[Idea] T7 material bags (Huge Crafting Bag)

hugo.4705

So here is something I'm thinking about as a new reward/ thing available to laurel merchant. It would act like other tier material bags but with ascended materials, necessitating 10 laurels instead of 1. See below for my beta render of the thing in-game. I think it can be a cool reward during festival, for laurels or anything where you have tokens but currently nothing interesting to spend them on. The secondary goal could be to completely remove drops from garbage ascended materials (dragonite/bloodstone/empyreal fragments from anything, putting them, why not with the other materials in that bag. The risk could be to see an effect on the price but I'm skeptical, currently with FOFW we have dailies giving you 1 mystic coin, so 1 coin per day per player and the price hasn't changed a lot.

IFP4hsC.jpg

If that bag is locked behind a good amount of tokens/laurels/efforts can be a good opportunity: To satisfy everyone let's imagine, you can have it once a day doing 10 world bosses or after 5 fractals T3-T4, for 2 raids, after completing 4 tiers of reward tracks, after 3 map completion or in pvp?

The main goal would be to bring those ascended crafting mats in the line of others mats which already have a crafting bag available + the supply box in LS4 maps! Whereas not a lot for ascended, apart that magic box in ls3 which is more a scam because you have way far more rare items in them and some trash. (Obviously speaking of PvE, not raids or whatever else)

Finally it would make the efforts more rewarding, it's nice to farm something like sonic but if you aren't rewarded for so.... what advantages? You earn them by doing what you like, you aren't left behind, nobody will profit on another if gated only one / day per game mode. So big max, 3 if you play the three, in my case would be 1-2: PvE and maybe WvW if motivated.Still if that's too much (have to remind here, that in the bag, fulgurite/bloodstone/dragonite/empyreal worth nothing, half chance for something golden) can be weekly, once per week.

That's all, the idea currently is beta, maybe things need to be tuned like number of materials awarded by bags, if lucky 3x 5gold material = 15g, if three game modes it's 45g. So maybe only 2 materials. Through if unlucky it's 0g in the bag. So maybe 3 is okay for the risk. Also source need to be defined, but as laurel reward seems pretty fine.

Edit: Also note that some bags containing them are already there: Magic Warped Packet containing the four golden mats

Edit2: Against or for, in all cases explain.

The only reason T7 mats have as much value as they do is the time gate. If people can bypass the gate, the value will evaporate. A big reason that T2-5 common mats have value, is that they are used in bulk for T7. This too would be lost.

Put another way: the game has plenty of faucets for materials; the lack of sinks prevents mats from rising in value.

So the question isn't: should T7 mats have parity by having their own Huge Crafting Bag? The question is: are mats priced about the right amount currently? Or are they too high or too low for the health of the game?

There's no great answer to the second question, because it largely depends on whether a player looks at the economy as a producer or as a consumer. Farmers want higher values; fashion warriors want lower ones. (And those that farm to buy specific things want both, so that's its own sort of headache.)

PS The name for the bag is awesome (Huge Crafting Bag fits the pattern) (although, under the circumstances, I wonder if ANet would consider... Hugo Crafting Bag).

What I don't understand is the price. In PvE you don't have plenty of boxes/bags containing them whereas it's a shower of them in raids:

[boss name] Top-Tier Supplies.https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Deldrimor_Steel_Ingot

So here I am, PvEr, not doing any raids, do I have those boxes? Nope. It's a kind of equality.

Of course it depends on the cost wanted by consummers/sellers. But the time gate has nothing to do with it. You earn them already crafted in raid boxes. Plus, let's say today I want to craft weapons/armors, using deldrimor ingot, If I remember well, 3-5 per piece, I can simply buy them on TP ignoring time gate.

What adding the bag would bring is more of those available, maybe lowering the price, but the price loss can be adjusted with frequency of that bag.

If you can only buy it for 10 laurels or earning it once a week, people will earn them, and then as always, buy the rest on the tp. If I remember well again, ingot/elonian/damask/spiritwood are gated, the rest not. And yeah I think it's gated to not have too much of them on tp.

So, one of the game philosophy was "nothing would be exclusive to a part of the community creating gap between player groups" but here, you have those asc boxes in raid but not in the rest of PvE. I don't even know if you have asc mat boxes in WvW or PvP?

To conclude, yeah I also agree that time-gate may have a role but they are more no time-gated sources for those items.

Also to add some context:Current supply of deldrimor ~5kCurrent supply of iron ingot ~230k