot? If it wouldn't make a difference then let's go ahead and nuke photon forge range on abilities.

Holy kitten dude, this is the kind of people that play holo I guess. Don't faceroll when you press the reply button.

I'm talking about roles because you compared a decapper/+1er to a side noder.. I mean, this is the 1st obvious pointer that you're most likely below average in PvP.

Balance has nothing to do with either, because balance works differently for both roles. Hence the perspective of balance in general, as it should be.

Also, they're not glass cannon, they're side noders similar to Spellbreaker. Hence the same amulet usage. Glass cannons don't use Demolisher, they use berserker or marauder.

If you can't see these obvious things, then I'm not sure what else to type here, your knowledge clearly shows itself on the topics.

Also I don't main holo, I multi-class, but these are just common sense things you should know in PvP.

@Vagrant.7206 said:

@"praqtos.9035" said:Pretty funny to see clueless people accusing others in being "mesmer main" when they are not, facepalm of an epic level.The most dumb excuse to NOT nerf this braindead faceroll spam class is : "but look how many times it was nerfed !" . Not the case for the other classes if they are too strong

That's not an excuse. It's pointing out that the OP's argument is invalid, because holosmith has been nerfed repeatedly and substantially.

I think some changes to reduce heat therapy may need to be in order, but overall I haven't seen that many problems with it.The nerfs were so long time ago (ye, it was a fun time when Zan without a weapon farmed everyone just with forge alone) and when every class seeing nerfs holo havent seen any meaningful nerfs this year at all. Thanks to complaints about the other class 24/7 and some dev main it xDTbh its not surprising that biased holo main think the class is fine because he plays it, thats pretty much it.HT wont stop holos from spamming everything with low cooldown and pretty much every skill worth a dodge, sure HT will fix it /sThe only drawback is covered by perma vigor (need a huge shaves), "Thermal Release Valve" that trigger HT (800 hp every evade) and drop heat (also need like 8-10% to reduce spam from it).

@praqtos.9035 said:

@praqtos.9035 said:Pretty funny to see clueless people accusing others in being "mesmer main" when they are not, facepalm of an epic level.The most dumb excuse to NOT nerf this braindead faceroll spam class is : "but look how many times it was nerfed !" . Not the case for the other classes if they are too strong

I think some changes to reduce heat therapy may need to be in order, but overall I haven't seen that many problems with it.The nerfs were so long time ago (ye, it was a fun time when Zan without a weapon farmed everyone just with forge alone) and when every class seeing nerfs holo havent seen any meaningful nerfs this year at all. Thanks to complaints about the other class 24/7 and some dev main it xDTbh its not surprising that biased holo main think the class is fine because he plays it, thats pretty much it.HT wont stop holos from spamming everything with low cooldown and pretty much every skill worth a dodge, sure HT will fix it /sThe only drawback is covered by perma vigor (need a huge shaves), "Thermal Release Valve" that trigger HT (800 hp every evade) and drop heat (also need like 8-10% to reduce spam from it).

Ah yes. The "biased X main" argument. Weren't you criticizing that very argument?

What are you talking about no nerfs this year? There was a nerf to stability on March 5th. They added an additional penalty to overheating on July 16th. They added dynamic damage scaling to laser's edge, also on July 16th. These are all nerfs. Not to mention the serious nerfs to scrapper.

I know that when your main gets hit, it hurts the most. But don't think they've been ignoring holo either.

I agree...and with the recent CI changes, coupled with the complete and utter BS that is forum b*tchinguntilaclassisgutted, NERF EM!! Its too much effort to learn how to counter classes now...and we as online gamers are much too lazy to be bothered with that kind of nonsense. In fact...screw it...all classes that I had to make, in order to figure out their counterplay need to be nerfed now....think I'll post about it.

I want a trophy, and I want to be the best at my class......but I'll be damned if its me that is the problem....it must be the skills