Condition damage in pvp

Ziggityzog.7389

@"UNOwen.7132" said:With power builds, you know what their big hits are that you need to stop (stuff like Arc Divider on Warrior or Deaths Judgement on Deadeye). With Condi, often all of their hits are big hits, and if you dodge it the next one just applies the condis instead.

Condi has the same thing. There are key skills you need to avoid. Thing is people don't know what they are for, what I would say, are three key reasons.

1) the meta is mostly power builds. You encounter something more you know what to avoid.

2) power builds give instant feedback. "I got hit by Eviscerate I went from full to half. I should avoid this skill next time" comprised to "I've been eating attacks for a while now an nothing is....wait...no...nonono NOOOOO WHAT?!"

And for me the most important

3) the death breakdown only shows the condition that did the damage not the skill that applied it. You know you died to burning but not from what skill. Could be 60% if the burning that killed you came from one skill or even two players. You will never know.

@Sigmoid.7082 said:

@"UNOwen.7132" said:With power builds, you know what their big hits are that you need to stop (stuff like Arc Divider on Warrior or Deaths Judgement on Deadeye). With Condi, often all of their hits are big hits, and if you dodge it the next one just applies the condis instead.

Condi has the same thing. There are key skills you need to avoid. Thing is people don't know what they are for, what I would say, are three key reasons.

1) the meta is mostly power builds. You encounter something more you know what to avoid.

2) power builds give instant feedback. "I got hit by Eviscerate I went from full to half. I should avoid this skill next time" comprised to "I've been eating attacks for a while now an nothing is....wait...no...nonono NOOOOO WHAT?!"

And for me the most important

3) the death breakdown only shows the condition that did the damage not the skill that applied it. You know you died to burning but not from what skill. Could be 60% if the burning that killed you came from one skill or even two players. You will never know.

Eh, most of them really dont. In the case of condi thief, their key hits are every single one, since most of their damage comes from traits and venoms, and well, those work on all traits and dodging an attack with those active doesnt do anything. In the case of Condi Mirage, its the clones ambush attacks which there are countless of and which the Mirage will keep spamming out. Necro has a bunch of instant boon corruption which you cant dodge either, and that puts a ton of condis on you as well. Even fringe builds like condi soulbeast have a similiar problem. Oh and Burn Guard, whose burn applications are instant, unblockable, or both.

@Falan.1839 said:It's not a straw man. If you proc kitten amounts of poison on a 900 range port+immob with no cooldown and several more on each AA or you apply 3 different conditions just by dodging it's as good as passive, even though it might not techanically pulse without doing anything.

Lotus Blossom is a specific trait. Deadly Arts is a specific trait. Want to complain about those traits?

Take it to the thief forum.

Nothing about the above proves that condi is categorically an issue.