Doesn't make any sense

This is what's happening...metabattle and those people/sites that make builds and stuff for pvp are not doing the game any good, they are putting good builds out there but the major downside is that people then complain about it being "OP/broken" for eg the nerf to CI in pvp and Ci has been there for sooooooo long it ONLY caused an issue where people put the build out there and EVERYBODY starts using it. The option to select default builds is enough for pvp.

@necromaniac.7629 said:

@Trise.2865 said:Is that not what metagaming is?

Yes is it and its not good cause it really affects my playstyle if they keep nerfing traits that i use.

If you were only able to chose 1 default build how do you know anet would decide that the build your running atm would be the default one?If you can chose builds then it will be the same as now.

@Linken.6345 said:

Yes is it and its not good cause it really affects my playstyle if they keep nerfing traits that i use.

If you were only able to chose 1 default build how do you know anet would decide that the build your running atm would be the default one?If you can chose builds then it will be the same as now.

I don't understand what you're trying to say honestly.

I don't know why people are convinced ANet decides to nerf or buff primarily because of player complaints. They will read our constructive critiques and then look at the data, evaluate the the impact on overall balance based on changes, and then decide based on what they think is best for the game.

The fact that a build is (or isn't) on metabattle or snowcrows might be part of that data; it's not a critical factor.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:I don't know why people are convinced ANet decides to nerf or buff primarily because of player complaints. They will read our constructive critiques and then look at the data, evaluate the the impact on overall balance based on changes, and then decide based on what they think is best for the game.

The fact that a build is (or isn't) on metabattle or snowcrows might be part of that data; it's not a critical factor.

Well to be fair, they are making decisions only on the builds and traits the OP uses. Everything else is fine.

@"necromaniac.7629" said:This is what's happening...metabattle and those people/sites that make builds and stuff for pvp are not doing the game any good, they are putting good builds out there but the major downside is that people then complain about it being "OP/broken" for eg the nerf to CI in pvp and Ci has been there for sooooooo long it ONLY caused an issue where people put the build out there and EVERYBODY starts using it. The option to select default builds is enough for pvp.

Are you saying that anet should not make balance adjustments to remove OP skills when it becomes obvious how OP they are? Or are you saying that sites like meta battle should be shut down?

I want to understand what you hope this post will accomplish.

@necromaniac.7629 said:

I don't understand what you're trying to say honestly.

You say people should only be able to use default builds, it will be the same as now people will tweek and find the best default build.So the only way it can change the way you want OP is that anet make 1 build for each class for pvp.And thats not what I think you want from this change.

There will always be a meta because people want to play the most optimum thing and there will always be people willing to share what builds they use.If we only had default builds it would be boring and remove the ability to theorycraft or slightly alter your build in specific ways for a specific match. If a build is meta and really overpowered, Anet will hopefully see that and nerf it or tweak it or whatever. But players will always try to find the most optimum way to play a class and there is nothing wrong with that being shared on a site like metabattle.

@"necromaniac.7629" said:This is what's happening...metabattle and those people/sites that make builds and stuff for pvp are not doing the game any good, they are putting good builds out there but the major downside is that people then complain about it being "OP/broken" for eg the nerf to CI in pvp and Ci has been there for sooooooo long it ONLY caused an issue where people put the build out there and EVERYBODY starts using it. The option to select default builds is enough for pvp.

That isn't really what's happening. It's not as if most of the builds that enter the meta are somehow a secret before that. Generally, there was something preventing those builds from becoming dominant before. Either a change was made to the class itself (nerfing an even better build, or buffing a related trait, for instance) or other classes/builds that checked that build and kept it from dominating the meta were nerfed or otherwise fell out of the meta, leaving a void to be filled.