Raid Power reaper - focus or warhorn

Crystal Paladin.3871

I'm new to Necro... When looking at snowcrows, metabattle they suggest warhorn with impact sigil with 7% dmg on stunned foes but the stun on skill4 is just 2 secs ...

But the trait cold shoulder in reaper line gives 15% dmg against chilled foes... Focus skill5 gives 6 secs of chillness and skill4 gives 15% life force

And looking at some forum threads (2018 threads) suggest that focus is trash

Also the rotations doesn't seem to include warhorn skills at all in snowcrows... Like the skill4 never used at all for triggering the 7% dmg.

Maybe focus got buffed recently and snowcrows didn't update it?

Someone plz explain...

Well, raid don't take into account what you read litterally. The contest between focus and WH is a war of utility and, in raids WH will often offer you better utility.

WH is favored over focus because it give you more ability to break the breakbar and Impact sigil give you more damage while in breakbar phase. (This won't be included into the dps rotation but it is what make it more optimal as an offhand)

In raid you won't be a solo hero, you'll have more than enough players with you to make the chill on focus skill#5 unneeded.

That said, in a raid fight against a boss that don't have a breakbar phase, you'll favor focus because it can offer you better LF management. (anyway, neither focus nor warhorn are valid as dps tools since the life leeching calamity that fell on them.)

@Crystal Paladin.3871 said:I'm new to Necro... When looking at snowcrows, metabattle they suggest warhorn with impact sigil with 7% dmg on stunned foes but the stun on skill4 is just 2 secs ...

But the trait cold shoulder in reaper line gives 15% dmg against chilled foes... Focus skill5 gives 6 secs of chillness and skill4 gives 15% life force

Also the rotations doesn't seem to include warhorn skills at all in snowcrows... Like the skill4 never used at all for triggering the 7% dmg.

Someone plz explain...

if you are doing raid necro, here is my top, bring and different DPS. you will perform better more than likely since DPS necro is a joke tbh unless you are corrupting boons

@Xxnecroxx.4039 said:

@Crystal Paladin.3871 said:I'm new to Necro... When looking at snowcrows, metabattle they suggest warhorn with impact sigil with 7% dmg on stunned foes but the stun on skill4 is just 2 secs ...

Someone plz explain...

if you are doing raid necro, here is my top, bring and different DPS. you will perform better more than likely since DPS necro is a joke tbh unless you are corrupting boons

Don't really get what corrupting boons has to do with DPS. Protection doesn't need removing that often.

Necromancer Offhands in PvE, aside from Torch on Scourge, are in such a bad state that they are basically just stat sticks and you won't actually use the abilities on them much.The reason Warhorn was chosen over Focus is because you can contribute to breakbars with Warhorn 4.

Impact Sigil always provides a 3% modifier, additionally the 7% doesn't require you personally to CC, nor does it rely on the duration of your CC's and is active on any breakbar, with duration of CC's just increasing their contribution to Breakbar damage to get it broken.

In group content conditions like Chill will most likely be covered, but even if there should be some downtimes, Focus 5 with it's one second cast time as well as slow aftercast over all would be a DPS loss, which is why it isn't used.

@Sigmoid.7082 said:

Someone plz explain...

Don't really get what corrupting boons has to do with DPS. Protection doesn't need removing that often.

depending on the boon you corrupt you can get increased damage, like if you corrupt vigor into bleed, that is turning a boon into a DoT, so you gain some damage

@Xxnecroxx.4039 said:

Someone plz explain...

depending on the boon you corrupt you can get increased damage, like if you corrupt vigor into bleed, that is turning a boon into a DoT, so you gain some damage

Not really all that relevant for what this thread is about , power reaper .