WEAVER IS OVERPOWERED!!

kittyfur.6459

I'm honestly not sure if ppl are trolling or actually think weaver is OP. Low access to stab and stun breaks, extremely squishy base. Relying on vigor and evades to survive literally any damage, low access to condi cleanse... how is this OP? They are either spec'd into pure damage in a melee class with no armor or health, or they put all their utilities and traits into sustain and are still a mediocre bunker that can really only 1v1. The last balance change gave them a bit more effectiveness to decrease skill cds on trait lines, but they still fight the same.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Archer.4362 said:

@Xervite.5493 said:Weaver has far to many ways to avoid damage, evade block invul and teleport too. Along with dumping those aoes and a skill bar (water) dedicated to healing. Yea its busted tbh.

Everyone had evade, so why even mention that... Plus, what block does weaver build have. Plz tell me one single block

This is trolling at its finest

Earth Shield 2. Checkmate.

no, see better, arcane shield is only block with skill, earth 0 block

I'll accept arcane shield. Even though NO SWORD WEAVER USES that utility skill.

Earth shield? Are you serious? Conjures hasn't been used in ranked for years, let alone earth shield.

@Chiral.8915 said:You weavers sound like mesmers defending their OP'ness. Just accept your nerf and it'll all go much smoother LOL

No nerf has been discussed in this whine thread. Just weaver OP, weaver spins a bunch and I get evade popups when i blow my burst.

Let me start, i dont think primorial stance needed to be buffed to 20s recharge from 25s. I think it should go back to 25s to increase the time between bursts and stab.

Additionally, the water trait Flow like water should loose its heal on successful evade or block and be changed to gain vigor for 4s on successful evade or block. This trait synergizes too well with the evades weaver has. Leading to a situation where the weaver is evading and healing simultaneously.

Flow like water should also have its damage health threshold moved back to 90%. The trade off of going water is you lack damage, 75% health threshold is too low and its threshold should be equivalent to scholars health threshold.

Cauterizing strike should have its burning reduced from 8s to 5s and its damage vs burning slightly increased to compensate. This would move the ability to more of a hybrid power/condi role. Making condi less effective in the attack.

Searing slash (3rd chain auto attack) reduce burning from 6s to 4s and increase power damage slightly. Again making high burns stacks a bit more reliant to speccing condi stats.

weaver op? dont stand near it. their range is so pitiful its not even funny. as someone said, their burst is so easy to predict u shouldnt get hit by it if u kite them a bit(fireweaver)thats also the only weaver u should fear since mender wont ever kill u, so dont contest a point when its a mender weaver defending it. rotate or get +1, its rly that simple

@Nath Forge Tempete.1645 said:Well we can say that the new condi build (sword/focus) is pretty gimmicky ... ppl that are not aware of it will be freelo. But the downside is that it's less sustainy than the mender variant . So it's more reliable on evades than the sustain .

You 'll see more evades and less 20% to full healing .

I play ele, less sustain sure, but that doesn't mean it's easier to kill, focus offers so many deffensive skills that kinda compensates the sustain. The other build still tankier cuz it's running menders and water trait line, on the other side enemy also has more room for mistakes because you don't have same burst as fire to punish em.

And finally the fresh air, high burst a lot more squishy than the other 2. There's a guy on forums claiming there's an immortal weaver build with high burst that survives going in and out of air. I can only think of a fresh air with arcane abatement and woven stride together, even tho I can't think this can be immortal, lock it down, gg

Yeah I'm guilty of being insta burst by weaver's and posting their OP but I admit I was wrong. I went through and learned the professions skills and practiced the rotations to learn to fight them better and learned yeah they can do powerful burst just like the majority of the professions in this game can but they also require more skill/button presses than the other classes to do the majority of rotations. I'm not saying ele rotations are hard at all to learn with a little practice cuz they aren't I'm just saying in comparison to other class burst rotations they are and have the same punishment as other squishy classes do if the mess up etc. I know they have air line for healing and I've found it great for sustain but u gotta switch and pull the skills off in order to benefit from them which is definitely not any more OP than other classes multiple blocks and invulnerability skills. So anyway I admit I was wrong, imo their a pretty balanced class.

Well... That was certainly unexpected, even though Migraines, SoulBeeps, SpellBikers, YoloSmiths, Spongers, FireBorks and others still are not properly balanced, you want to nerf Weebers that barely keep up with this bs? That's amazing!I wouldn't really mind nerfs to it though, removing evades from sword skills and giving other type of survivability(like generating barrier or active block or smth) would be great.It may be shocking, but Elementalist is one of the rarest creatures that can use to it's advantage combo fields. I know, it's crazy.

I don't get why people still run Woven Stride and Sw/D.

Invigorating Strikes instead of Woven Stride. Sw/F, Fire spec + Arcane spec for hybrid damage. Run Mender for maximum sustain or Sage's/Avatar for more damage. You get max vigor output, a ton of barrier gen, more damage from Fire even with Mender. I like to replace Lightning Flash with Signet of Water = less condition duration and when coupled with Svanir rune extremely low chill uptime.

