Chak Killer - Master

@Zeike.7469 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:Assuming the likely scenario that Anet doesn’t fix bugs, chances are that a few got stuck in the walls. That’s all assuming you did not get downed once.

If you get downed it doesn't work? I got downed and still got expert

Yes. It’s a requirement that they didn’t disclose in the achievement and haven’t after repeated requests over the years. If it’s actually a bug then it part of a long list that haven’t been resolved over the years.

Also, pets. Hubby did it several times with his Necro. No achievement. I did it once on my guardian and got it.Not sure if this is still a thing but make sure the one that needs the achievement starts the story if you take a friend to help. I had the achievement and went with him to help but I started the story and he didn't get achievement.

@Lady Vanithy.6495 said:Also, pets. Hubby did it several times with his Necro. No achievement. I did it once on my guardian and got it.Not sure if this is still a thing but make sure the one that needs the achievement starts the story if you take a friend to help. I had the achievement and went with him to help but I started the story and he didn't get achievement.

i did it on my ranger. pets dont affect it, but some do spawn in the wall which ive had happen.

• 11 months later...

Sorry to necro this thread, but just offering my experience (as of this writing, success today, with previous tries since HoT was released):

1. This was completed on my warrior using sword/warhorn + rifle;
  2. I have full Heart of Thorns masteries;
  3. I was not downed at all during the course of the mission nor while killing chak in the pit (based on the fact that being downed = losing eligibility);
  4. I received the achievement after killing all but five of the chak in the pit.

So, from my perspective:

1. Don't go down at all during the course of the story mission;
  2. If you're traditionally all melee, take a ranged weapon;
  3. Have plenty of condition clear and methods of evading attacks;
  4. Have methods to give yourself small heals (traits/abilities, food, &c)
  5. Take it slow (based on feedback that killing too quickly results in no credit; maybe fixed?);

I hope this helps someone looking for some guidance/tips.

• 7 months later...