Weaver is a class that on the surface level looks very broken, but when you look at it beyond that you can see why its quite weak.It is without a doubt one of the squishiest classes in the game, 18-22k HP with no toughness and a focus on healing power.It has long recharge stunbreaks, that are very punishing if you use improperly or at the wrong time.It's really easy to not throw your attacks into Water 2 Earth 2 + double dodge combo, because you know they're going to use 3/4 dodges in a row consistantly, if they don't they don't get enough HP. Always pressure them after this, not when they're in Fire or whatever you think is better, they may use Twist to cover it, because they have to, but then thats a twist they don't have later.Weavers also get affected by Chill, Cripple, Immob, and Weakness alot more than other classes (poison too I guess?)

They have alot of on demand evades, but they're used for very important and specific things, its easy to play around if you actually TRY.

I think what most mean is the Mender built the push for it were easy to see in the last balancing update . I have seen a lot of them dying so it isn't OP. From the first glance it got from medium in pvp to the good or very good. Maybe some remember this built was good before but then got nerfed in its HP pool and has fallen back because of this.

So the devs seem to push it forwards again . I haven't tested the new built yet but what it got is some more dps while in water(water trait change) and increased the heal of the water skills on sword . What this means is the built can make a strong comeback when not downed and got the penalty for using the water trait lines reduced in terms of DPS.

What I also noticed is that there are some Condi Sword Eles are back now in Pvp and WvW with sword and focus the built has theoretical not only access to 'lava skin' but also 'fire aura' and 'stone flesh' combined with extreme dps this sounds more like an OP built. But most expect this built be nerfed anyway with in the next few updates.

Nothing weaver/ele does is anything spectacualar in terms of damage and or sustain. If ur having a problem fighting them l2p man. They can be EASILY cought and bursted if you are patient and know what to dodge and what to interupt....ele/weaver doesnt get stabiltity that easily so if u cant interupt a single heal skill that on you.....l2p...god it feels good saying that after every mesmer/holo/necro/gaurd/ect... Say that all day long.

Sword weaver is 200 range....u dont need to stand on point with it to kill it. Let it decap let it get a half cap but keep ur distance and ull kill it. Get the 5 points take it outa the game and get the cap. If ur going toe to toe against any condispam class thats ur fault....condi clears vs condi application is wak atm.

@romano.8170 said:99% of this thread seems to be low elo players looking to pin their lack of win rate on w/e they can.

I just made a post about that, and moderator thought it was unconstructive and removed the post lol.

you just have to hunt down the same guy in your match over and over, than you and your build might get a thread on forums saying the build you used is OP

@kittyfur.6459 said:Ridic. I see them constantly heal from 20% to 100 in literally no time. 2 toons wailing on it and CANNOT kill. I thought scrapper was bad..this is ABSURD. fix this bs.

Nobody can survive long vs 2 enemies of equal or greater skill....nobody, by contrast I can 1vsx opponents of far lower skill level...I can personally do that on guardian, warrior and ranger...less likely on ele though while still possible, it's far easier to lose on ele with a simple mistake than on the three mentioned before.

With that said, I can't really justify sustain on weaver ..but then again weaver sword is balanced around current powercreep in the game of which yourself take advantage of.You can only nerf ele to make him unviable because in GW2 you either quickly recover from mulitple mistakes and win...or you're worthless to play as class , people can ask to nerf ele ok...but in reality nobody on any class should be able to recover from multiple mistakes like : warrior -engineer -guardian - ranger..followed by thief- rev..all classes really.

People may ask to nerf everything to core level....remember though that once we reach that point, specs like core war -guard , ranger and necro would require a nerf bat of their own...so really perfect balance in a MMO with 9 professions doesn't exist and it's only requested by people for their own agenda

@Stallic.2397 said:

@Xervite.5493 said:Weaver has far to many ways to avoid damage, evade block invul and teleport too. Along with dumping those aoes and a skill bar (water) dedicated to healing. Yea its busted tbh.

Everyone had evade, so why even mention that... Plus, what block does weaver build have. Plz tell me one single block

This is trolling at its finest

Arcane Shield.

Edit: I gotta read more of the thread before responding.

@Eddbopkins.2630 said:Nothing weaver/ele does is anything spectacualar in terms of damage and or sustain.

Only they have more evades on their weapon set than I have in total. I'm addition to vigor, double twist of faith and obsidian flesh.

If ur having a problem fighting them l2p man. They can be EASILY cought and bursted if you are patient and know what to dodge and what to interupt....ele/weaver doesnt get stabiltity that easily

On every stance cast, so at least every 20 seconds with prim stance.

so if u cant interupt a single heal skill that on you.....l2p...

Weaver doesn't activate it's healskill.

Sword weaver is 200 range....u dont need to stand on point with it to kill it. Let it decap let it get a half cap but keep ur distance and ull kill it. Get the 5 points take it outa the game and get the cap. If ur going toe to toe against any condispam class thats ur fault....condi clears vs condi application is wak atm.

What if my class is melee?